Confessions

Hopeful

Seohyun rested her head against the window of the car. The car pulled to a stop at the red light. 

 

"Hyunnie... I feel like we need to talk." Seohyun smiled, lifting her body forward to listen better. 

 

"What about?" Yoona drummed her fingers against the steering wheel, thinking of a way to sugarcoat her words.

 

"I... I think you're growing up too fast." 

 

"What? Unnie, you're only a few months older than me." 

 

"Yes, but... I just feel like you aren't ready for... what comes with making a commitment to someone." The younger coiffed her hair back, laughing in the soft way she does. The difference in opinion between her two elders were so asymmetrical, it was laughable, to her, of course. She tried not to sound bitter as she told her elder of her past encounter.

 

"Really? Yuri-unnie told me that she thought I was ready for dating when she called me." Yoona jerked the car to stop at the side of the road.

 

"What? She... when?" Seohyun braced herself against the seat.

 

"A few nights ago. Unnie, you shouldn't stop the car so abruptly..." 

 

"I've told her countless times that I didn't think you were ready! She never listens to me!" The youngest relaxed into the seat, touching her elder's hand tentatively. 

 

"I'm glad she told me her opinion on the matter. I actually... kind of agree with her." Yoona shook her hand off, gasping at the young girl's audacity.

 

"How could you? I thought I was your favorite unnie!" 

 

"You are, trust me. I just feel like I'm growing up now. Yuri-unnie has a point. I'm growing up, I want to try new things." 

 

"New things? Do you even hear yourself?" 

 

"Why can't you accept that I want to start a life with someone?" 

 

"Why do you want that? You have a life with me, don't you? Why isn't that enough?" A long silence filled the car, until Seohyun spoke.

 

"It isn't enough because you don't love me like I love you." 

 

"Wait... Hyunnie, you can't mean..." Seohyun shifted in her seat.

 

"I'm sorry... let's forget I said anything." 

 

"But we have to-"

 

"No, no we don't. Please, let's not talk about it." 


A/N: Here's the update. I set the date yet I can't even update on the right time. Sorry about that. My dad forced me to go a party with him. He drank a bit too much to drive so I was away from the laptop for a while. After a few hours past, he felt better and we drove home. By the time I got back, it was too late to write anything.