Welcome back to Japan.

The Red Knot.

Note: I’ll try using small Japanese words when it is the language being used. For the last half of this chapter (and while in Japan) Korean is only spoken when Yumi and Nami are conversing together. You’ll know when Japanese is being used because there will be the small words. In later chapters, it should be very obvious when the language changes.

 


“Umma, let go of my hand,” I whine as YongGuk chuckles on the other side of me. Of course he’s on the right side, holding my hand and pulling my luggage behind him. I didn’t ask him too, but he demanded that he hold my right hand. Specifically the right one. “You’re acting like I’m a child.”

“But you’ve never been to Japan without me. I don’t really like the thought of you leaving. Not at all.”

I sigh and swing our hands. “You don’t act like this with Unni.”

“Yumi-yah is twenty-three. You’re still nineteen.”

“I’ll be twenty soon enough.”

Umma looks at me sadly. “You’re too quick to remind me.”

I clench my teeth in annoyance but Yongguk squeezes my hand lightly. “She’s just going to miss you. Okay? That’s all she means,” he whispers into my ear.

I grip his fingers and smile. He’s right.

“Of course,” he hums into my neck, “I’m going to miss you too.” He pecks the side of my head and begins to walk closer to me.

We get to the security area and I turn to around to face both of them. “I’ll be home soon,” I smile. Umma pouts childishly and YongGuk half-smirks.

“You call me when you land...okay?” she demands nicely.

“Promise,” I sooth into our hug.

“Don’t fall for any Japanese boys, arraso?” YongGuk winks.

I lean in to hug him as well. “You worry too much,” I giggle and he holds me away at arms length.

“You joke about it now...but-”

I lean forward and peck him on the nose. One, to shut him up and two, because Umma can’t pester me about it while I’m going through security.

He takes a step forward and kisses my mouth. His lips are incredibly soft and he moves slowly across mine. My hand creeps its way to his neck but he breaks apart from me. “No one else will kiss you like me,” he breathes into my mouth.

I’m dizzy and disoriented. It’s all his fault! I think.

I bite my bottom lip and nod. No one can give me this feeling but him.

Why would I leave him? Especially if I just found him.

YongGuk's POV



“What do you think of my daughter,” Ms. Lee asks me waving sweetly to her daughter.

Nami bunches up her nose and waves back cutely. I can’t help the smile tugging at my lips. “I’m kind of crazy about her.” Nami takes a step forward and trips, more than likely over a thread. “Head over heels.”

“Will you promise to take care of her, never hurt her?” Ms. Lee smiles between words, never taking her eyes off Nami.

“I could never. It would kill me.”



That plane ride was exhausting. I couldn’t sleep and the man next to me kept dropping his head onto my shoulder. You can only wake someone up so many times before you give up.

I look to my left and see him.

Yikes. He looks like a zombie. ...Maybe I should just get my bags and go.

“NAMI-YAH!” a voice screams as arms wrap around my neck.

“What the-? Unni? How did you...?”

“I know how to look up your landing time you pabo.” She scours the luggage carousel for the familiar red. “There it is! Let’s hurry, I’ve got someone I want you to meet.”

“Bwoh? Who is it?”

She giggles to herself. “You’ll see. Let’s hurry.”

We walk out the corridor and become face to face with a long-legged male. “Whoa, double take,” he awes in Japanese.

YuMi squishes her face to mine. “I know, we look a lot alike.”

“Identical.”

YuMi takes his waist between her arms and hugs him tightly. “Imoto-chan*, this is Hikato-kun*. We’re dating.” She kisses him sweetly on the cheek.

    **If you’re not familiar with Japanese, “Imoto” means little sister, “chan” is an honorific used typically for girls (sometimes boys if you are really close and are being cute) and “kun” is mostly used on males but is gender-less.

“I think you’re forgetting something else,” he chuckles kissing her hand revealing a ring.

“You’re...engaged?” I manage as my heart begins to give out.

“Hai*,” she smiles flawlessly.

     **Japanese for yes/understood/etc.

“That’s great,” I choke.

What am I going to do about HimChan? I have to tell him, but he’ll be heart-broken. I can’t keep this from him though. Not after all we’ve been through. Not after all of my assumptions. “Do you have a date yet?" I ask.

Yumi grins widely. “Not yet. I want to wait on deciding a date, at least until I tell Umma and Appa.”

“HimChan....” I mutter into my hand. My heart sinks deeper and deeper. I want Unni to be happy more than anything, but I also want that for my friend...and she’s still not glowing like she used to.

“Ah! We should get going,” Hikato says taking my larger bag. “You must be tired, and Yukiko-chan is excited to see you again.”

“Sado Yukiko?” I ask following YuMi to the lot and to the car.

“Un, she’s the reason I can live here. We’re roommates.” She opens the door for me and I buckle into my seat. “She’s been want to see you for a while now. I think Auntie told her something important for you.”

I lean back into my seat and stare at the Tokyo skyline as we pass by. It’s more detailed and heavy than Seoul’s, but still just as stunning.

“We’ll take the elevator today,” Unni smiles pressing the up button once we reach the complex. “I’m going to be a little busy tonight, but I’m sure you just want to sleep your jet-lag off.”

We get to the sixth floor and Unni hurries to unlock her door. “Tadah!” she yells throwing open the door. “It’s not much, but it’s home.”

I walk in with the two of them behind me.

“YuMi-neh? Is that you?” a soft voice asks.

I turn too quickly and nearly strangle myself with Hikato’s thread. It’s not attached to Yumi, not at all.

“Yukiko-chan, we’ve brought a guest!” YuMi sings.

I turn around to see a small girl with a soft expression. “Nami-chan.”

“Yukiko, it’s good to-” I’m stopped by a sudden and terrifying realization. I almost tripped over Hikato’s thread because it got tighter. It got tighter because his soul-mate was a room away. “Yukiko,” I repeat with a solemn expression.

She looks at me almost understandably. “Welcome back to Japan.”

A/N: this is really short, but it worked out nice because BAP just celebrated their #SevenMonthInvasion!!! ^o^ YAY BAP!~ I feel kinda bad for them because they are having a comeback soon (like two days after their goodbye stage) o_o' I want them to have a nice break. I love my boys, I want them to live...

In the beginning, Hikato was going to be a jerk...but I didn't have the heart for it. Please take care of my characters and understand that Yukiko is frail. I think you'll like her since she is very much like Nami (pretty selfless).

anyways~ thanks for reading, subbing and commenting/whatever it is you do/are doing ^^

--I'll fix the graphics later (where it becomes YongGuk's POV), I just really wanted to upload this today--

thank you~

Meng

@writingcrazed : I had the same reaction when I went back and proof read...I was like "You've had on your mind haven't you?" Not what I originally was going for but.../sighs Oh, I totally understand the poster thing ^^ don't worry about it lol

@pyjamagirl : thank you dear~ the word smitten never really crossed my mind, but I'm glad that you said it. I hope you will like these new characters too! ....I don't want it to end! I'm working on every possible way to add chapters ;-;

@Eunhwa86 : ah! Jello! He's like three or four chapters away OTL I already miss him ;^;      Weekly Idol (click "cc") : Part One Part Two asdfghjkl; it's great! /dies

@EunKiGfs : he really is...I died watching him on 'Weekly Idol'

@ieatrice : haha I want to keep the mom doing things like that ><