Chapter 9

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heyy guysss :D 

Guess what? I'm a day early .Woot. for the win. Anyways. heres the chappppppppppter! i hope you guys like it lots. I tried hard to make it good. so please enjoy it! 

And isn't the gif just cute? Oh Chen. You adorable thing.

Please comment and subscribe if you haven't already. (but only if you like it) if you don't then...i dont know.

byyee <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How I ended up back in Kris’s apartment with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand really didn’t seem clear to me but all the same, that’s where I was.

He hadn’t said anything as he brought me inside and made me sit on the couch. I think I was still in too much shock to realize what was going on. I guess he figured the same since he didn’t try to talk to me.

I sat there numbly holding the cup of hot chocolate, taking a sip every few moments to dispel the cold feeling I kept having.

Kris was sitting on the coffee table several feet away from me.

“Sun Hi?” he asked quietly, waving his hand in front of my face to try and snap me out of my weird trance.

I blinked, coming back to my senses, before turning my attention to him, “Oh wow...sorry…I just…spaced out.”

“Well that wasn’t obvious enough already.”

I frowned, sipping on the steaming cup of hot chocolate.

“So…,” he said awkwardly.

“So,” I repeated, glancing around the room, avoiding eye contact with Kris.

“Since you and I seem to be awkward now, I’d like to say something that will hopefully help that,” he cleared his throat, “I’m sorry for what I did earlier. It was uncalled for and I reacted on a sudden urge, I didn’t actually stop to think about what I was doing.”

“Chen called me,” I said ignoring everything he had just told me.

“What?”

“Chen gave me a call a few minutes after I got home,” I answered, looking at him before continuing, “I wanted to tell him what you had done—but I couldn’t do it. As much as I wanted to I couldn’t bring myself to ruining the friendship you two have had for years. Did you ever stop to think—that maybe—you should have been more aware of your friendship then you actually are? Did you ever think that acting on your urges may have led to the end of your friendship with him?”

He bowed his head before shaking it slightly. He looked shameful from what I could tell.

“That’s what I thought.”

“I have a question though,” he said, looking up at my eyes, “If it was so horrifying and shocking why didn’t you pull away? No one asked you to stand there.”

I stared at him. Not wanting to admit that maybe I stood there because I didn’t want to pull away.

“You know it makes sense now actually. You didn’t tell Chen because you didn’t want to admit to him that you didn’t do anything about it. You could have stopped the kiss right there, but all you did was stand there. So maybe, after I’ve been having this horrible guilty feeling, I’m not the only one at fault.”

I felt my heart clench. Why did everything he was saying have to be true?

“Is that true, Sun Hi?”

I bit my bottom lip as I felt my eyes start to swell up; I quickly looked down, not wanting him to see the tears that might fall. I didn’t want to admit it to him—I couldn’t.

Suddenly I felt his hands cup around my face, bringing my eyelevel back up to his, his mouth inches from mine.

“What if I did it again, right now? Would you hesitate in slapping me? Or would you immediately react?”

I cringed at his touch, gulping—hoping he wouldn’t do it.

“You wouldn’t,” I chocked out finally.

“I wouldn’t? Do you want me to prove you wrong?”

I smacked his hands away, shaking my head as I hid behind my own hands.

“I should leave,” I murmured, setting the cup of hot coco down, making my way to get up.

“You are emotionally unstable. Do you really think it’s a good idea for you to go driving right now?” he asked, causing me to stop in my tracks.

“Kris, being with you just makes me feel—weird. I want to leave.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter