Chapter 20

「if only it were real」

Mianhae, readers... I cannot update as much as I usually do, so please don't expect a chapter everyday. Sorry for a short chapter, too... I'll catch up to you next time. I'll update as much as I can, ok? I just have to study more, since exams are coming soon... THANKYOU ~


“YAH! Where have you guys been?!” Sunggyu shouts to them as they finally make their way to the beach.
“Ah, Woohyun Oppa took ages to get ready…” you explains, walking towards the water.
Woohyun nods and follows her.
“NOONA,” Sungjong calls, “Let’s have fun today, arasseo?”
you smiles, and rushes into the water, with a squeal.
“…I-It’s so cold…”
To a little, Sungyeol splashes water at her.
you screams as loud as ever, and hides behind Woohyun.
“Y-Y-YAAH, LEE SUNGYEOL OPPA!”
Sungyeol laughs, and walks away with Myungsoo.
Woohyun takes hold of you’s hand, and pulls her into the water, until it reaches waist high.
“Oppa, it’s really cold…” she whispers softly.
Woohyun laughs and opens his arms widely. “Come here.”
you happily runs into his arms, and accepts the hug.
“Yah, yah, yah, yahhh!” Dongwoo says, pushing Woohyun lightly. “It’s our last day here, c’mon. Don’t just stand there!”
Woohyun and you laugh.
They let go of each other, and join the rest of their friends. Soon, the sun gets to strong, and they decide to just sit out.
“Aigoo, I think I’m getting tan…” Jaeri says, sitting next to you. She puts her arm beside you’s, comparing the colours.
“AAAAAAAAAAHHH! OH MY GOSH! I’VE TURNED TAN!” She stands up, shouting.
“Aish, just use BB Cream!” Hoya says, in an infuriated tone.
Jaeri pokes her tongue out, and sits back down. “What are we gonna do now?”
Everyone stays silent and sighs.
“…Should we get lunch?” Sungyeol suggests. “Maknae and I are hungry…”
Sungjong nods with aegyo. “Very hungry~~”
Sunggyu nods, and stands up. “Hoya, Dongwoo and I will buy lunch. You guys wait here.”
When the three leave, everyone remains silent.
“Sungjong Ah~” you calls, and Sungjong takes his seat on her lap.
“Yes, Noona~?” Woohyun lightly slaps Sungjong’s back, and laughs.
“Why are you so cute~?!” she asks hugging him tightly.  Sungjong laughs, and hugs her back.
Woohyun sighs, and lies back. “Aish, eotokke?!”
“Aigoo, Hyung! What’s wrong with you? Noona only thinks of me as a teddy bear!” Sungjong says seriously, making everyone look at him.
“Sungjong Ah…”
Sungjong realised what he just said, and runs off.
“Teddy Bear?” Jaeri asks, as you dashes off.


“Sungjong Ah! Sungjong Ah!” you calls out, running to chase him.
She was finding it difficult to run in sandals, so she took it off, and just ran barefoot, with her shoes in her hand.

“Sungjong Ah, please wait!” she calls out one last time, before running out of breath. “..S-Sungjong…”
She loses track of him, and decides to rest for a while.
‘Teddy Bear? Does that mean that he thinks I’m only using him as a toy? Ah, chincha! He’s much more than that to me!’
you gains determination, and decides to continue running.
She can’t find him at all, so she decides to head back.
He’s nowhere to be found.
“Hasn’t he come back yet?” you asks.
Sungyeol and Jaeri shake their heads. “Ani…”
“Aish!” Woohyun stands up. “you ah, forget it… I’ll find him instead.”
you shakes her head, and runs off, in search of Sungjong.

Soon, it becomes 11am to 2pm, and still no sign of Sungjong.
“Not even answering the phone….. Ah! He must be at that park!”
you runs off to the park that she saw the other day, and SUCCESS! She found Sungjong sitting on the bench!
“Sungjong Ah!” you sits beside him, and hugs him. “I found you…”
Sungjong looks away, not wanting you to see his teary face. “Mianhae, Noona… I-I just felt really wrong… I didn’t want you to get upset.”
you smiles, and kisses his cheek. “You’re not just my teddy bear… You’re my friend – one of my closest ones.”
Sungjong smiles, and hugs her tightly. “Kamsahamnida, Noona!” he lets a few tears fall, but holds in the rest. “Kamsa…”
you smiles, and walks him back to where the others were waiting.
Arriving at the place again, Sungyeol stands up. “Yah, you evil Maknae! Aish, making everyone wait!”
Sungjong bows, and apologises. “Mianhaeyo, Mianhae…”
you pulls him to sit next to her.

After eating, everyone goes to do their own thing.
Jaeri is going to get her skin back to normal shade; Dongwoo and Hoya are cycling around; Sunggyu is resting and ready under the shade; and Myungsoo, Sungjong, you and Woohyun are walking around the Town Square together.
“Ah, hardly anyone knows us here…” Myungsoo says, looking around for fangirls.
Sungjong brightens up after seeing the ice cream store. “Kyaah!”
you giggles, before getting dragged off by Sungjong. “Noona! Let’s buy ice cream~”
Myungsoo rolls his eyes, smiling, then follows behind.
Woohyun does the same, but this time, hugs you from behind.
“Yeobo, what icecream flavour do you want?” he asks, smiling.
“I don’t know, you ask the children first,” you answers childishly.
“Rainbow~”, Sungjong answers.
“Chocolate Mint.” Myungsoo says, smiling.
“Cookies and Cream, then…” Woohyun says happily.
“And chocolate for me~”

While eating the icecream, they all continue walking down the Town Square.
“…AH! Myungsoo! Quick, take you somewhere else! My aunt is here, and just saw me!”
Myungsoo immediately grabs you’s hand, and runs off, almost making her icecream fall.
“Ah, eotokke? My cute little nephew is here, too~” Woohyun’s Aunt coos, and pinches his cheeks.
“…A-Annyeong…” he greets, nervously.
“So, what are you doing here?” she asks Woohyun. “Shouldn’t you be working on your career?”
Woohyun nods. “It’s our holiday, but we’re leaving this place tomorrow morning.”
His Aunt nods. “Arasseo, but no girls, ok?!”
Woohyun nods, and watches his Aunt walk away.
“Aish, she treats me like a dog…”
Sungjong nods, his icecream. “Now where are the other two?”

 

;Meanwhile;
“Aigoo,” you whispers, putting her hands over her ears.
“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo asks, taking a seat across her.
“…Woohyun’s Aunt… If she finds out, she will kill me…again.”
Myungsoo sighs. “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure Woohyun Hyung will protect you in some way. You know that he’s always there to protect you, right?”
you nods and smiles. “That’s right… But he’ll obviously get hurt, too. You know I don’t want that to happen…”
“Then I’ll protect you instead.” Myungsoo answers, and smiles.
“…Oppa…”
Myungsoo catches her staring at him. He decides to , and gives her one of his famous charms.

After doing this, you blushes, then lightly slaps him. "Aigoo, That's so cute, Oppa~"


‘I’ll protect you forever, you. Saranghae!’

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED...