Break Up

The Love Contract (Part 2)

Yoona glumly walked towards her dorm, not caring that the rain was splashing on her skin. It was raining pretty hard, but Yoona didn't care. She almost gagged when her manager told Yoona about her role. She clearly wanted to not accept the rule, but because of the contract already sighed, it was too late.

She had three mixture of feelings right now: Anger, depression, and jealous. Anger because she didn't want to be with Minho plus Donghae didn't do anything about it. Depression because she was upset that she would have to get to know Minho a bit more instead of Donghae. Well, she technically knew everything about Donghae, but she wanted to learn more from him. Last but not least, she felt jealous since Sunye had won her role and was going to spend more time with her Fishy.

Yoona sighed once more until she heard a random car honking at her. She jumped and swiftly turned around, glaring at the car. She glared at the car even more when she recognized who was in the car. Donghae.

"Ya, Im Yoona," Donghae said, rolling down his window. Yoona turned back and walked away from Donghae, ignoring him. Donghae knew that Yoona was upset and wanted to make it up for her, but as far as he could see, nothing would change her mind. He bit his lips, unsure of what to do and say.

"Mianhae, Yoona-ah. I couldn't do anything--"

"You couldn't do anything?" Yoona asked, turning around. She glared at Donghae, who jumped a bit. "You couldn't do anything? You could've done tons of things!"

"Like what?" Donghae questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"You could've protested, you could've refused the role, you could've ripped the contract-- Donghae, there were so many options for you to do, but you just didn't do it!" Yoona exclaimed.

"Hey, you know how my manager is--"

"I don't care how strict your manager is!" Yoona shouted, fed up with Donghae's protest about his manager, "I'm sick of you blaming everything on your manager! Are you a man? Because if you are, you would've protested because of your love for me! Does money come first than our love?"

"Are you saying that I don't care for you?" Donghae asked, scoffing. He couldn't believe what Yoona was saying right now. What happened to my pure and innocent Deer? Donghae wondered.

"I don't know, Donghae! It just seems like you don't care about me," Yoona mumbled, tears falling down her cheeks. Luckily, it was raining, so Donghae couldn't see her tears. An awkward silence filled the air, as Donghae came out from his car. He clenched his fist tightly, hiding his anger.

"So what are you exactly saying, Yoona?" Donghae asked once more. He hugged behind Yoona and heard a silent sigh. He hugged her even more, trying to warm her heart.

"Maybe we're not destined to be with each other," Yoona mumbled, as Donghae widened his eyes. His eyes soon softened when he dug his face in Yoona's shoulder.

"No, Yoona... we're destined for each other. Our faith crosses, we were meant to be together in the beginning," Donghae mumbled in a soft, gently voice. Yoona shook her head.

"Ani... you belong with Sunye, and I belong with Minho," Yoona said sternly, "That's how it was meant to be. That's what faith has decided for us."

"Yoona, you talk nonsense. Look, how about we go get your favorite ice cream and talk about this? Maybe we can get out of this--"

"We can't get out of this, Donghae!" Yoona shouted, pushing Donghae away from her. Donghae widened her eyes. What's going on with her? Donghae wondered. Yoona gritted her teeth, as she flipped her hair.

"We can't get out of this! Look, faith has separated us. Our destiny is different. You stay with Sunye, and I'll be with Minho. Then, there will be piece between the four of us! I'll be friends with Sunye, even though she's annoying! I'll be married to Minho, even though I don't want to! Anything for us to be separated, I'll do it! Here, you can have the stupid wedding ring," Yoona snapped, reaching into her purse. Out came a shiny, silver wedding ring. Donghae widened his eyes, as Yoona threw it on the ground.

"You had that ring all along," Donghae whispered, getting angry at Yoona for keeping a secret from him, "I thought you actually lost it! You lied to me!"

"Just for you to keep your 'job', which was much more important than our relationship," Yoona barked, running away. Donghae watched Yoona running until she disappeared. He slowly bent down to reach the ring, but then it slipped from his hand. Instead, the ring rolled down the hill, into the streets, and into the water drain. Donghae bit his lips, as he silently cried to himself. He walked towards the drain where the ring fell, as he took out his own ring. Maybe we really aren't meant to be together, Donghae thought, as he dropped his ring into the drain. He slowly walked back, as he tried to erase Yoona from his memory.