Chapter 21

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I woke up without Kris next to me. I felt cold since he must have slept with his arms around me the whole night. I yawned, looking out the window to see the kind of day it was. Everything was white from what I could tell and it was still slightly dark out.

I frowned before rolling over to face the couch, not wanting to wake up. I felt around with my hand for the forgotten blanket and quickly wrapped myself up in it.

Part of me wanted to get up and see what Kris was doing but I forced myself to stay on the couch. That bastard left me to freeze, why would I want to talk to him?

Slowly I felt the blanket start to heat up my cold skin and I was just about perfect when I heard the apartment door swing open and then felt a gust of cold air hit me.

“Kris,” I practically moaned, “Its ing cold.”

I didn’t hear any footsteps and I was about to look up when I suddenly felt his cold fingers press against my neck.

I immediately sat up, my hair whipping around as I looked at him. He was kneeling on the floor, his hand still posed inches from where I had been just lying. He was trying to hold back a grin as he looked up at me, a guilty expression on his face.

“What was that for?”

“You were complaining about being cold. I thought you should feel what it’s like outside to get a better idea of cold.”

I glared at him.

“You were asking for it.”

“I was not,” I disagreed as I sat up, deciding now would be a good time to get up. He just smiled before reaching up towards me, resting both of his ice cold hands on my neck.

I let out a gasp from the cold.

“Merry Christmas,” he chuckled as he stood up, bending down, and kissing my forehead before letting me go and walking to the kitchen.

Pouting, I got up and followed him, still clutching the blanket, trying to keep some heat.

 He was standing in the kitchen, sipping a cup of coffee he must have got from going out. He quickly stopped drinking it and held it out to me.

I scuttled forward, taking it from him and tasting it. It was sweet with a caramel flavor. I smiled contently, taking another sip before holding it back out to him.

“It’s for you, you know,” he said, not taking it back.

“Then why were you drinking it?” I gasped, in fake horror.

“Because I can,” he said simply, poking my forehead before walking past me. I sighed, turning back around following him out.

He took a seat on the couch and I sat next to him.

“We need a name for the dog.”

I looked at him and followed his gaze to the dog playing with a bone in the corner of the room.

“Oh and I still need to give you your present.”

My eyes went back to him.

“You didn’t have to get me anything.”

“I think its kind of my duty since we are dating now.”

“Well—I—,” I began to say before he interrupted.

“I got it for you like last week anyways. So you were going to get it either way.”

“Well fine then,” I grumbled, falling sideways on to the couch. He chuckled, leaning forward to grab the begging dog on the floor.

“Maybe we should name him—” I began to say, watching the two before a sudden blaring noise interrupted my sentence. It was my phone, but the noise was coming from the entrance hallway. I got up quickly, complaining to myself about how cold it was and went to the sound.

My phone was inside Kris’s jacket and I quickly grabbed it, and seeing it was Yue, answered it.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” she practically screamed in my ear. I cringed holding it away from my ear, cursing her in my head.

“Merry Christmas…,” I said quietly, rubbing my aching ear slightly.

“Did you just get up?” she asked, her voice way too cheerful for the morning.

“Kinda sorta,” I said, making my way back to the couch, and back to the warm blanket.

“Did you stay up late last night?” she asked, I could just hear the amusement in her voice; probably contemplating what I had been doing.

“Only till just past midnight,” I could tell Kris was listening as I sat down next to him. Feeling awkward I softly tapped his shoulder.

“Are you with Kris?” she asked as I slowly pulled his shoulder towards me, pushing his head into my lap. He peered up at me a confused look on his face.

“Yes I am,” I said, shrugging at Kris, sticking my tongue out. He smiled, petting the dog on his stomach as I ran my fingers through his soft hair.

“Did you guys…last night?”

My hands froze in his hair. I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

“What? No!”

“Are you kidding me? Christmas eve night and you don’t have ?” Yue demanded loudly, I was almost sure Kris could hear her.

“Yue,” I said in a hushed voice, despite the fact that Kris could hear me perfectly, “Why would do that? Why would you even ask?”

“When was the last time you had ?” she asked, slightly irritated.

“I don’t know…It’s been a few months—”

“You totally know you miss it.”

“That’s beside the point! That’s just—not going to happen—anytime soon,” I mumbled, my hands beginning to weave through Kris’s hair again.

“Well why the hell not?” she exclaimed, slamming her hand into some poor undeserving object.

“Because I don’t think he’d want to at this point,” I said slowly and quietly.

“Let me talk to him, I’m sure he would want to.”

“NO!”

Kris sat up, giving me a strange look.

“Sorry,” I mouthed, pulling his head back down into my lap.

“Let me talk to him! He would totally love it. You know it’s true.”

“You’re not talking to him,” I snapped, furious that she would even consider that.

At that Kris sat up again, raising an eyebrow.

“Are you talking about me?”

My eyes widened and I shook my head quickly. He narrowed his eyes, not believing me.

“Is he asking about me?” Yue asked curiously.

“No he’s not,” I said instantly.

“Liar,” she snorted, amused. At that moment I felt the phone be pulled out of my hand and a strong arm pin me to the couch.

“Kris,” I said, struggling against his strength, “We weren’t talking about you!”

He wasn’t listening to me but instead to Yue.

“Oh yeah totally,” I heard him say, a foolish grin plastered on his face.

“Kris,” I whined, pulling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter