Sunbyung's past

Hopeful

"Well, Hyomin has been my friend for a long time. She's always been with me... Literally. She followed me around a lot when we were younger. Hyomin was really protective, especially when boys were near me. But, once we got older... she began to get more... touchy with others. When we were younger she would only touch me affectionately. She back hugged me so much the other kids would call her, folding screen. When we started high-school... that changed. She hugged everyone, even pecking some people on the cheek. I got a little jealous... I walked away from her after she accidently pecked a boy on the lips during our lunch break. After that... I couldn't speak to her. Until the next day when something crazy happened." 


Flashback


5 students sat on the roof of the school building, munching on sandwiches or little balls of rice. One student, a girl, was sitting a bit too close to a male student. A certain brunette, clenched her teeth at the sight. That girl was HER folding screen, not his! Folding screens were supposed to stick to their partners! Not stick to random boys! The girl moved in to peck the boy on the cheek, another student called for the boy's attention, resulting in Hyomin's lips colliding into his. Sunny's heart clenched in pain. She picked up her lunch and walked away, not bothering to look back. The others were too busy teasing the two, to notice Sunny walk off. Nobody saw her leave... except Hyomin. The girl felt as though she made a horrible mistake... she knew Sunny loved her a little more... intimately. She couldn't bring herself to except Sunny in... that way. The Folding screen knew she had to make Sunny lose romantic interest in her. She wasn't interested in Sunny, "like that". She allowed the Bunny to walk away without an argument... that was something she was going to regret for a long time. 


The next day


A short brunette sat down on a bench, munching on a sandwich. She would usually eat with her friends but... she couldn't face a certain long-haired brunette after the... incident. The trees swayed in the wind, matching the rhythm of Sunny's softly beating heart. Everything was calm... until some rabid cat attacked the Bunny! Flailing and kicking, Sunny nearly fell off the bench, trying to fend off the attacker. Finally, she pried the cat off of her face. Holding it up in front of her, she realized something... This is Hyomin's cat, Jesster. 

"Ugh, this cat is evil!" Sunny muttered under her breath. She recalls getting attacked nearly 37 times by this demon! This cat was one of the reasons Sunny never visited her Folding screen's house.

"Wait... What are you even doing here? We're on school grounds..." She questioned the cat. It only meowed lazily in response. Sunny took that as an answer. 

"Hey," She shook the cat. 

"I'm talking to you! You can understand me?" It meowed once again. Sunny looked the feline straight in the eyes before saying,

"I've gone crazy..." She put the cat beside her on the bench gently, she wouldn't want to provoke it. 

"Y'know... you aren't that bad. I might like you a lot more if you'd stop clawing my face every time you see me. I know I'm a bunny but seriously? Can't we all get along, Jesster?" The cat purred softly, swaying it's tail, side to side. Sunny smiled.

"I'll take that as a yes. We have a pact now, alright? No more assaulting my face, it's a promise." She the cat's head with her index finger. Sunny looked at the ground... her sandwich... 

"Ah, that's just great! Whatever, it was almost gone anyway." A tranquil silence lasted for two seconds before it was torn up by a soft giggle. Sunny turned her head... Hyomin. Feigning indifference, she asked,

"Are you here for the cat?" Hyomin nodded.

"Yup, I saw him run into a bush a couple minutes ago. I have been chasing him for a while." Realization struck the short brunette.

"Wait... how long have you been standing there?" The Folding screen laughed.

"About... the time Jesster jumped onto your face." Sunny's eyes widened. 

"You saw and you didn't come help me!? What kind of friend are you!?" The girl sat on the bench, placing Jesster on her lap. 

"I wanted you and Jesster to work out your problems." 

"Work out our problems!? He was clawing my face! Why didn't you just pull him off for me!? We could've worked out our relationship after!"

"Nope, if I came out of hiding, Jesster wouldn't bother looking at you." 

"Ugh, whatever." A bell resounded, it was time to go. Sunny leaned down and picked up the sandwich, tossing it into a trash can.

"Bye, Hyomin. Bye, evil- I mean, Jesster. Sorry," She picked up her lunchbox. "force of habit." Before she could get up, a hand pulled her back. 

"Why don't we walk together?" The Bunny raised an eyebrow. 

"Don't you have to take Jesster home? You can't exactly bring him to class." Jesster hopped onto Hyomin's shoulder, reaching for Sunny's hand, she intertwined their fingers, squeezing a bit too hard.

"Come with me to the nurse's office? I think she can take care of him 'till it's time to go home." Sunny looked at their hands uncomfortably, wriggling her fingers slightly, she tried to pull her hand free. The folding screen's grip tightened. 

"Uhm, Hyomin, that kind of hurts..." The taller girl looked down at their hands. Reluctantly, she released Sunny's hand. 

"Aaah, thanks! The blood is circulating again... c'mon, let's hurry, we have a test today!" The Bunny ran off ahead, leaving Hyomin to  think about her actions. 

"I want her to get over me, but I would never want her to leave me..." The Folding screen's words would change someday. 


"So, her cat clawed your face and you talked to her again?" Taeyeon was beyond confused. Sunny was so... thoughtful. She cared more for Hyomin, than she did her own comfort.

"That's what I love about her..." Taeyeon smiled to herself. 

"Well, yeah." Sunny answered. 

"I didn't even have the right to be mad. She wasn't my girlfriend nor was she some object to me. I shouldn't have gotten jealous, it was stupid, really. I was young... after the whole cat incident, I avoided her. I even deleted her phone number."


Sunny walked around campus, looking for a place to eat her lunch. She decided the bench wasn't a very good place...Hyomin would look for her there. 

"Maybe near the garden? I guess that'll work. The Bunny hopped off towards the garden. Plopping herself down, she pulled out a sandwich. After a couple minutes of peace... she felt like eyes were watching her. Turning her head to the side, she saw Hyomin sitting there, as though nothing was wrong. Of course, the Bunny freaked out, yelling,

"OH MY PIKACHU, WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?" The Folding screen barely blinked. 

"I walked." Sunny pointed an accusing finger.

"Y-YOU, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING!? YOU COULD'VE TOLD ME YOU WERE THERE!" Hyomin looked into Sunny's eyes.

"If I said I was here, you would've gotten up and left. Sunny, I've noticed... you've been avoiding me." The shorter girl looked away.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Just to prove you wrong, I'm going to stay here and eat!" With that said, the older girl devoured her sandwich in 1.4 seconds. Pushing the wrapper into her lunchbox, she shot up from the grass. 

"See? I'm not avoiding you." Hyomin glared and got up.

"Sunny, you ate that sandwich so fast, I could barely see your mouth move when you were chewing. You're lucky you have big cheeks, you can take big bites." 

"Maybe I was hungry." 

"MAYBE you want to get away from me! SUNNY, I know you've been avoiding me. Tell me, do you even treat me like your friend anymore? We barely talk, you never greet me, you eat too fast, TELL ME, is that how a person should treat a friend!? IS IT, SUNNY!?" The Bunny looked at the ground.

"No... No, that isn't how a friend should be treated. I'm... I'm sorry, Byung-poong. I haven't been treating you right. I just... need space. Maybe I can find a new Byung-poong..." Hyomin was horrified. 

"NEW BYUNG-POONG!? WHAT!? NO, SOONKYU, I'M THE ONLY BYUNG-POONG IN THIS SCHOOL!" Sunny jumped at the volume of Hyomin's voice.

"Yeesh, relax! I won't look for a new one if it means that much to you... while you're watching me, anyway." 

"WHAT?" Sunny's eyes widened.

"NOTHING. So... I'm going to go now." She brushed herself off before beginning to walk away. 

That was the last time Hyomin talked to Sunny in a long time. 


"You stopped talking to her after that?" Taeyeon wondered.

"Sunny stopped talking to Hyomin after she pecked a guy's lips when she was younger... if I had cheated when Sunny was younger, what would she do to me? Would she ignore me? Would she delete my number? Would she... hate me?" 

Sunny nodded.

"Yes, I'm ashamed actually. I was so petty.Now that I think about it, I'm glad Hyomin called today. I can finally apologize." The shorter woman stretched her arms out and yawned.

"Woah, wait, she called you? For what? Why didn't you apologize on the phone?"

"Oh, she called to go shopping with Jessica and I. I can't apologize on the phone! That would be insensitive!" Taeyeon was enraged.

"WHAT!? I ASKED TO GO SHOPPING WITH YOU GUYS, TOO! YOU SAID I COULDN'T COME!"

"That's different... she doesn't take, 'no', for an answer." Taeyeon scooted closer to the Bunny, wrapping her arms around the younger woman.

"If she's going, I'm going."

"But-"

"No, buts... Kekeke, butts..." 

"YAH, Byuntae!" 

"What? That wasn't even Byun-ish! Now, this is what a Byun does." The ahjumma reached under the blanket and cupped the Bunny's, "Sun-Buns"...

Taeyeon slept on the floor that night.


A/N: Hellooooooo! This chapter was loooooooooooong! Either that or I'm just hallucinating. I mean, this chapter took forever to write~! Was that, Byun-y, enough for you, TSL? To shuan09, Jeti and Sunyeon are not together, they just have this really weird, relationship/not a relationship, dynamic.