Chapter 6

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Guess what guys! I'm updated again this week! i was writing so much i decided that why not update again! its also cuz i vowed i would since all day has been dragging by since my wisdom teeth were pulled this morning! BUT anways! I hope you enjoy this chapter i worked hard on it ~ and please if you haven't already subscribe! and i love your comments so feel free to comment as much as you want! XD love you guys!! 

btw this isn't edited. lol. sorry for mistakes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Luhan, there is no logic in the idea of going to the zoo in the snow in cold,” I said, trying to reason through the phone with the silly boy.

“Sun Hi. You have to come. It will be so fun!”

I took a sip of my hot chocolate and glanced out the window, to see white flurries coming down.

“Luhan. Look outside. Do you see all that snow? We get in a car wreck and die before we even get there!”

“Not if we drive safely!” I could almost see his pouting face staring at me with pleading eyes. I shook my head trying to make the image fade.

“Luhan, why can’t we do something else? I’m sure there are lots of things we coul—”

“I don’t want to do something else! I want to go see the penguins!” He interrupted.

“Luhan you can see the penguins in the summer or some other ti—”

“No! I want to see the penguins—now!” he whined stubbornly.

I didn’t answer; I just frowned and concentrated on the patterns on the table in front of me, running them over with my finger. I wasn’t planning on even doing anything today.

“For my birthday?” I heard him ask as cutely as possible.

“Your birthday isn’t until April you pabo!” I cried, cursing Luhan’s cuteness mentally.

“I know—but it could be an early birthday present! I won’t ask you for anything on my actual birthday!”

I rolled my eyes, debating on whether or not I should give into his madness.

“You promise you won’t ask for anything?”

“Yes! Please come to the zoo with me! Please, please, please!”

“Fine,” I sighed, grinning slightly, scooping up a spoon of cereal, “Do you want me to meet you there?”

“No its okay, Kris can just pick you up after he gets me and Lay.”

I chocked on the cereal in my mouth, “Wait Kris is g—”

“I’ll see you in ten minutes okay? Bye!”

He hung up the phone before I could answer. I frowned angrily, and dialed his number again. It rang for a second before going straight to voicemail.

Luhan really?

I groaned in frustration before putting my phone down.

I don’t want to see Kris after what he said last night.

That boy is going to pay; I thought as I stood up and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Ten minutes later I was standing on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building, slightly shivering. It was getting dark outside as clouds started to roll in. I hoped with all my heart that there wouldn’t be a thunder storm tonight; I didn’t want to be stuck in a cold apartment with no power.

I hopped up and down, blowing warm air on my hands as a car’s headlights shone through the snow falling rapidly.

I watched the dark car pull into the parking lot and stop in front of me. I watched it for a moment before it honked and I realized it was my ride.

I shuffled towards it and opened one the back door to reveal Lay who was sleeping soundly in his winter jacket.

I glared at his sleeping form, closed the door and then opened the door in the front. Seeing it was empty I quickly got in. I pulled the seatbelt on and quickly glanced over at the driver, Kris, to see him patiently waiting for me to finish before glancing away again.

He started the car and we pulled on to the main highway.

“Sun Hi!! We’re going to the zoo!” Luhan yelled suddenly, breaking the silence. I cringed at the loudness of his voice in the small car.

“Luhan what if the zoo isn’t even open?” I demanded suddenly, turning around to look at him.

His small, gleeful face turned into a shocked, frowning face.

“I—Sun Hi! Why didn’t you say something about that on the phone!!?”

“I didn’t think of it until just now,” I smiled smugly, turning to face the windshield again.

“Yah,” he said tapping my shoulder, causing me to glance back at him “Don’t lie to me! You thought of this beforehand and you didn’t tell me!”

“Then maybe you should have answered the phone the second time I called you,” I said evilly, raising my eyebrows at him.

“YAH! That’s just mea—”

“Will you guys just be quiet? You’re giving me a headache,” Luhan and I both looked at Kris, who had just interrupted Luhan.

“I’m not in the mood,” he mumbled in annoyance.

“Sorry,” I said, quickly bowing my head and looking out the window, avoiding his face. For some reason there was a guilty feeling buried in my chest and it wouldn’t go away. I shouldn’t feel bad about yesterday should I? I furrowed my eyebrows, hoping I hadn’t caused his headache. You pabo, I thought angrily. You didn’t do anything wrong, stop feeling sorry for him!

“It’s fine…,” his words startled me and I glanced at him, shocked before looking away quickly, “Its just—I didn’t sleep very well last night, that’s all.”

The heaviness in my chest increased as he spoke, before I mentally smacked myself. You stupid girl, you didn’t do anything, I scolded, while trying not to look at Kris. He always looked so pathetic when he was feeling sad. I forced myself to continue looking outside.

“Where will we go since the zoo isn’t going to be open then?” I heard Luhan ask Lay as he tried to shake him awake.

“Why don’t we go to the Aquarium?” Kris suggested from the front.

Through the rearview mirror I could see Luhan debating with himself.

“It really makes the most sense,” I said, joining the conversation as I turned to look at Luhan, “It’s the closest you’re going to get to see any animals today.”

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kris glance at me, probably shocked I would ever agree with him, but I continued to ignore him.

“Yeah! The aquarium would be fun Luhan!” Lay exclaimed, finally deciding to wake up and join the conversation.

Luhan looked at Lay’s and my eager faces before sighing and giving in, “Fine, let’s go to the aquarium.”

Lay reached over and gave me a high-five in front of Luhan’s pouting face. We just chuckled and continued to on our way.

We arrived at the aquarium around twenty minutes later and by that time Lay had gotten Luhan so excited that they both jumped out of the car as soon as we were parked.

We headed inside, paid for our tickets and then entered the wonderful world of sea life.

We were one of the few groups of people there, there were a few small families but it was a mostly quiet building until of course Luhan came running in.

“Oh my god!” Luhan cried as he ran up to a huge tank holding a ginormous octopus, “Lay come look at this thing! It’s huge!”

Kris and I were walking a bit farther behind, not as eager to look around as the other two, and we both found ourselves laughing at Luhan.

We caught up to the two of them to find them diligently following the tentacles of the octopus around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter