Chapter 23

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'M SORRY LOVELIES! Its been weeks. i know. i'm sorry. i had my winter break and then i was so busy this week at school. and still am as a matter of fact but i knew i had to update soon. i would feel horrible if i didn't.

oh and please excuse this chapter. it was very rushed and i didn't edit it at all. and just. yeah. but i hope you like it? please?

comment! i love comments as i have said before :P it would be most apperciated.

and SUBSCRIBE. i lost a few subscribers last chapter :3 but happens. oh wells. anyways. 

i love you guys. i swear i do. 

but i've been busy. so like i said forgive. you guys are the best i swear.

anways. comment :P

and isn't chen adorable? I'm going through a chen phase again. i love love love love love him. i wish he wasn't the "bad" guy in this story. he's too cute. <3 anyways. love you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunshine fell across Kris’s bed around nine the next morning, waking me up. I blinked several times, blocking the sun from my eyes, before stretching. It wasn’t very early but Kris remained asleep.

Not wanting to wake him up I slowly crawled out of bed, going to his draw, throwing one of his long dress shirts over my bare skin. I glanced at the sprawled out body of Kris, his skin bright in the sunlight.

I instantly remembered the night before and felt myself smiling, as I glanced around at our discarded clothes on the floor.

I smacked my lips before opening the door out into the living room. I was greeted by Kodi, who had apparently slept outside the bedroom door. I kneeled down and pet him before going into the kitchen, filling a cup of water.

I sipped on it slowly, opening the fridge when I though I heard the front door open. I furrowed my eyebrows, going to look. My gaze was met with body in a suit, a flipped up hairstyle and sneakers. I stared for a moment until he moved so I could see his side profile. That face was a little too familiar.

I felt the glass slip from my hand and shatter on the floor as I realized who it was. I hid back around the corner, my breathing becoming ragged.

Holy , holy , holy . Chen is out there. He knows someone is in the kitchen. .

“Kris?” I heard him ask, as he opened the closet, most likely hanging up his jacket. My nerves were going out of control as I waited for him to find me here.

I held my breath and closed my eyes as I listened to his footsteps, which were getting closer and closer every second.

“Sun Hi?”

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up in the direction of his voice.

“Oh hey Chen,” I said, forcing a smile on my face, probably only looking sick to my stomach in the process.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, about to step in front of me before seeing the glass broken and thinking twice about it.

I bit my lip, glancing down at what I was wearing, before looking back up at him, trying to tell him without words.

“O-oh. I see,” he mumbled, instantly realizing what had happened, “Where’s Kris?”

“Asleep,” I murmured, looking down at the glass, wondering to myself how the cup breaking hadn’t woken him up.

“I see,” he said, glancing into the living room as if to make sure he really wasn’t awake.

“I should probably go,” I said, carefully standing up, about to walk past Chen. He stopped me with his arm, turning to look at me. His face was only a few inches from mine and I could feel his eyes, flickering from my eyes and my lips.

“Don’t go,” he said quietly, I could feel his warm breath on my skin and his familiar smell was becoming overwhelming.

I leaned away from him, pulling away from his grasp.

“I really think it would be best if I left,” I said more forcefully, turning away from him, walking down the hall to Kris’s room. I heard Chen sigh in frustration before I felt his hand on my arm once again, stopping me in my tracks.

“Sun Hi.”

“What?” I snapped, wheeling around in his face, pulling my arm once again from his grasp.

“Can I at least talk to you,” he said pitifully, his eyes were sad looking, like a puppy. I felt myself break under his gaze.

“What do you want to talk about?” I sighed, moving to the couch sitting down as far from him as I could, pulling my knees to my chin, watching him intently as he sat down.

He looked at his hands before sighing and then answering, “Us.”

“I thought there wasn’t an ‘us’ anymore,” I said, my voice becoming bitter.

“Maybe we should go somewhere and talk,” he mumbled, ignoring my comment as he glanced up at Kris’s bedroom door, “I don’t want him waking up with me here.”

“Why not?” I sneered, “Afraid of what he’ll say to you.”

“That and I need to talk to you. Explain things to you.” His voice was gentle as he met my eyes again, pleading with his own, trying to get me to understand.

I bit my lip, my eyes traveling to the couch cushion in front of me, admiring the patterns. I took a deep breath before looking up at him.

“Fine. Just let me get dressed,” I said, getting up, turning to go to Kris’s room.

“Thank you Sun Hi,” he said making me stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter