Chapter 12

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yes. I am finally updated after over two weeks. Yes you are probably mad. AND I'M SO SORRY. i've been busy and last week i was going to update on monday--i was almost done with the chapter--but i never quite finished it--so i'm sorry sorry sorry. please forgive meeeeeeee. anyways i hope you guys like this some-what exciting chapter. lol. XD just wanna say i love you guys--and please comment and subscribe if you haven't already--but again only if you want to <3 

anyways love you <3

hope you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Surprise Sun Hi!” Luhan yelled as I opened my door. It was a Saturday evening, my surgery had just been done on Thursday and I was able to walk around with the help of crutches but I had to be careful.

“Luhan!” I cried happily as he reached down to give me a hug, “What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you since we went bowling!”

He gave me a shaky laugh, avoiding my eyes for a moment, “I know—I feel bad I should have come earlier to apologize—”

“Luhan its fine.”

He gave me doubtful look, “Sun Hi—I dropped a bowling ball on your foot—how are you not mad?”

“I was mad—I was furious. But I thought about it and I realized that being mad at you—it wouldn’t accomplish anything. Anyways happens.”

He looked down shamefully; still not convinced I forgave him.

“Luhan,” I said taking his hand, trying to give him a warm smile, “Its fine.”

He looked a bit more cheerful.

“Anyways why are you here?”

His downfallen expression immediately turned into a bright grin, “I’m taking you somewhere!”

I gave him a suspicious look before replying, “…where?”

“A carnival!” he exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly.

“It’s cold outside though…,” I said instantly rubbing my arms.

“Bundle up! I planned it especially for today since its finally dry outside—and plus it’s going to snow tonight! So if we don’t go today we can’t go! Plus it’s the only day we could all go!”

“All?”

“You, me, Kris, Lay, Yue and Kai. We’ve all been planning it.”

My eyes suddenly dropped to my hands as he mentioned Kris. I hadn’t talked to him since the day he took me home.

“Oh really?” I said distractedly, looking back at his face.

“Yes! So go grab your jacket and whatever else you need to be warm!” he said ushering me back inside my apartment.

I headed back inside, finding my jacket, gloves, and hate before pulling on my warm fuzzy boots. I headed back out to find Luhan waiting patiently.

I shut my door and locked it before we slowly made our way down the hall and out to his car.

We drove about a half an hour before he pulled into a parking lot.

He got me situated in the wheelchair he had brought so I wouldn’t have to walk around the whole time and have the potential in hurting myself. We headed off to the gateway.

He gave the lady at the ticket booth some money before she stamped our hands and we made our way inside.

I shivered as I put my gloves back on and as we went to meet the others. We wheeled through the park looking for them before finally seeing them all standing in front of a hot chocolate stand. They were all chattering quietly.

“Guys!” Luhan called waving at them. Kai noticed us first before pointing us out to the others.

We made our way towards them.

“Sun Hi!” Yue said cheerfully leaning down and hugging me, “How are you feeling? Is the recovering going well?”

I nodded grinning at her before looking around at all of their expectant faces.

“Well,” I said, “What are we going to do today?”

Lay leaned down looking at me, “Whatever you want Sun Hi. Today is all about you.”

“But I don’t know what I want to do…,” I pouted rolling backwards away from Lay so I wasn’t so close.

“We could go look at all the shops and buy cool stuff!” Yue said happily, clapping her hands together in excitement.

“Or we could go on a ride—,” Kai suggested, wrapping his arms around Yue and putting his hands in her pockets.

She leaned backwards into his arms and I was forced to look away. I didn’t think I could stand looking at their happy relationship while my boyfriend was in Europe.

Instead I found my eyes drifted over to the silent Kris standing slightly behind Lay. I immediately moved my gaze to the ground.

“What do you want to do Sun Hi?” Luhan whined.

“We can go looking at shops I guess,” I mumbled.

“Okay!” Luhan said energetically, as we headed farther into the carnival. All the rides were at the front of the carnival and all the shops were in the back so we had to walk for a good amount of time.

Before we headed along the long walk we stopped at an ice-cream stand and bought ourselves cones. Afterwards we started weaving our way along the long walk. We passed all sorts of rides before Luhan finally started whining.

“My arms are so tired,” he groaned wearily pushing me along.

“Well then switch with someone,” I said distractedly eating my ice-cream cone. I felt the wheelchair stop before it started moving again with much more powerful force.

“Thanks Kris,” I heard Luhan say as he skipped towards Lay. My tongue froze on the ice-cream. Kris?

I hesitantly turned my head to see Kris behind me. I quickly faced forward again, why is it Kris? WHY?

My attention focused on Lay and Luhan who both kept glancing back us before turning around, putting their heads together and whispering.

“Luhan and Lay seem to be enjoying themselves,” Kris commented as we moved along slowly.

I nodded, not really sure if he could see me, but at the same time not really caring. I glanced around at the rides and contests we were going by as we got closer to the shops.

“You could say something at least, instead of making it awkward.”

“I would but you know I really have nothing to say to you,” I said coldly, feeling a bit harsh.

“Is being nice that hard?”

“No but do you really think you deser—” I stopped talking as flashing lights came into my view. There was a yellow stand to our left, playing extremely loud music while an announcer was calling out names.

Kris stopped the wheelchair near it, probably wanting to see what it was all about.

Inside there was what looked like some sort of a couple who were standing there awkwardly in front of each other. The announcer was yelling something into the microphone before the boy slowly leaned forward and pecked the girl on the lips. The couple exited the room before the man drew out a piece of paper from a jar. He read off the names before we watched an embarrassed woman and her obvious boyfriend stagger over.

I felt my mouth drop as Kris started laughing. He started pushing us along again, past the weird kissing booth since we had almost lost sight of the others.

“That was horrible!” I exclaimed, still horrified. Having to kiss someone in front of everyone would be so humiliating…

“What are you talking about? That was hilarious!”

I turned in the seat to look at him, “It wouldn’t be hilarious if you had to do it!”

“It would still be funny if it was at least someone I liked. If it was some random girl then not really,” he reasoned, “It wouldn’t be that bad if it was Chen would it?”

“I guess not…,” I mumbled, sinking it my seat, still completely horrified for all those poor people.

“You really think it’s that bad?”

“I wouldn’t want to kiss someone in front of all these people…”

“Oh come think about it, forced kisses are th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter