Chapter 5

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay. I feel completely awful! I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY that i didn't update any sooner! i swear i was going to update last night..but then my internet went down for some stupid reason. here is an update. its kinda crappy. but i promise that i will try to update at least once a week! if not you can hit me~ lol but once school starts its gonna be harder to update since i have band...and then all that stupid homework crap. but yeah. i love you guys! please keep reading and don't hate me cuz this ! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I had to go to work the next day. It was a dreary, snowy Friday. I pulled into the parking lot, wishing that work didn’t exist anymore. But of course it did and it was something that had to be done.  That didn’t stop me from picking up the phone several times and almost calling in sick. All the same, it was a depressing day to go to work.

I headed inside the office with a grumpy attitude to see that Kris was already there typing away on his keyboard.

He glanced up at me as I stripped my gloves and hat off. I sat down abruptly and sipped on the coffee I had brought with me. As I set it down, it hit the table a little too quickly and coffee splashed out on to the table top.

“Smooth move,” Kris snorted, watching me grab a napkin and mop it up.

As soon as I heard his voice an angry feeling built up in my chest. Stupid Kris. Such an . What does he think? Going around being a nice guy and then a totally jerk the next?

“Shut up,” I growled angrily, not able to stop myself from glaring at him.

“What?” he asked, he had a slightly surprised look on his face as he looked up to meet my eyes. For once in all my times in working with Kris, I had never felt so much anger built up from something he had done.

“I told you to shut up.”

“What the he—”

“Look Kris. I don’t want to listen to your today okay? I’m done with this; ‘I’ll be nice one second and then a total the next.’ It’s annoying and I seriously don’t how anyone can stand you if you do that all the freaking time. Maybe it’s just me that you do that to. Actually—take that back. I’m pretty sure it’s just me. I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish by acting like that but it’s ing annoying.”

His mouth dropped.

“If you want something, I’ll be in the front, helping customers,” I concluded my rant and stood up with my coffee, exiting the office. I took a deep breath as I walked confidently down the aisle and to the registers in the front of the store.

Chen, why did you leave?

 I took a seat behind the unoccupied register and pulled out a magazine. I hid my nose behind it and took a sip of my coffee casually.

Chen is already in London, I thought to myself, maybe he is catching up on his sleep, or maybe he’s exploring the city. He probably looks hilarious, since barely anyone there can understand him.

I smiled.

He’s probably having a fantastic time already. Probably site seeing and eating weird food, that tastes and smells delicious. He better take lots of pictures like he said he would or I will be seriously angry.

Oh Chen, if only you could be here right now. You could help me calm down.

I sighed and set the magazine down, running my fingers through my hair.

Kris I’m sorry I’m being such a . But it’s only because of your stupid attitude.

I groaned and hid my face in my hands. I’m such a weakling. I hate being a jerk; I always have the urge to go apologize on my hands and knees, otherwise the guilt will eat me alive from the inside out.

“Excuse me, but are you okay?” A voice asked from the left side of me. I turned to see a cute boy standing there with one of the employees shirts on, holding a box of clothes labeled with an order on them. He must be the employee we just hired.

“Oh I’m fine. Sorry I was just thinking,” I said standing up awkwardly before changing the subject, “You must be the new employee we hired. I’m Sun Hi.”

I held out my hand and he took it cheerfully. His hands were soft, his hair fell just over his eyes and his smile fit him well.

“What’s your name?” I asked, a grin forming on my lips.

“Sehun.”

“Oh right! I remember seeing your application. Aren’t you just out of high school?”

He smiled shyly before nodding.

“Well it’s good to meet you, Sehun,” I smiled as I stood up with my coffee, “I feel bad since Kris didn’t tell me that you already started work.”

He bit his lip and looked down, “Oh its fine, I only started today. I’m sure he was planning on telling you.”

“I’m sure he was going too,” I smiled. I highly doubt he was going to tell me.

“Do you want me to take that? I can go put it in the shipment room while you help the customer that just walked in,” I asked as I nodded towards the door as someone walked in.

“Oh sure!” he said quickly handing me the box as I set down my coffee. He rushed towards the door and I couldn’t help but think how cute he was when he was eager.

Grinning, I walked to the back and dropped the box off in the shipment pile before wearily dragging myself back up to the front.

I dropped back in the same seat and sipped on my coffee, watching Sehun help the custome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter