.chapter seventeen.

An EXOdental Love Affair

DOUBLE UPDATE. I WILL UPDATE THIS EVERYDAY UNTIL I FINISH NOW... OR AT LEAST I WILL TRY TO...

 

 

 

 

“YOON JU!” Sehun responded with wide, frantic, eyes. “Are you ok?! What happened?”

 

“I-I...” Yoon Ju’s voice cut off as she in a breath.

 

Her head was still pounding, but not like before. This time, it was because it felt like her mind was trying to uncover something that didn’t exist. She kept seeing images in her head, flashes of random things.

 

Yoon Ju looked up and met Sehun’s eyes again. He was still waiting for her to respond, but she didn’t know how to. What happened?

 

She herself didn’t know what just happened. She wasn’t even sure if it was a dream or not anymore.

 

Min Jung seemed to have proven it was reality, and the pain... the pain she felt was too real to be a dream. Just thinking about the pain made her cringe.

 

So if everything that Min Jung said had been true... then why? Why were these supposed people that Min Jung was scared of after her? Why... her?

 

Yoon Ju shut her eyes tightly, her palms sliding on her purple comforter and scrunching it up as she clenched her fingers onto it.

 

Yoon Ju turned and sprinted for the opposite end doors but right as she reached them, they slammed shut and she froze, turning around.

 

One of the other men was standing right in front of her and she shook, “W-What do you want from me?”

 

The man’s cold eyes bore into her own, “Your power.”

 

A shaky breath escaped her lips and her eyes slightly opened but only enough to stare down onto her lap.

 

“My power...” She whispered, softly.

 

Sehun’s brows furrowed, “What?” He hadn’t heard her.

 

Yoon Ju didn’t respond again and Sehun let out an aggravated sigh. He fell back onto her bed, sitting in front of her and turning to gaze at her again. His steady stare was oblivious to Yoon Ju though, as she was still lost in her thoughts.

 

“You do not realize how close they truly are to you.” Min Jung’s voice lowered. 

 

How close they were to her? What did Min Jung mean by that?

 

Yoon Ju felt like her brain would explode by how hard she was thinking. She didn’t even want to think about it, but it kept disturbing her mind let an itch that you can’t reach. Annoying and disturbing, but there, pestering you to remove it.

 

Could it be... Siwon? Is that why he was so set on being with her? No... it can’t be. Siwon wasn’t smart enough, no. He was just an arrogant guy who like Yoon Ju for her looks and wanted her to show her off. That’s all he could be. That’s all she wanted him to be.

 

It couldn’t be Krystal either. Krystal was her best friend. The one person she could turn to when nothing was right. The one who would tell her the truth even if it felt like a punch to the stomach.

 

“Do not doubt me again, Song Yoon Ju. If you think that was horrible, then you are in for trouble. What I did is not even a quarter of the pain they can cause you.” Min Jung warned as she knelt down to be in Yoon Ju’s level. “I am only trying to help you.”

 

Who exactly were they? And what can they do...

 

What happened before, with Min Jung. It was unnatural, it wasn’t supposed to exist. It wasn’t human. Yoon Ju was sure this wasn’t correct. How could these things happen.

 

How was Min Jung able to make that dark mist simply appear? Why did Yoon Ju feel such slithering pain when it did? Why did Min Jung’s eyes seem to be changing colors? How did she cause that pain to Yoon Ju’s mind? But most of all... who was that deep voice that spoke through Min Jung? Yoon Ju’s mind was raked with questions that she didn’t have answers to and it was killing her. She needed to know the truth... but she didn’t know who to turn to either. If she told anyone about this, they would think she’s crazy. Krystal would laugh it off. Her mother wouldn’t believe her. Siwon would look at her weirdly. Lu Han had just met her. Sehun....

 

Yoon Ju looked up and met Sehun’s eyes once more. They were steady and still intently staring at her.

 

Was it just her crazy mind or... no, it wasn’t her. Wait... it had to be her. It couldn’t be true.

 

Min Jung’s eyes flashed a full golden color this time and Yoon Ju flinched, watching her. Min Jung’s body was still before opened and it was not her voice that left, but a deeper and more cold one, “You cannot hide forever, Song Yoon Ju.” the voice sounded sinister and a cackling sound left Min Jung’s mouth. “We are...coming for you.”

 

Yoon Ju launched herself off her bed and ran out of the room. She could hear Sehun calling for her but she didn’t turn back, no, she had to get away from there.

 

Gold. She had seen gold in his eyes. Not a lot, not nearly as much as Min Jung’s, but she swore, it was there. Specks of it... the same color as Min Jung’s. t couldn’t have always been there, she would’ve noticed it, wouldn’t she? She’d been close with him before...

 

Yoon Ju abruptly felt her legs crumble under her and she fell onto the grass. A grunt escaped her lips followed by a sob. Tears glinted in her eyes holding for only seconds before dripping down her pale cheeks. Her eyes raked upwards and she saw she was in a small park. It had no playground, just a small grass area.

 

“YOON JU!” She heard and tilted her head slightly at the sound.

 

Sehun was just appearing from the trees with a worried expression. He caught sight of her and his footsteps quickened.

 

Yoon Ju simply watched him come. She had no more energy to run away, but more than that, she didn’t want to. She didn’t believe that Sehun would hurt her... ever. She trusted him that much.

 

He approached her and in a breath at her tears. His hand came out and she accepted it as he pulled her up. He stared at her for a few long minutes, with Yoon Ju staring back, before he stepped forward and his arms wrapped tightly around her.

 

Yoon Ju ducked her head into the crook of his neck, sobbing more. The tears soaked his skin but he didn’t complain. He simply waited, ignoring the clench him in at the sound of her cries.

 

After what seemed like forever, she slightly pulled away, only to look up at him. He met her gaze and felt heartbroken at the expression in her eyes.


Yoon Ju’s voice lowered into a whisper as she said what she had wanted to ever since this her dreams had started, “Sehun....” she gulped, “I’m scared.”