.chapter thirty.

An EXOdental Love Affair

Picture is not mine, all credit to original owner. 


 

“Where are you going, Yoon Ju?” Her father called after her. “Slow down!” he sounded in pain and Yoon Ju glanced backwards in exasperation.

Yoon Ju needed to get to Sehun as fast as she could, but she couldn’t leave her father behind either.

“We need to save Sehun, appa.” Yoon Ju explained, slowing down and glancing back again. “They will kill him if we don’t get there fast.”

“Sehun?” Her father frowned, “Who is that?”

“Just come, appa.” Yoon Ju sighed, glancing forwards then backwards.

“Go ahead, Yoon Ju.” Her father said, noticing her worried and exasperated expression. He shot her a small smile, “I will be fine. Hurry and save, this, Sehun.”

“Appa…” Yoon Ju sped up slightly. He nodded once again for assurance and she nodded at him before sprinting down the hallway. She reached a turn and she slowed as she heard voices.

“Hurry, sir said to get rid of him and get to the battle. Those bastards are daring to rebel!” The voice snarled in anger.

“Okay, okay, help me.” The other voice replied with husky voice.

Yoon Ju’s eyes narrowed. “Are they talking about Sehun?” she mumbled before slowly poking her head around the corner, making sure not to get into too much view.

She could see the two men staring into a wall, which she assumed to be the cell.

“How do I get past them?” She mumbled to herself, glancing around. There was nothing she could use as a weapon either.

“The damn door won’t open!” One of the guards began pulling on the bars, his face contorted into one of effort. He let go with a huff and shook his head, “This will take forever to open without the key.”

“Why did he even tell us to open it without giving us the damn key?” The other man growled in frustration. “What should we do?”

“Shouldn’t we just go? He’s in a prison cell, he can’t help the others.” The first man said, raising an eyebrow.

The other man glanced into the cell before nervously nodding, “I guess there’s nothing more we can do here.”

“Let’s go.” The first man patted his back and they both went sprinting down the opposite end of the hallway.

Yoon Ju was in view as soon as they were going and she skidded to a stop in front of the cell.

Tears came to her eyes as she stared at the tired boy sitting in the corner of the cell. His face was dug into his arms and he was breathing deeply. Blood was slipping out of his shirt and Yoon Ju knew he was hurt.

“Sehun.” Yoon Ju waveringly called.

He stiffened before slowly looking up. His eyes widened and he scrambled up, “Yoon Ju? What are you doing here?” he slowly came to the bars, almost as if he thought if he moved to fast she would disappear.

“Sehun, we have to hurry. They are attacking your father and-“ Yoon Ju’s voice cut off as she swallowed, seeing him up close. More scratches marked his fast and he looked exhausted. “Let’s get you out of here.” She whispered finally.

Her hands shakily moved the key to the door and she had a hard time moving it.

“How did you get out?” Sehun asked, watching her attempt to open the door.

Yoon Ju heard the lock click open and she smile. She swung open the door and Sehun stepped in front of her. She looked up at him and her smile widened, “Lu han.”

Sehun instantly smiled and he mentally thanked his close friend, knowing he could count on him. “Yoon Ju,” Sehun suddenly whispered. He opened his mouth to say more when a loud noise echoed, shaking the walls with its intensity.

Yoon Ju and Sehun glanced around as it went silent. All that could be heard was their deep breathing and they looked back to each other.

Yoon Ju’s eyes were wide with fear, “What just happened?”

Sehun opened his mouth to answer when they heard footsteps coming down the hallway. They both turned their head just as a figure was illuminated into the light.

He was smiling at them, his eyes hard with rage. “Well, well,” he said, sounding not even the least out of breath, “look at what’s happened here.”

“No…” Yoon Ju whispered, her eyes wide. “W-What did you do? Where are the EXO members? What did you do to them?!”

Sehun swallowed. Tears threatened his eyes but he didn’t let them fall as he gripped Yoon Ju’s arm tightly. It was too late for the others, but Sehun knew he had to at least get them out of there… alive.

“Yoon Ju,” Sehun’s voice was barely audible and Yoon Ju strained to hear it. “You have to use your power.”

“What?” Yoon Ju’s eyes rounded before she nervously swallowed. He was watching them. “I-I can’t.”

“You have to.” Sehun growled, keeping his eyes on the man. “If you don’t, we will die.”

Sehun knew he was at breaking point. His legs felt like giving out and his mark was burning on his skin. He couldn’t use his power.

“What are you two whispering about over there?” He asked, stepping closer to them and the two teenagers froze. “Aren’t you going to answer?” his eyes flashed with fury.

“I can’t, Sehun.” Yoon Ju whispered, her voice choking.

Sehun swallowed. “You have to.” He whispered back just as the man lifted his hand and his eyes glowed gold.

Sehun let out a yell as a bright light shot out at them. Sehun quickly pushed Yoon Ju behind him before the light hit him.

Yoon Ju screamed as she watched the light burn Sehun. He fell to his knees, holding the part of him that had been exposed to the light with pain. His skin had turned red and it seemed almost like he had been burned.

The light vanished and the man smiled at Sehun’s pain. He let out a small, humorless, laugh, “That much and you're already on your knees? You disappoint me, Sehun.”

Sehun took a shaky breath before he began coughing. Yoon Ju blinked away her tears as Sehun fell onto his hands. He was breathing raggedly and he seemed to be trembling in pain.

She rushed forward right as he fell onto his side. “Sehun?” Yoon Ju whispered, shaking him as a tear escaped when she saw his eyes were closed. “Sehun? Please answer me.” She whispered, shaking him more. Yoon Ju’s grip on his arm tightened and she felt anger fill her. She felt strange, as if someone had taken over her body and she was simply watching from afar as she whispered, “I won’t let you die.”