Chapter 24

「if only it were real」

 

"Namjachinguga saenggimyeon hago sipdeon il neomuna manha, nan neul kkumeul kkueosseo, cheot beonjjae gilgeorieseo kiseuhae bogi~"
 
you continues to prepare for Infinite's comeback stage. Everyday, she would go to the practice rooms to sing to herself and improve. Whenever she sings the song, there is only one person in her mind - Nam Woohyun. It isn't only her, though. Woohyun thinks about her as he sings it, too.
 
After her hour of practice, she decides to head out for icecream. "Myungsoo Oppa!" she calls when she sees him in the hallway. "Ah, annyeong, you ah." He walks towards her, and smiles. "Practicing well?" She nods. "Neh, of course! I don't want the whole night to be ruined because of my singing~!" 
 
Myungsoo chuckles. "Ani, trust me. You'll do well... Maybe Sungjong or I will stuff up the dance, again..." you shakes her head. "Aniya, Oppa is daebak! You won't have to worry even if you make a mistake, because everyone will still love you, anyway!" Myungsoo smiles brighter. "Gomawo." 
 
They both stand there in silence, and then Woohyun calls out to Myungsoo. "Myungsoo! It's time to attend practice!" Myungsoo nods. "Arasseo, Hyung," he turns to you, "you ah, would you like to watch us?" you nods. "Neh! Can I really?" she asks, jumping up and down. She was quite excited to see Infinite work hard for a comeback.
 
As they enter the practice room, everyone becomes serious. They all believed they had to show their fans how hard they've worked all this time. The music starts playing, and they start dancing. Everything goes well, until Sungjong makes a mistake. "Yah, Lee Sungjong, haven't you been practicing at all?" 
 
Sungjong nods. "Hyung, I have..." Sunggyu looks very pissed, as if he was going to punch a hole through the wall. "Let's go again." This time, Myungsoo performs a mistake during the chorus. "Yah, Kim Myungsoo! This is the easiest part of the whole dance, isn't it?!" Sunggyu shouts, seriously. you feels weird. She has never actually seen Sunggyu like this before.
 
 
She watches Infinite practice hard for the next few hours . . . . .
 
At 9pm, Infinite finally finish their practice. "Aish! We didn't even have any dinner!" Sungjong pouts. "Go to bed directly," the manager says, "we'll be needing to keep fit for tomorrow night, okay?" They all nod, disappointed. "Goodnight, you ah..." Sunggyu says, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well."
 
you nods. "You too~" you's manager walks in. "you ah, let's go for a late dinner, okay? You must be hungry." you nods. "Okay, Oppa! Let's go!" she rushes out of the practice room with her manager, making their way to the Chicken House for a late dinner. "You'll need to keep healthy for tomorrow night, ok? We cannot fail Infinite's comeback stage."
you nods. "Of course I won't! I just need food and sleep! Then I'm all perfect to sing!" Her manager smiles. "Glad to hear that..."
 
 
 
The Next Morning...
 
"you ah, time to wake up..." you's eyes slowly open. "H...Hoya Oppa....?" The blurry figure nods. "Neh, it's me. They're calling you for breakfast." you smiles brighter, smelling the fresh scent of bacon and eggs. She rushes to Infinite's dorm, and sits down on the couch. "Ahhh~ it smells so good! ...Where's Myungsoo Oppa?"
 
Woohyun rolls his eyes whilst cooking. "He's in his room." you jumps up, and rushes to find Myungsoo. "Oppa," she whispers, blowing on his face. "Wake up..." Myungsoo does not respond. "Yah, Kim Myungsoo....." she says a little louder. "Kim Myungsoo!" she says, just a little softer than shouting. "Yah, that's it, you asked for this..." Just as she was about to blow air on his face, she slips at the same time as he lifts his head. Their lips press against eachother, and they remain still in shock.
The door swings open, making them slowly drift apart. "Kissing is not good in the morning... Breakfast is ready." Woohyun says, walking out again. 
 
'Yah, Kim you... What are you doing to make me feel this miserable? I love you, and miss you so much... How can you not understand that? What can I do to make you feel the same way again?' 
 
 
 
 
That Evening . . .
 
"For another amazing performance! Infinite is back for all the Inspirits! With another great dance and song... Naekkeo Haja!" IU announces through the microphone as Infinite make their way on stage. The music starts to play, and they sing and dance perfectly. While they perform, you is backstage, panicking. "Wh-What if I stuff up?!" Her manager tries to calm her down, by giving her some helpful advice.
 
Soon, it's her turn with Woohyun. Before heading on stage, Myungsoo asks her, "Is anything wrong?" you nods. "I-I'm feeling very nervous..." Myungsoo nods. "I know how you feel..." He suddenly hugs her. "Just think of me while you sing that song, okay? Like I've been thinking of you when I performed." you smiles. "Chincha? I'll think of you, too, then~!"
 
"Here they are - the aegyo couple! With Nam Woohyun, here's Kim you!" The crowd roars, and cheers loudly. Don't they know that the aegyo couple does not exist anymore? you and Woohyun walk up on stage confidently. 'Let's do this.'
 
"If I have a boy friend, there’ll be so many things I want to do~ I’ve dream I have a boy friend like that," you begins to sing sweetly. "First, kissing him in the street. Second, catching the early train for Chooncheon with him. Third, a picnic with him. Fourth, a piggy back ride, the fifth, a couple ring to base our love." The crowd screams her name, crazily. They love it.
Then Woohyun starts to sing his parts. "The thought of it makes my heart flutter. I'll try to do everything on a day with you. I'm happy we are both together. You are a true treasure to me."
 
Everyone goes crazy, since they sang it so well. Near the end, Woohyun starts to walk closer to her. He smiles at her, and takes her hand. He finishes the last line of the song. "I’m so happy to be with you. You are my only love..." To the audience, this was a cute love song, but to you and Woohyun, singing this song together really hurt. They both want this song to have a meaning to them, but it can't... They can't be together. Before you and Woohyun walk off stage, IU interrupts. "Wait, we hardly do this on this show, but I'd like to ask a question that we're all very excited to know about. Woohyun, what does you mean to you?" 
Woohyun takes the microphone off IU. you's heartbeat is racing fast... What will he say about her? "you is very close to me, and I love her, but the way I feel about her...is nothing compared to how I feel about my fans. I love you all~!" He throws love hearts at the crowd, as some scream, and some sigh.
 
you stares at him, sadly, then rushes off stage. 'Am I supposed to feel happy?' Myungsoo smiles at her, and hugs her. "You did very well, you... Did you think of me?" you smiles. "Of course I did, Oppa... You're the only one in my mind." Woohyun enters at the right time, when you tells Myungsoo. "Myungsoo Oppa, remember asking me to be your girlfriend? I'd really like to be the one..." she says softly. "Because I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else in the past." 
 
There's suddenly a lot of screaming and crying from the crowds... There was a camera that connected to the big screen in the whole arena... Everyone heard and saw what just happened, and many articles have been written about it. 
 
This situation is worse than the situation with Woohyun and you going out with each other. This really can affect Infinite and you's careers...