Chapter 13

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen. Why would you say something like that?

I felt the tears pouring out of my eyes as I staggered down the empty hall. My feet were taking me to Kris’s apartment—Kris could help. Kris always helped. Kris cared.

I blurrily made the door numbers out, reaching his, banging on the door.

Yes it was two in the morning, and no it did not matter to me if Kris was asleep or not. All that mattered was that he would be here—even when Chen decided not to be.

I was choking on my tears, as the world was blurring out. I felt like the whole planet was spinning while I was standing in one spot, completely alone.

I tried to wipe away the tears as the door opened, up the pain.

“Who on earth is coming here at this ungo—” he started to say angrily before blinking and seeing my hopeless form.

“Sun Hi? What’s wrong!?”

“I—I—Chen—” I started to say before I began to feel the tears rolling down my cheeks again.

Kris stared at me confusedly for a moment before grabbing my arm and yanking me inside pulling the door closed behind me.

“What did Chen do?”

I stood there a moment trying to find the words to describe what had happened before breaking down completely, “Chen—Chen—he broke up with me.”

Immediately I felt Kris pull me into a hug. I buried my face into his chest, sobbing uncontrollably. He held me there protectively, firmly keeping me in his grasp, not daring to let go.

“Shh, Shh,” he whispered softly as he started to rub circles on my back, trying to calm me down, “Everything is going to be alright, Sun Hi.”

I could feel the tears start to lessen and I gasped for breath, “How is everything going to be okay—Chen—he doesn’t even care about me anymore—I—I’m—I’m nothing to him.”

“Chen’s a ing moron if he doesn’t care about you anymore. You were all he thought about before he left—so if that ridiculous says he doesn’t love you anymore he has ing lost his mind.”

I tried to pull away, being in his arms felt suddenly wrong. But he refused to let go, he held me there firmly, making it impossible for me to leave.

I knew Chen had said he loved me—but did he really? Could he really still care after he decided to rip my heart into a thousand pieces?

“Don’t leave,” he mumbled, pushing my head back against him, “I don’t like the thought of you crying alone in your apartment.”

I gulped silently, as I felt the tears continue to roll down my face.

“Kris—why do you care about me? I’ve always been such a horrible person to you—and all you ever do is be nice to me and—”

I felt him pull away slightly before he leaned down so he was eye level with me. He stared at me intently.

“—and—and,” I forgot all of what I was saying as I focused on his eyes as he continued to look at me.

“I’ll give you permission to hit me or to leave.”

“What?” I asked, confused—what was he talking about?

He leaned in closer, “Don’t hate me, please.”

I realized what was happening as he closed his eyes—but I didn’t stop him. I didn’t have the strength to turn my head—or to hit him—I just couldn’t.

His lips met mine and I felt my eyes start to close automatically. His hands crept up to hold my face and suddenly I found myself kissing him back. I wanted this. The guilt I had felt last time wasn’t there. He my cheek softly as he deepened the kiss, pushing me against the door. He held me there for several moments; the way his lips felt as they touched mine was perfect—I didn’t want him to stop.

He drew away, and I reluctantly let him. My breathing was uneven as he pulled me into a hug once more, softly my hair.

“Don’t leave.”

I sniffled slightly, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Do you know why?” I finally asked.

“Why what?” he mumbled, resting his chin on my head, keeping me close.

“Why he—he broke up with me?” I felt my voice break and a few more tears roll silently down my cheeks.

“I—I don’t know Sun Hi.”

I fluttered my eyes, trying to stop the tears from coming again—but I knew I couldn’t stop them. I squeezed my eyes shut and I felt Kris move away. He instead cradled my face in his hands, slowly wiping away the tears that had fallen.

My eyes opened to meet his. He was staring at my expectantly, worry obvious in his expression.

Lowering my gaze to the floor I took a deep breath, before turning away from him, wanting to hide my red face, with my swelled up eyes from him.

“I should go.”

“You can’t leav—”

“You made me feel better,” I said, trying to convince myself more than him as tears starting to run steadily down my cheeks, “I just need to go home, and sort out everything that has happened.”

“Sun Hi—”

“Thank you,” I chocked the words out before stepping out and closing the door behind me.

I stood there for a moment before Chen’s words hit me again. For the thousandth time that night.

“Before you get upset listen to me—I love you—I really do. But this—it isn’t working—I—”

“Did you meet someone?”

“No! No—there is no one who could ever—ever replace you.”

“Then why? Why are you doing this—just—why?”

“I just—Sun Hi—I’ll call you again—I have to go—I’m sorry. Just—I’m sorry.”

My breathing became heavy as the pounding in my ears increased. I stumbled forward a few steps before leaning against the wall.

Why Chen why?

I clutched my chest, as the aching feeling increased. I bit my lip, clenching my eyes closed as I slowly sank to the floor.

I gasped for breath as I brought my legs up to my chest, hiding my face in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter