Chapter 4

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

hii guyyss sorry it took so long to update! but i made this one soo longg! its 15 pages and has 5,662 words! AH so much. and it took me forever to write...so i apologize again! but i hope you like it :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday couldn’t come fast enough. But it finally did.

Wednesday morning I spent telling Yue how Kris and I’s shopping trip went. She was not pleased with Kris’s behavior, which I thought was cruel considering he was actually being somewhat friendly for once. She determined his actions to be too friendly.

“I don’t understand why he thinks he can be so nice as soon as Chen leaves,” Yue ranted as she cooked eggs for breakfast; I had come back and stayed Tuesday night to tell her all about the party.

I sighed for the hundredth time that morning, putting down the newspaper I was reading.

“I’m sure it has nothing to do with Chen leaving soon,” I said taking a sip of orange juice, scowling slightly at its taste. Yue was trying to break me of my coffee habits.

“Just like how I’m sure you’re only saying that because of the way Kris was smiling at you,” She said rolling her eyes, sitting down across from me, waiting for the eggs to cook.

“It is not! I’m not that pathetic!” I cried, gaping at her.

“He’s probably only being so nice because he wants to get in your pants while Chen is gone,” She said totally ignoring my outburst.

I almost choked on the orange juice I was sipping.

“Why would you even say that??”

“Because it’s probably true! He probably reckons it will be easy since you’re so in love with him.”

“I am not in love with him! I hate his guts!”

“You are so in denial.”

“No, I’m not!” I replied, irritation evident in my voice.

“Then why did I get a text on Saturday saying ‘Why is his smile so mesmerizing?’” she said, imitating a high voice, intending for it to be me.

“Oh shut up.”

“Please Sun Hi. You know you can’t deny it.”

“I can deny whatever isn’t true. I am in love with Chen, Yue. Not Kris.”

“Well you still have the hots for Kris and you can’t deny that.”

I glared at her as she got up and put our eggs on two plates.

“It’s not my fault he is somewhat attractive when he’s being nice,” I said finally.

“Flirting isn’t necessarily being nice Sun Hi.”

“He wasn’t flirting.”

“So teasing you, doing whatever you want him to do and telling you to help him out of a costume isn’t flirting?”

“How is helping him out of a costume flirting?”

“You were totally giving him an idea of what it would be like if you were to actually take off his clothes.”

I spit my eggs out on my plate.

“Seriously! Like what the !?”

“I’m just saying it like it is!”

“Do you think every guy has these nasty thoughts or something??”

“No. But I’m sure Kris does.”

I ignored her and started eating. Sometimes Yue could be really judgmental and say stupid things and it really got on my nerves.

“Whatever,” I said after taking my last bite of eggs before pushing them away and standing up, “I have to go help Kris set up for the party, so I’ll see you around five.”

I walked out the door without another word to her. Something in the way she talked about Kris set my teeth on edge. I stopped at a hot chocolate stand on the way there and bought some peppermint hot chocolate and I walked over to Kris’s since I couldn’t leave the car in the parking lot there for Chen to see.

It was a chilly morning, and it had just begun to snow and as I neared his apartment I was cursing my wimpy jeans and sweater.

I knocked on the door of his apartment shivering and clutching the half empty hot chocolate cup to my chest. Five minutes later Kris opened the door; wet hair and a towel wrapped around his waist.

I felt my face burn. Why couldn’t I have come like twenty minutes later? I stood there staring at his face completely horrified with the situation.

“Well hello there,” He finally said, breaking the silence.

“Hi…did I come early again?” I asked in a slightly distressed voice, avoiding looking anywhere but his face.

“Actually no. You came exactly when I wanted you to. It’s just—I wasn’t really ready yet,” He chuckled

“I can see that,” I said biting my lip unconsciously.

He looked at me for a moment longer before opening the door for me, seeing as I was freezing. I stepped past him into the warm apartment he and Chen shared. It had the familiar sent of Chen mixed in with Kris, it was almost intoxicating.

Kris walked past me and towards his room; my eyes lingered far too long on his and by that point I couldn’t help but notice how perfect his skin looked and how defined his shoulders looked and—he glanced back at me.

“I’ll only be a few minutes, you can sit down or something,” He said catching me in the act of watching him.

I could only nod; I had an amazing view of his front and by god I almost died standing there. He turned away again giving me a small smirk before closing the door to his room behind him. I plopped down on the couch in the living room and took a long deep breath.

Damn that stupid boy and his attempts at teasing me. More like having success in teasing you a voice in the back of my head chimed in my thoughts. I ignored the voice and sat back, closing my eyes waiting for Kris to walk out of his room again. Slowly I started to doze off.

I woke up to someone gently shaking my shoulder. My eyes snapped open to reveal Kris right up in my face.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked frantically, hoping it wasn’t long.

“For about an hour. But it’s fine—I was just cleaning up and doing the normal chores around the apartment.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up??” I asked slightly desperately but also grateful.

“You looked so peaceful I didn’t want to disturb you.”

I felt my ears get warm.  God damn it Kris, you know if exactly what to say to embarrass a girl to the point where she just wants to explode.

“Well that was nice—but you really shouldn’t have let me sleep...it’s just…no.”

“It’s fine that you slept, honestly. Being tired isn’t a sin,” He laughed sitting on the coffee table.

But it’s a sin when I’m alone with just you in your house.

I gave a forced smile before standing up and stretching. They kept the heat on so high no wonder I fell asleep.

“What do we need to do?” I asked turning back towards Kris, who was still sitting on the coffee table, looking up at me.

“We need to set up the banner, blow up the balloons, and get the food ready still,” He said standing up as well and walking over to one of the counters, which had all of the things we bought on it, including the dragon costume.

I smiled as I looked at the costume. I can’t believe he actually bought it.

“How about I set up the banner and you start to blow up balloons?” he said grabbing the banner and looked at me, waiting for my response.

“Oh sure,” I answered distractedly looking at the costume and then at his perfect face. He gave me thumbs up before walking into the kitchen to find a chair to stand on. I grabbed the package of balloons and ripped them open.

I took out a pink balloon and blew it up. Kris walked back in and stepped on to the chair he had brought and started hanging the banner.

After I blew up several balloons I heard the banner fall and Kris groan in frustration.

“Sun Hi, do you think you could help me with this?” Kris asked as I turned to see what was wrong. The banner was sitting on the floor and Kris was standing above it on the chair looking down at me with a distressed facial expression.

“Sure,” I said tying the balloon I had in my hands, “What do you need?”

“Will you help me hang this up? I get one side up and then as soon as I let it go so I can move to the other side it falls off,” He said hopping off of the chair and picking up the banner.

“Oh…I see. I’ll go get another chair then.”

“I’d get the stool if I were you!” he called after me.

I flipped him off as I rounded the corner into the kitchen. I heard him laughing as I grabbed one of the stools and waddled back into the living room holding it out in front of me.

I set it down and awkwardly climbed on top of it, swaying from being a bit off balance.  Kris reached up and handed me one end of the banner and a tack. Together we hoisted it up and tacked it into place.

I started to blow up a few more balloons and Kris put the chair and the stool away. A moment later I heard someone knock on the door, then I heard Kris’s footsteps and him open the door. I could hear muffled talking and then Kris closed the door again.

“Come look at what came Sun Hi!” I heard an excited Kris call from the kitchen. I finished tying the bundle of balloons I was working on and skipped into the kitchen.

Kris stood with an open box in front him on the counter. I came over and peered around his arm to see a beautiful white cake.

“You ordered a cake?” I asked gazing down at the tasty looking white frosting and the colorful letters on it.

“Obviously not Sun Hi,” He snorted sarcastically.

“Whatever. It’s still cute.”

“Cute?”

“Yes cute.”

“I wasn’t really going for cute when I ordered it.”

“Well it sure as hell isn’t masculine.”

“I’m offended—I was totally going for a masculine cake,” Kris said turning and heading out of the kitchen. I followed, grabbing a stool again and heading to the corner of the room and setting it down.

“What are you doing?” Kris asked with a puzzled tone of voice.

I turned to see him with a half blown up balloon in his hand and a raised eyebrow as he stared at me.

“I’m putting up some balloons.”

“Oh,” He said before putting the balloon back in his mouth and blowing it up, distractedly checking his phone. I rolled my eyes. What a weirdo.

I picked up the bundle of balloons I had prepared and started to try to tape them up. I could feel Kris’s eyes watching me and I started to become self-conscious and kept messing up.

“Do you need some help?” he eventually asked, standing up and coming towards me.

“I think I’m fine,” I said standing on my tippy toes, and still not able to get it to stick.

“You sure?” he said, standing in front of me, watching my hands mess up over and over again.

“Yes I’m sure,” I said as I moved my foot forward a bit. I moved the other one but as I did I felt myself slip and I came crashing down to the floor—no, on to Kris.

I landed awkwardly sprawled across him; I had knocked him down in the process of falling. I lay there for a moment before my senses came back to me and I immediately pushed myself up on my elbows only to find my face several inches from Kris’s.

Both of our eyes widened and I instantly tried to get up but instead he grabbed my wrists and held me there. I tried to get up again but he kept holding on, I felt my face growing hotter and redder as I kept struggling.

“What are you doing?” I finally said breathlessly, giving up but still keeping my distance from his face.

“I just wanted to see what you would do,” He grinned stupidly.

“Let me go,” I said forcefully trying to pry myself from his grip.

“Ah but this is fun,” He smirked evilly pulling my wrists closer to him, causing me to jerk towards him.

“Let me go,” I said a little more forcefully.

“You really are quite feisty aren’t you?”

“Kris. I’m not kidding. Stop it,” I snapped, my voice shaking slightly.

“Why, are you nervous?”

“No! But I’d rather not be here lying on top of you!”

He chuckled and pulled me closer; I turned my head avoiding my lips from getting too close to his. I felt him raise his head so his mouth was close to my ear, “You have no idea how fun it is to tease you.”

I yanked my wrists away from him furiously and staggered to my feet.

“You are such a ert!” I exclaimed angrily, rubbing my wrists where he had held on to me.

“Whatever you say Sun Hi,” He said hopping up with too much energy for my liking, “But you deserve it since you fell on me.”

“That was an accident!” I said gaping at him, crossing my arms.

“Doesn’t matter. You still got a punishment for it.”

“I—I,” I began to say, trying to form a sentence, but I couldn’t.

“It’s okay Sun Hi,” he said patting me on the shoulder with a smug grin, “I know it’s frustrating.”

“What? What are you even talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter