Chapter 7

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'm updating this right at midnight! i feel awful cuz i barely missed doing it on friday. i swore i would update friday. but i didn't. i failed. i'll try harder next time! sorry the chapter is so short! <3 love you guys! please subscribe! this is not edited at all. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weekend couldn’t have ended any slower.

I pulled into work Monday morning to find that Kris hadn’t arrived. I opened the store as usual and thought that maybe he was getting a late start and he would be here any minute.

I chatted with Sehun for a good portion of the morning and just thought that Kris would have had to have arrived already.

When I went into the office around noon to find no one there, and no sign of anyone ever being there I panicked.

Was he mad at me from what happened on Saturday?

My eyes darted around the room in worry, hoping that maybe he had left a sick note or—or something.

Was he really that mad at me? I’m not even sure what I did wrong but what if he’s not here because of me? What if he’s doing something stupid?

Chen’s last request flashed across my mind.

It would mean a lot to me if you would check up on him every once in a while.

I stopped my search and sat down.

Should I just call him? To see if he’s okay?

I pulled out my phone and found his contact; my finger was hovering over the send button.

Do it for Chen. You’re not actually worried about Kris. You just want to carry out the one thing Chen asked you to do—to the greatest extent you can.

I swallowed my pride and pressed send.

The phone rang for several seconds before going to voicemail. I cursed and tried again only to be disappointed once more.

I called him five times, he didn’t answer once.

I slammed the phone down in frustration. What was I supposed to do? Leave work to go find him? I ran my fingers through my hair.

Chen what am I supposed to do? If I leave work I could be searching all day for that worthless scumba—

No, I thought, Kris isn’t a scumbag. You’re just angry that he isn’t at work and that you have to go find his stupid .

Coming to my final decision I shoved my phone in my pocket, and threw my jacket back on. I made my way to the front of the store to find Sehun.

“Sehun,” I said coming up behind his bent over form, “I’m going out today. You’re in charge of the store. I’ll try to be back as soon as I can. But if I don’t come back, don’t worry, I’ll be here tomorrow.”

He glanced up at me with a surprised face, “But I can’t run the store—what if I me—”

“You won’t mess up,” I interrupted, “You’ll be fine. Anyways Krystal will be coming in on her later shift to help like always. You’ll do a fantastic job.”

I smiled at him, patting his shoulder once before rushing out the door.

I pulled into Kris’s apartment’s parking lot five minutes later. I jumped out of the car quickly and locked it behind me.

“I don’t like the idea of him being home alone—he’ll break down.”

I walked as fast as I could to the building.

I stepped inside the warm building and headed to the stairs, deciding the quicker option was need in this case.

I rushed up the stairs fast; out of breath by the time I reached his floor. I ran down the hall, yanking off the jacket I was wearing before clutching it to my side.

Why do I feel so worried?

I came to a sudden halt at his door and banged on it.

“Kris! Open up!” I yelled as forcefully and as loud as I could at the moment. I paused a second catching my breath before pounding on the door once more.

“Kris! You open this ing door or I will force my way in! And you know neither of us want that!”

I breathed heavily, listening for any noise on the other side of the door.

I could hear a table being moved and something hitting the wall.

I hit the door again.

“Kris! Open the door!”

The movement on the other side stopped.

I panted another few seconds before grabbing the handle and twisting, hoping that it was unlocked.

The door banged open.

I stared in shock at the handle before stepping inside quickly and closing it behind me. The light that the open door had let flood in, vanished, causing the room to become pitch black.

I reached for the wall, trying to find the light switch, I could feel someone—probably Kris—watch me move along the wall, looking desperately for a way out of the dark.

I moved forward, feeling his eyes follow me, causing an eerie feeling to creep up my back. I gulped before moving forward again looking for the switch before I felt myself being pulled down to the ground by a pair of strong arms.

An unintentional shriek came out of my mouth causing Kris—or whoever to let go of me.

I scrambled backward trying to find a wall before the light was sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter