Chapter 23

「if only it were real」

After such a long and tiring day of school, you, Myungsoo and Woohyun go home immediately. After unlocking the door, they all drop their bags in the first floor. you’s manager sees their strange actions, and calls after them. “Yah, Myungsoo! Woohyun! you!” The three continue walking up the stairs, completely ignoring the poor manager.

Finally making it to their own dorms, they jump into their beds. “Hyungs! How was your last day at that school?” Woohyun and Myungsoo just ignore Sungjong, and force their eyes shut straight away. Sungjong pokes his tongue out at them. “Fine then…” he turns around, and heads to the kitchen to cook Nong Shim noodles. “Yah, Lee Sungjong. Stop cooking ramyun… You’ll get fat again.” Sungjong prepares his dish, ignoring his manager. ‘I’ll make Noona something to eat… Just to see her smile again.’

* * *

After a few hours, you wakes up to the door creaking open. “Noona?” you sits up. “Sungjong Ah… Are you okay?” she lifts her hand to her forehead. It was not the right temperature… She has a fever. After hearing you cough several times, Sungjong walks to her, and sits on her bed. “Noona, are you okay?” he gently puts his backhand on her forehead. “Aish! Noona, you have a fever!” he rushes to the bathroom to pick out a face towel, and wets it with water. He places it on you’s forehead.

“Sungjong Ah, I’ll be alright,” you says quietly sitting up again. “Besides, I’ve got to attend dance practice tonight. Why don’t you just play with your Dongwoo Hyung, hm?” Sungjong sighs and looks away. “Noona, why do you always look at me like I’m just a kid? I’m much more than that, you know… Why can’t you treat me the way you treat my Hyungs?” you looks at Sungjong, and hugs him. “Sungjong, I’m so sorry… I didn’t know that you felt that way…” Sungjong shrugs. “It’s okay, Noona, I understand. I am younger than you after all. I don’t expect you to care about me.”

you stares at Sungjong shocked. “Sungjong!” Sungjong runs out of the room before anything else happened. He continues running as you calls after him. “Yah, Lee Sungjong!” Sungjong runs into Infinite’s dorm, and slams the door behind him. “Yah, what’s going on?” Sunggyu asks, looking up from the book he was reading. Sungjong runs into his room, after hearing a knock on the door. “Yah, open the door, Sungjong Ah!” Sungyeol opens the door, recognising her voice. “you ah?”  She smiles at Sungyeol, then rushes into Woohyun and Sunggyu’s room, where Sungjong just ran in. Woohyun was also sleeping in there.

Sungjong looks at her with his sad, puppy eyes. “Sungjong Ah… how could you think like that? Of course I care about you… I love you.” Woohyun’s eyes slowly open, after being interrupted by all the noise. When he opens his eyes, he sees you peck Sungjong on the lips. “I love you, Sungjong.” Woohyun sits up, startling Sungjong and you. “Yah, what’s going on here? Why did you just kiss him?” you stares back at Woohyun blankly. “Oppa, I-I… Please don’t misunderstand, it’s not what you think…” Woohyun rolls his eyes. “Whatever…” Woohyun gets up from his bed. “Sungjong, don’t you have some practising to do?” Sungjong nods.

“Ah, n-neh.” Sungjong bows to you, then leaves the bedroom to head to the practice rooms. “you ah,” Woohyun says, catching her attention. “Just because we’re not dating anymore, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you. Just…don’t kiss him ever again.” Woohyun walks out, but you hugs him from behind. “…Oppa, I love you too… But I also love Sungjong Ah… I can’t promise to not kiss him ever again, but I can promise to keep on loving you.”

Woohyun gently pushes away her arms. “you, d-don’t… We can’t, you know that. Remember my Aunt?” Woohyun leaves her crying silently. ‘I still can’t let this go… I can’t believe that we’re not together anymore…’ Suddenly, Sunggyu’s voice calls to her. “Kim you! Your manager is calling for you!” you wipes away her tears, and walks out of Infinite’s dorm. She heads to her manager’s office. She lightly knocks on the door. “Come in.”

Her manager, Lee Joonki, sits on his chair, writing down on a piece of paper. It looked like he was filling in a form. “you… Are you feeling better now?” you nods and smiles. “Neh, thank you for giving me the soup, Oppa.” you’s manager was like her father, who cared so much about her. He would always understand her if she cried, or if she was sick. you took a seat in front of his desk. “I’m glad you liked it… Anyway, Baby Soul* isn’t able to make it back here in time to perform with Infinite on their comeback stage… Their manager has asked me to ask you to fill in for her. Is that okay with you?”

(* Baby Soul is a female solo singer in the same company as INFINITE, even in real life.)

you nods, understanding. “So Unnie can’t make it…  What do I have to do?” Her manager smiles. “Just sing a duet with Woohyun.” you’s eyes widen. “D-Duet?! With Woohyun?! What kind of song? Ballad?” Her manager chuckles. “It’s a sweet love song.” you coughs. “R-Really? Well, I’ll only agree to do it for Unnie, okay? It’s not like I want to…” Her manager nods, laughing. “Okay, okay… I’ll tell that to them, okay? Just keep on fighting.” you smiles. “Oppa, where can I listen to the song? I want to try…”

Her manager passes her a copy of lyrics. “Heo Gayoon and Yang Yoseob sang a version… You can have a look at it. You sing whatever Gayoon sings, okay?” you nods, looking at the lyrics on her way out of her manager’s office. “Okay, thanks…” She reads over the lyrics.
The thought of it makes my heart flutter. I’ll try to do every one a day with you. I’m so happy to be with you. I’m so happy we both are together. You’re a real treasure to me, baby baby baby baby baby boo~”

“I’m singing this with Nam Woohyun?” she smiles, but then mentally slaps herself. “Ani, do not think like that... You cannot continue developing your feelings for him...” Woohyun listens to everything she says from the stairs, and smiles. A tear also runs down his face. “I’m sorry, you...”

 

 

Here's the link for Yoseob & Gayoon's version of the Love Song ^ ^ I'm not sure who originally sang it, though... anyways, i think it's a cute song. please listen to it~ i'll update soon as i can , ok? please comment!

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK !