Chapter 1

Your Perfect Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Okay...so this chapter isn't the greatest in the world i know..but i hope you enjoy it still....and i would love it if you would subscribe! i'll try my best to make the story as awesome as possibleee! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was five in the morning when my phone decided to go off. I rolled out of bed, cursing whoever was calling at this ungodly hour. I found my jeans from yesterday and yanked the phone out of the pocket. Of course the devil was calling me this early in the morning, it was just like him. I flipped it open.

“What do you ing want?” I growled into the phone.

“Oh, sorry. Did I wake you up?” Kris’s sarcastic voice replied.

“What do you think ?”

“Oh you poor little girl.”

“What do you want Kris?”

“I want a lot of things—a lot of things you can’t give me.” He snickered, taunting me.

“Oh my god. Why did I even answer the phone?”

“Because you love me.”

“I hate your guts and you know that.”

“Well you used to love me. And you can’t deny that.”

“What. Do. You. Want.”

“You are such a at five in the morning,” he grumbled, “I called because your little boy toy was too busy to. He said he can’t make it today, he has to work again.”

“Yeah because Chen’s totally my ‘boy toy’.” I answered sarcastically.

“You know it’s true.”

“ you.”

“You know you want to.”

I snapped your phone shut and threw it at the pile of clothes in the corner of your room. I hate Kris so much. I crawled back under the covers of my warm bed and attempted to fall back asleep but it wouldn’t come.

Groaning I laid on my back thinking about Chen.

He always makes Kris deliver messages; I haven’t talked to him in like two weeks! I really wish he didn’t work so much but what can a girl say to a boyfriend who keeps telling her it’s so he can buy her a wedding ring?

I smiled to myself; Chen was a sweetheart no matter how much he worked. I wished he had better taste in friends though.

I lay there silently contemplating on whether or not I should get up and get ready for work. Deciding there was no way in hell I was going to deal with Kris’s constant nagging about being late, I climbed out of bed and got in the shower.

It was 5:45am when I finally finished my shower. I started heating water in the kitchen while I went into my room to change.

Struggling I pulled on a clean pair of skinny jeans and a red long sleeve shirt; I really need to lay off the Christmas treats mom keeps sending me. I yanked my boots on, my mittens, my beanie and my scarf and quickly made a cup of peppermint hot chocolate before walking out the door.

As I walked out the beginning of a small snow storm began. I quickly got in the car and made my way to work or as some say, hell on earth.

I work as the assistant manager at a small department store selling clothes with Kris who in fact is the manager. I would have been manager if he hadn’t been about nine months older than me.

I pulled into the parking lot and parked in the back lot. As I stepped out I fell on my due to the ice everywhere. Great. Now he can make fun of me all day for being clumsy.

I unlocked the door to the store and the lights. I went into our office (I have to share with that creep) and took my mittens off and set my unfinished hot chocolate down. I grabbed my clipboard and started making my way down the aisles of clothes, checking each brand of clothing off, writing numbers and all that nonsense.

I was moving some clothes around when I felt arms wrap around my waist and someone kiss my cheek and then my neck.

“Hey babe.” I heard Chen mumbled as he rested his head on my shoulder.

“I thought you weren’t going to make it today?” I asked distractedly picking at the labels on some shirts.

“Just because I can’t make it later doesn’t mean I can’t stop by for a few minutes and see the most amazing girl in the world does it?”

“ up.” I said a smile spreading across my face.

“Me a up? No. Not me.”

I rolled my eyes and pulled myself out of his arms, walking back towards the office, him trailing behind me.

As we stepped inside I noticed Kris out of the corner of my eye before settling in my seat. Chen followed, but instead sat on the corner of my desk.

“Hey.” Kris said bluntly to Chen.

“Hey! How goes it man?” Chen answers happily taking one of my pens and twirling it in his fingers.

Kris watched him for a moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter