.chapter twenty-nine.

An EXOdental Love Affair

I will try to finish this story as soon as possible. Thank you to Jlkae06 and SongKyuHae for subscribing ^^ Enjoy! Picture is not mine, all rights to owner. 


     Everyone moved at once. Yoon Ju was thrown backwards by an unidentifiable member and she groaned as her back hit the cement wall. She slid to the ground, growling as she rubbed her aching back.

She opened her eyes and they widened as she instinctively brought a hand to cover her eyes from the bright light in the hallway.

It faded and Yoon Ju moved her hand as opened as she saw metal objects levitating around Lu han. He suddenly narrowed his eyes and they flew forward, straight towards her step-father.

Of course, he was not alone. An entire army of soldiers had appeared out of nowhere and Yoon Ju felt a wave of despair at how many they were. They were outnumbered by almost a hundred soldiers.

That didn’t hold them back as Yoon Ju watched another member held up his hand and the soldiers infront of him turned to ice. Another member did the same except caused the opposite effect, lighting the soldiers on fire.

Screams echoed, none of them the EXO members, which Yoon Ju was thankful for. She was frozen against the wall, watching in shock as they moved effortlessly, not giving a second glance to the dead soldiers they left behind.

A scream echoed from Yoon Ju’s mouth as a sword flew towards her, sticking into the wall only a few centimeters from her head. She stared at in shock before it stuck in her mind that she needed to move before she died.

Yoon Ju scrambled up and quickly ran backwards, away from the battle. She was smart enough not to be those stupid girls who ran straight into the middle of the fight thinking they could stop it.

She wasn’t strong enough and she had a feeling she would just distract the other members during the fight. Instead, Yoon Ju had another idea.

She spun her head around the intersection she was standing in, trying to decipher which way they would have been keeping Sehun.

Yoon Ju turned her head to the left hallway when she heard footsteps echoing through it. She froze, thinking more soldiers were coming.

“Hello?” She slowly said when the footsteps suddenly stopped.

The light illuminating the hallway only extended a few feet away, yet Yoon Ju’s eyes caught the shadow of a single figure heading straight towards her. It was moving slowly, limping almost.

Yoon Ju’s brows furrowed as she stepped forward, trying to see who it could be. “Sehun?” Yoon Ju hopefully called out but there was no response and she felt despair fill her once more. If it wasn’t Sehun then…

The figure finally stepped into the light and Yoon Ju felt the breath being flushed out of her. Her eyes widened and she scrambled forward, “A-Appa!” Yoon Ju cried as she quickly helped him stand up straighter.

His eyes were dropping but he opened them and searched her face for familiarity. Finally, they widened in recognition and he whispered, his voice hoarse, “Y-Yoon Ju?”

“Appa.” Yoon Ju cried once more, embracing him tightly before pulling away, tears welling in her eyes. “Appa, you’re okay. H-How are you here? I thought…”

“Yoon Ju,” Her father placed a rough hand on her cheek before shaking his head, “No, no, no. What are you doing here? Impossible. You can’t be here, Yoon Ju! T-They,” he glanced around, “They will find you.”

Yoon Ju’s eyes saddened, “It’s too late, appa.” She whispered.

“What?” He asked in confusion before she turned around and helped him walk forward. He followed before she stopped and looked to her side. He followed her gaze and he felt his heart crush as he saw the bloodshed down the long hallway. “No…” he whispered. “This can’t be happening.”

“Appa, why did you leave me?” Yoon Ju asked. She knew it wasn’t the best timing, but she couldn’t hold back the question that had been haunting her for years all together.

“Oh, Yoon Ju,” he sighed with despair. “I’m so sorry, my daughter. But I had to leave you. I thought it was for the best. You would never have to deal with… with this.” He motioned the fighting.

Yoon Ju swallowed. His face contorted with pain and she felt even more sad. “I was so sad, appa. When you left and when I saw you there, sitting, in pain. How did you get out? You were chained…”

He sadly smiled, “I got out. Don’t worry about how I did.”

Yoon Ju slightly frowned in confusion but he simply smiled at her. His eyes suddenly hardened and he quickly gripped her arm, pulling him behind her protectively. “Get away.” He growled.

Yoon Ju looked from over his shoulder and her eyes widened “Lu han.”

Lu han’s gaze shifted to hers and softened. “Yoon Ju.” He sounded sad. “I have to go help them.”

“I thought you already were.” Yoon Ju replied with confusion.

“I have to do more than I already am. All of us will try our best to hold him back. You have to get out of here, with your dad,” Lu han glanced at him once more, “get Sehun and leave, Yoon Ju.”

“Sehun?” Yoon Ju repeated. “Sehun!” She moved away from her father, “Where is he, Lu han?”

Lu han could sense the worry in her voice and smiled at that. “He is in the prison cells. Go down that hallway,” he motioned to the hall across from them, “There are gaurds in front of his cell so beware.”

“I will get him and then come back.” Yoon Ju promised.

Lu han smiled once more, although it didn’t meet his eyes, Yoon Ju didn’t notice. Her father, on the other hand, knew that gaze and he felt sad for the younger male. “You do that.” Lu han whispered. “Here, Yoon Ju.” He took her wrist and she opened her palm before he placed a cool medal into it.

Yoon Ju looked at the metal and saw it was in the shape of a key. The end of it was in the shape of the EXO sympol and the key tips glowed silver. “This…?”

“Sehun’s cell is a special one so he can’t use his powers to get out.” Lu han explained. “This will open the cell. Hurry, Yoon Ju. We’ll hold him back as much as possible. He will go after you as soon as he is done with us.”

Yoon Ju didn’t notice his last few words and she nodded, her gaze still on the key. “I will be back, Lu han.”

“Okay.” Lu han nodded and she quickly rushed down the hall he had pointed to, followed by her father. Lu han looked after her with a sad smile before he whispered, “You are lucky, Sehun, to have found someone to care about you.”

Lu han’s eyes hardened as he turned back to the fighting before they began to glow gold as he stepped forward, alongside his friends, ready to fight to the end