Why?

Hopeful

Taeyeon, the only girl I've loved more than Hyomin. She's also the only girl I've met who's about the same size as me, if not slightly taller. She's the most dorky, lovable, ahjumma* you could ever meet. There's one thing about her that I don't like at the moment, though. She hates confrontation. I remember that one time where the girls decided to have an intervention about her pea collectables obbsession. She burst out into tears before Sooyoung could finish half of her sentence about her "addiction". My heart is pulled piece by piece everytime she cries. But that doesn't matter anymore, it's been broken for a long time now. Ever since... I found out about her and Tiffany. Today, I've decided to let her go, to let her be... Truly happy.  I love you, Taengoo, it's time to set you free. 


I hear the apartment door swing open. Taeyeon dashes in and tackles me to the floor in a hug. 

"SUNNY-BUNNY, I'M HOOOOOOOOOOOME!" She shouts like I'm NOT directly under her getting crushed into the floor... Ow, I think I just heard one of my ribs pop. 

"I'm glad you're home... BUT NOW I HAVE A FRACTURED RIBCAGE!" She looks at me with a confused expression before her eyes widen in realization. 

"OH MY SWEET PEAS, I'M SO SORRY, SUNNY!" She jumps off of me before pulling me upright.

"It's fine! I don't need all of my ribs intact anyway!" I jokingly reassure her. She beams before she laughs like an ahjumma. 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, YOU'RE SO FUNNY, SUNNY!" She then proceeds to slap my back. Hard. First she breaks my ribs, now my spine?

"Ouch! My back, too!? Are you doing this on purpose, Tae-Tae!?" Taeyeon attacks me with another hug, we land on the couch, LUCKILY.

"HAHAHA, sorry, Sun-Bun, you're just too funny for me!" 

"Is that why you cheated with, Fany?" The words came out of my mouth before I registered what I was saying. She looked at me with confusion or fear, maybe both. It's too late to take back. 

"Taeyeon, I... only want to know, why?" She's still frozen, her arms still locked around me. Her eyes are starting to water. I wrap my arms around her.

"Tae-Tae... I'm not mad. I just... It doesn't matter. You don't have to answer." I feel my neck start to get wet. Her tears slide down to my shirt. I squeeze her tighter in my embrace. Her breathing becomes irregular, she's trembling now. 

"You had to know this was going to happen sooner or later, Taengoo." I whisper softly into her ear. She starts sobbing, I hear her trying to get words out. 

"S-sunny, y-you k-now I would never i-intentionally h-hurt y-you, right? I love y-you, n-not l-like I did before, b-but I d-do! I'm so s-sorry, I just couldn't no! I shouldn't make up excuses! I should've told you right when it started! I d-don't kn-know what I was thinki-" Tears are streaming down my face, I'm starting to choke up. 

"T-Taeyeon, that's enough, j-just stop, please. I f-forgave you a long time a-ago..." I could feel her gasp against my neck.

"Y-you... H-how long have y-you known?" 

"Seven months ago." I could feel her start to shake against me, she's crying more than before. 

"Why!? Wh-why... Didn't you t-tell me? Why d-did y-you j-just keep i-it t-to yourself?" I've stopped crying.

"Because I love you, Taengoo. I needed time to let you go, to let you be happy without me. It's over now, Tae-Tae. You can be truly happy." I tilt my head up and kiss her forehead. 

"Bye-bye, Taengoo, I'll always love you." I release her from my embrace and our relationship. She looks up at me with red puffy eyes. Her tears cascade down, staining her beautiful face. She's still clinging to me.

"G-goodbye? Wh-what d-do y-you mean? Y-you l-live here?" 

"Not anymore, Taengoo, I couldn't." She frowns. 

"You're... l-leaving m-me?" Her eyes are wide open, tears still streaming down. Her grip on me tightens.

"I can't li-"

"No! Y-you c-can't j-just l-leave l-like th-this! Please, d-don't g-go!" She's squeezing me harder, it's getting hard to breathe. 

"Taengoo, please, let me go. I'm still your friend." 

"I-if y-you're s-still my f-friend it should b-be f-fine! St-stay!" 

"No, Taeyeon, I've already packed." 

"P-please, j-just f-for a-another w-week!" She's released the hug a little. Her puppy eyes pleading me to stay. I have to give in. 

"Fine, but just for another week, alright?" She nods her head vigorously before smiling at me with her tear stained cheeks. 

"You know... I think you just popped another on of my ribs..." She just continues to smile gently. 


A/N: I know I said I didn't want the story to be serious but I think HALF of it should be! So, Sunyeon is going to be a lot more serious than Jeti in this Fanfic. I was thinking they could be the "serious" couple. Although, they seem more hyper and childish... Hm. I was wondering if I should do Tiffany's POV in the first chapter next but maybe Taeyeon's POV for this chapter would be more interesting.   Hmmm... Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm too lazy to double check everything. UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER, FAREWELL.