Final

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've made it guys.

Its the end.THE VERY END. PLEASE ENJOY THIS LAST CHAPTER. even though its

i had so much trouble writing it. cuz it was just difficulut and because i was kind of sad its the end.

but anyways please enjoy.

and comment.

and upvote.

and subscribe <3 unsubscribing would make me very sad :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 3rd. My birthday. The one day in the whole year I would actually like to have a day off. But woe as me, this year I was not so lucky.  The worst part was that Kris had forgotten what today even was.

Kris had let me off every other year, and that was when we weren’t dating. He still seemed to remember then.

But instead he forgot, so he saw no reason to let me stay home. He didn’t even suggest it after he had mumbled he wasn’t feeling well. I could have stayed with him and taken care of him.

I know I really shouldn’t complain since he was sick but then to make matters worse he wasn’t the only one who seemed to forget. Luhan and Lay have made sure to call me exactly at midnight on my birthday ever since they met me but this year I didn’t even get that annoying call.

So here I am, six in the afternoon, dying from complete boredom, wondering why everyone had seemed to forget this year. Business was turning out to be even slower than usually and I found myself regretting the choice to open the store.

Finally giving up on patience I angrily exited my office going to the front of the store and slamming the sign around to say closed.

“Sehun go home!” I yelled into the creepily quiet store. I heard a few boxes fall before Sehun came rushing out of one of the isles.

“What? Why? It’s not time to close yet though.”

“It doesn’t matter. Kris isn’t here. He can’t make us stay.”

“But—”

“You don’t need to be afraid of Kris,” I said rolling my eyes, “If he gets mad I’ll take the blame.”

“But—but-”

“Just go home Sehun. No one is here anyways.”

“Alright,” he mumbled hesitantly, putting aside the boxes he was carrying, “But hey isn’t it your birthday? We should celebrate and go somewhere!” he said immediately becoming excited as he began to turn lights off in the store.

“Nah Sehun I was really thinking I would just go ho—”

“No, no, no. It’s your birthday. We need to do something!” he insisted, grabbing his jacket from under one of the checking stations.

“I was only planning on spending it by myself. No need to—”

“Why would you spend your birthday by yourself? That’s stupid,” he snorted, grabbing my hand before pulling me out of the building, locking the door behind us.

“Well because Kris is being stupid so I was purposefully not going to talk to him the rest of the day. I was going to eat Ice-cream and chocolate an—”

“No. You are coming with me. We can have a party by ourselves,” he interrupted, continuing to drag me down the sidewalk.

I tried to struggle against his grip but he was surprisingly strong for such a scrawny kid.

“Sehun this really isn’t necessary. My TV screen can offer me a wonderful birthday night you don’t need to—”

“Please. Your birthday night is going to be much more exciting than that.”

“Sehun—” I began to complain again before I was suddenly pulled into an open shop I hadn’t even known existed.

The atmosphere inside was almost a complete contrast to the outside world. The lights were barely glowing in the dark room, and the smell that occupied the building contained disgusting hits of alcohol and smoke.

I blinked repeatedly trying to get used to the light as Sehun dragged me towards what looked like it was supposed to be a counter. Talk about sketchy.

“We’d like to rent out a karaoke room please.”

“Room two is open.”

Sehun quickly paid for the room before dragging me farther into this…unique…place. We got to a door with the number two nailed to it and he opened it, letting me inside.

“Sehun! I can’t sing!” I finally exclaimed as he shut the door, enveloping us in silence.

“Doesn’t matter. It’s just for fun.”

“Can we order food at least?” I pleaded, collapsing on one of the ratty looking couches, my eyes taking in the dim lit room and the trashed furniture.

“Ha. No. I wouldn’t trust this place with my food.”

“But Sehun—”

“You ready? I’m picking the song.”

I narrowed my eyes, watching the back of his head. I stood up snatching the microphone away from him, only to earn a victorious smirk.

 

~~~~

 

“Thanks for that Sehun.”

“No problem. I just wanted to make sure you had a little fun on your birthday,” he grinned happily, shoving me playfully as we made our way back to the store parking lot.

“You seem to be the only one,” I sighed as we arrived back. I was not looking forward to going home and being by myself. I would have to think about my life, and of how Kris forgot about me today and that would be depressing.

“What do you mean?”

“You’re the only one who seemed to remember it was my birthday.”

“Not even Kris?”

“Not even Kris.”

“Oh wow…” Sehun muttered under his breath, surprised that Kris could be as daft as that.

“Yeah well it’s alright. Sometimes we can’t rely on our boyfriends for anything.”

“That really does ,” he mumbled, giving me an apologetic face. “I guess he must be really sick to forget.”

 “Oh yes. I’m sure he’s deathly ill,” I chuckled, getting into the driver’s seat of my car, letting the door stay open. “Well I guess I should get home now. My TV is probably longing to see me.”

“See you,” he called, getting into his car as I shut my door. I started the car and began my way home.

Twenty minutes later I pulled into the parking lot before immediately groaning in disgust.

Kris’s car sat in the space next to where I had pulled in. Angrily I got out, kicking his tire for good measure before I began my way up to my apartment.

What could he possibly want now? Did he suddenly remember that it was my birthday and feel bad? I kind of hoped that would be the case and if it was—I was determined to not let him forget his mistake so easily.

I reached my door, thinking about how I regretted ever giving Kris a key to my apartment as I began to unlock the door.

As I stepped inside, closing the door behind me a wonderful smell reached my nose. After slipping off my shoes I made my way down the hallway and into the kitchen.

Kris stood with his back to me, hunched over what looked like a few different plates and bowls. Upon hearing my footsteps he turned around, his expression instantly perking up when he saw me.

“Babe!” he grinned happily, immediately coming around the island in the kitchen towards me. “Happy Birthday!”

He reached me, leaning forward to wrap me in a hug before I scoffed and shoved past his welcoming arms and went to the fridge instead. I could only imagine his confused face as I pulled out a container of kimchi.

“Sun Hi? Are you alright?”

I ignored him, going to the living room, taking a seat on my couch, flicking the TV on. Kris followed, sitting next to me; his eyes still trained on me as I ate kimchi and rudely ignored him.

“Sun Hi,” he whined after a minute or so, taking my hand, “Please talk to me.”

I yanked my hand away and continued to ignore him.

“Babe. Whatever I did, I’m sorry. Just please talk to me. I came over so we could celebrate your birthday.”

“If you wanted to celebrate my birthday so bad, why’d you make me go to work thinking you had forgotten? Why you pretend to be sick?” I snapped, letting my feelings take control of my words.

“I-I wanted to surprise you,” he stuttered, his eyes widening at the sudden anger emitting from my voice.

“Surprise me, huh? All day I was mad. I thought you had forgotten. You had no idea how frustrating it was.”

“I’m sorry,” he pleaded, taking my hand once more, forcefully holding on this time. “I didn’t really forget—I just needed to get you out of the house for the day.”

“Whatever. It doesn’t matter now anyways,” I mumbled, turning the TV off, getting up to go back into the kitchen. He trailed after me, following me all the way to the fridge.

I put the kimchi away and turned to go to my room before Kris put his arms on either side of the fridge, blocking me against it.

I glared at him as he leaned forward, causing me to shrink back against the door.

“Forgive me,” he demanded, bring his face close to mine, his lips brushing against my own.

I frowned before he reached down, pulling my face to his, laying a sweet kiss on my lips. And me, being the stubborn girl that I am, pushed him away after merely two seconds, before ducking under his arm to escape to my room.

Before I reached the door he jumped in front of me, blocking me from entering.

“No. You aren’t going to ignore me. I made you food, got you a present and I even something planned for later. You aren’t allowed into your room until after I’m done with you,” he said in a determined tone, turning me back around, forcing me to move away from the door.

I planted my feet stubbornly, refusing to move any farther, “Kris. It’s my birthday. If I want to ignore you and not do what you planned I will.”

“No. I’ve been basically planning this for the past month. I used my whole day to make this the most perfect birthday night of your life. You are not going to ignore me,” he insisted, not letting go of my shoulders as we stood there.

“Well, I didn’t ask you to did I? You should have expected me to be mad! You could have at least said happy birthday this morning. But no. You didn’t even give me that,” I retorted, crossing my arms angrily.

“Sun Hi. I’m sorry I didn’t say it this morning. I was more focused on tonight that did didn’t cross my mind. Please just stop being so difficult.”

I pouted, I wanted to stay mad at him since my whole day had been so ty but he had honestly been trying to be a good boyfriend.

“Fine,” I mumbled reluctantly, pulling myself out of  his grasp and went to sit at the place he had set out for me to eat on the kitchen bar. I rested my elbows on the counter, balancing my chin on my hands, watching him expectantly.

Happy that I had finally decided to cooperate, he went back over to the counter. He grabbed a specific plate he had prepared, bringing it over to the table, setting it down in front of me.

I took one look it at it before a smile broke out across my face. He had prepared rice and chicken, and had somehow forced the bits of chicken to create a heart.

Still smiling I picked up the chopsticks he had set out and took a bite of the chicken.

“Is it good?” Kris asked. He was on the opposite side of he counter, an anxious look on his face as he watched me chew.

“It’s delicious Kris. You’re amazing.”

Instant relief crossed Kris’s face, and he looked shyly down at his hands, “I’m happy you like it.”

“Stop. You’re being cute.  Just stop,” I whined, pouting stubbornly at him only to make him smirk smugly at me.

Making an irritated noise, I looked away from him and back to the delicious chicken in front of me.

“When you’re finished eating, go into your room and put on the clothes I laid out okay?” Kris suddenly said, grabbing his keys causing me to look up surprised.

 “You’re leaving? Where are you going?” I asked, shocked at the sudden request he made.

“I’m only leaving for a little bit. I’ll be back to pick you up since I’m taking you out tonight,” he said, kissing me on the forehead before grabbing his jacket.

“But where are you going?” I repeated, slipping out of my chair, following him as he made his way down the hallway.

“I forgot something at my apartment. I’ll be back in a bit. Just eat your food and get dressed,” he said quickly, throwing me one last smile before opening the door and rushing out, slamming it closed behind him.

I stared at the door for a moment longer, wondering where in hell we could be going.

Shaking my head I went back to my food, deciding not question Kris’s motives and would just play along with what he wanted. Who knows, maybe it would be really fun.

I scarfed down the rest of the food he had set out, quickly cleaning up the counter before I headed into my room to see what he could have possibly left out for me to wear.

Laying on my bed was the outfit that he intended for me to wear, a peachy pink summer dress

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter