.chapter thirteen.

An EXOdental Love Affair

“So…” Lu Han asked as he held open the glass door for Yoon Ju.

 

She stepped through with a smiled, “What?”

 

Lu Han gave her a nervous smile, “Do you… Are you…” he sighed, “We’re friends, aren’t we?”

 

“Uh,” Yoon Ju nodded, “Yeah. Why?”

 

“So…” Lu Han looked around, “You can tell me then. Do you… like any… one?”

 

Yoon Ju stifled her laughter at his nervous expression, “Do I like any guys?”

 

Lu Han nodded, scratching the back of his head and looking away. “Y-You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to! I mean, I-“

 

Yoon J smiled, “I…” her voice trailed off as an image flashed in her mind. She hesitated to speak. Her gaze shifted downwards and she blinked, unable to get his name out of her mind now.

 

Lu Han smiled, “You like someone, don’t you?”

 

Yoon Ju paused, “I… don’t know.”

 

Lu Han raised an eyebrow, “How do you not know?”

 

“It doesn’t matter if I do.” she sighed, “He doesn’t like me. He likes my best friend.”

 

“And… you’re sure about that?” Lu Han asked.

 

Yoon Ju pursed her lips, “I am… aren’t… I?”
 

Lu Han stopped walking and stared at her. “What’s his name?”

 

Yoon Ju cocked her head to the side. “You don’t know him. His name is… Sehun.”

 

Lu Han’s eyes hardened. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could, he was suddenly pushed aside and his head snapped to the side.

 

“Who the hell are you?!” Siwon hissed at Lu Han.

 

Lu Han stood straight and glared at him, “I should be asking you that. You pushed me.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Yoon Ju yelled at Siwon.

 

“You .” Siwon responded. “Why are you always with so many guys?!”

 

“Who is he, Yoon Ju?” Lu Han asked her.

 

“No one.” She responded with wide, angry, eyes.

 

Siwon scoffed, “I’m her boyfriend.”
 

Lu Han blinked at Yoon Ju, “You have a boyfriend?! But you just-“

 

“Uh…” Yoon Ju cut him off, “My mother set us up. I don’t like him.” She glared at Siwon, “So I don’t count this as a relationship at all.”

 

Siwon gave her a hard look, “We are dating.”

 

Lu Han blinked, “Umm….”

 

Yoon Ju rolled her eyes, “Come on, Lu Han, let’s go.”

 

Siwon grabbed her arm, “You’re not going anywhere with him.”

 

Yoon Ju broke his grip on her, “Do not touch me or act like you’re in charge of me. Lu Han, let’s go.” She took his arm and pulled him away from Siwon.

 

Siwon took a step to follow her with narrowed eyes but before he could grab her again, Lu Han was pushed away from Yoon Ju once more.

 

“What the hell!” Lu Han stumbled but caught his step.

 

“What are you doing here?!” Sehun growled with eyes glued to Lu Han’s.

 

Lu Han’s eyes hardened, “Sehun.”

 

Sehun took a step forward, “Answer the question, hyung.”

 

“Wait…” Yoon Ju pulled Sehun away, “You know each other?!”

 

Sehun glanced and her then back at Lu Han.

 

“Don’t do it.” He said to Lu Han in a lowered voice.

 

Lu Han sighed, “Sehun-“

 

“No.” Sehun cut him off. His gaze softened, “Please.”

 

Lu Han didn’t respond and Sehun turned back to Yoon Ju. He took her hand and pulled her away from the two other guys. Siwon yelled out to them but Sehun ignored him.

 

Yoon Ju tried to let go of his hand but his grip was too strong, “Hey! Let me go!”

 

Sehun didn’t stop pulling her until they were around the corner.

 

“What the hell was that?” Yoon Ju glared at him as he finally let go of her hand.

 

She cradled it to her chest and sent him a look.

 

Sehun sighed in exasperation and ruffled his brown hair, “How do you know Lu Han?”

 

Yoon Ju blinked, “He’s my friend.”
 

How?!” Sehun pressed.

 

Yoon Ju was really confused, “We just met, ok? And we became friends. We’re a lot alike.”

 

Sehun shook his head, not responding.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Sehun? How do you know him?” Yoon Ju asked, wanting and needing answers.

 

Sehun didn’t answer again and she sighed in anger.

 

“Will you stop?! You’re so secretive and mysterious and just… STOP! Just for once tell me what’s going on!” Yoon Ju’s voice rose as her frustration seeped through.

 

Sehun gazed at her.

 

Yoon Ju shook her head, “Ok, fine. Be that way.”

 

She turned around to walk away but Sehun held onto her hand again. She turned around to face him and gave him an expecting look. Her gaze softened at his heartbroken look.

 

“I can’t tell you.” Sehun whispered and her lips pulled thin. “But, please, Yoon Ju, listen to me.”

 

Yoon Ju’s body tensed. This was sounding familiar to her.

 

Sehun stepped closer to her and his eyes were serious, “Stay away from Lu Han.”