Thirtieth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

 - RE-UPLOADING THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS BACK -                 

 

                “Minki! Open the door! It’s me!” I knocked Minki’s door a few times.

 

                A few seconds later, the door was opened and Minki appeared, looking dreadful. He didn’t speak anything and let me in.

 

                I grabbed his shoulder. “Minki, I need to explain something.”

 

                He just stared at me blankly. No reaction.

 

                “I’m sorry. I know I’m the worst friend ever! You can curse me, or ignore me or do whatever you want after this, I don’t care! But please listen to what I’m gonna say and please forgive me.”

 

                He was still staring at me blankly so I continued.

 

                “It wasn’t your fault that she left you. It was me. It was my fault. I’m sorry. It was the day when you gone back to Busan and we both met and I accidently blurted out things that I didn’t mean to her. I told her that you always thought that she never understands you and you never really loved her and she annoyed you and—“

 

                “Get out.” Suddenly Minki spoke, coldly.

 

                I looked at him. Eyes widened. “What?”

 

                “I said get out.”

 

                “But Minki I—“

 

                “Damn it! Are you deaf?! I said get out!” I could see he clenched his teeth. Holding his anger.

 

                “But I haven’t finish—“

 

                “I don’t care! Just get out!” he yelled at me.

 

                “Minki, I’m sorry—“

 

                “Just go okay? I don’t wanna hear anything from you. Go!”

 

                He swung the door opened and pushed me out. I almost trip, but I managed to restrain myself.

 

                “Minki—“

 

                “My dad just died and my girlfriend just left me, and the last thing I want right now is my best friend admitted that it was her fault. So just get the hell out of here before I change my mind!”

 

                Minki slammed the door on my face real hard. I stood there, numb. I didn’t know what to say. I wasn’t expecting this kind of reaction that I’ll get. Suddenly tears rolling down my cheeks. I quickly wiped it away, and left the place. I need Jongdae. I need him now. Badly.

 

***************

 

                Jongdae closed his book as Prof. Sung exited the hall. Then he put all of his stuffs into his back pack, zipped it up and slipped in on his shoulder. He waved goodbye to his friends and walked out of the hall. He felt better right now. Although he could not completely focus during the lecture just now but still, he felt more relaxed. The anger about what happened this morning seems to be gone. Suddenly his phone rang. It was a text. From her.

 

~Where are you? Has the class end?~

 

                Jongdae sighed. Then he replied.

 

~Still in campus. Yup. Class just ended. What about you?~

 

                He continued to walked, heading towards the cafeteria to get his lunch. Alone. A few seconds later his phone rang again.

 

~I’m at the café. Have you taken your lunch? If not, let’s eat here.~

 

                Jongdae stopped and stared at his cellphone. Maybe now is the good time to do it. Forget about all the crappy plans last night. Just go straight to the point.

~I’m on my way.~

 

                He replied.