Chapter 2

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AHH! So this chapter took me forever to write and i'm way to lazy to edit it so sorry XD But i hope you guys like it..and yeah! please subscribe if you haven't. :3 isn't the pic of Kris just so y? Yum! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yue kept texting me constantly; she even tried to call me and ended the whole finale with a text saying we were going to have a long talk later.

I kept inside, sorting the boxes in the back room, trying to keep out of Kris’s presence and spare myself from the annoying looks he was giving me.

After an several hours or so I was really starting to wonder why Yue and Kris were making a big deal about it, Kris is hot and seeing him shirtless would be a wonderful thing—but it doesn’t change the fact that I hate him and always will. My heart completely and utterly belonged to Chen and that was something his best friend could ever change.

But that’s when the little voice in the back of my head started to get to me; do you completely belong to Chen? He seems to be falling away from you. I cleared my thoughts, picking up a box and walking out into the store, passing Kris, his arm brushing against mine, a tingling sensation ran up my arm. But what about Kris?

My thoughts instantly vanished when my phone started blaring Chen’s ringtone. I dropped the box  I was carrying and grabbed my phone and answered.

“Hello?”

“Sun Hi. Is it possible for you to grab dinner with me later?”

“I thought you were busy?”

“The meeting tonight got canceled, and it might be the last time I get to see you before my trip.”

“Oh…well I was going to hang out with Yue tonight…but I can always tell her I’ll be late…”

“Can you do that then? I have to talk to you.” He said seriously. I froze, what did Kris say to him?

“What’s wrong?” I asked nervously, hoping he wasn’t serious.

“Nothing’s wrong. It’s actually good news! But I still need to talk to you about it…I mean you may not take it well…”

I didn’t answer, I was hoping no praying that Chen wasn’t mad at me. And good news? What’s that supposed to mean…

“I’ll pick you up after work okay?” Chen said interrupting my thoughts.

“……..”

“I love you Sun Hi. I send my kisses. Bye.”

I hung up the phone, shoving it back in my pocket and picked up the box and went to my office door pushing it open to reveal  a silently working Kris. Maybe Chen wasn’t mad at me, but that doesn’t change the fact that Kris probably said something to him.

I went over to his desk and slammed the box down on the surface.

“What did you say to Chen?” I scowled my eyes murderous.

“What?” he asked, slightly irritated moving his eyes to my face, glaring.

“What did you say to Chen?” I repeated resting my hands on the edges of his desk.

“What are you even talking about?” he said leaning backward in his chair, folding his arms. (that sounds so y)

“I’m talking about suddenly being able to have dinner with Chen and the fact that he has to talk to me about ‘something’.”

“You expect me to know about your love life?” Kris snorted, looking back at the paper on his desk.

“You—you mean you didn’t say anything about…?”

“About what?”

“About you know…what ‘happened earlier…”

“Nothing happened,” he said raising his eyebrows at me, before exclaiming, “Oh…you mean….I wasn’t serious about that…”

He saw the shocked expression on my face and started to laugh. I stared still disbelieving at his face, unable to accept the fact that I was stupid enough to actually believe him in the first place.

“It’s not like I would tell him anyways Sun Hi.” He said before leaning forward close to my face, “It can be our secret.”

I pushed him back in his seat and he started to laugh even more.

“Someone’s feisty today,” he grinned stupidly, “I like feisty Sun Hi.”

“Just shut up.” I said, angrily picking up the box and walking out, slamming the door behind me.

I went over to an empty shelf and started folding the clothes in box and setting them out.

“SUH HI!” I heard a cry from across the store. I whipped around to see Luhan and Lay coming toward me, Luhan was practically running.

I set the box aside making my way towards them when suddenly I felt a body slam into me.

“God Luhan.” I said catching my breath as he hugged me tightly.

“Sun Hi! We’re back from our trip!” Luhan said in a sing-song voice.

“I can see that Luhan.” I exclaimed prying his fingers off as Lay came in for the next hug.

“How was the trip?” I asked hugging Lay tightly; I missed my best buds.

“It was amazing! Australia is soooo pretty Sun Hi. We all have to go there, you, me, and Lay!” Luhan exclaimed excitedly, hopping up and down behind Lay.

I laughed releasing Lay.

“Was it really that amazing?”

“It was so cool Sun Hi. Luhan is right—we all need to go there!” Lay chimed in before Luhan could answer causing Luhan to pout.

“Anyways,” Luhan said right after Lay finished talking, “We need to go say hello to Kris, and we’ll let you get back to whatever you were doing.”

I waved as I watched them skip off to the office, my mood slightly improved. I checked my watch seeing I only had a half an hour of work left.

For the remainder of work I helped a few customers find some items and the last lady I was helping was an elder woman who was looking for something for her granddaughter.

“Do you think she would like this ma’am?” I asked pulling a sweater dress off the rack.

“Oh dear! That would look absolutely stunning on you darling!”

“Thank you~” I smiled, “But do you think your granddaughter would like this?”

“I think she might—but I would like to keep looking just in case we can find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter