Anniversary

The Red Knot.

Nami glanced at the clock which read five past eight. It wasn’t too late, and YongGuk would soon be home...but the fact of the matter was she was just a bit anxious.

The faint ticking made every second weigh down on her, building up her impatient tendencies. After a good two minutes, she took the clock in her hands and undid the backing. A sigh of content escaped once she was left in silence. It was exactly what she needed to feel at peace. “Stay calm, Nami. He’ll be home soon.”

She sat down on the couch and laid her head against the armrest. Within no time, she was breathing softly and would have been in perfect time with the hushed timepiece, if the batteries weren’t sitting beside it. She was too far away in a deep sleep to notice the turning of locks or the creak of the door.trans.gif

The lights were off as usual, but what YongGuk found in his living room was not a familiar sight. Carefully, he tiptoed his way to his sleeping wife and crouched down next to her watching her dream. His lips curled into a smile before kissing the crown of her head lightly. “Nami~”

Her brow furrowed and mouth tightened ever so slightly.

This was his typical Nami...refusing to wake up even if he called her so sweetly. So, as he usually did, he lifted her up into his arms and carried her to their bedroom placing her gently on the bed. Her eyes fluttered open once he began slipping her under the covers. “Gukkie? What day is it?”

He chuckled at her combing her bangs from her face. “It’s day two thousand, one hundred and forty six.”

She smiled. He would often tell her how many days since they knew of their tie. “Not that.”

“Three hundred and fifty-six days since we got married.”

Her teeth bit down on her bottom lip. “The actual date Bang YongGuk...the date. I want to know the day of the week.”

“Oh, it’s Tuesday.” He pressed his nose against hers letting his breath hit softly. “You got off work early didn’t you?”

She nodded. “I asked them and they said it was fine.” Her excitement was so overpowering, she had a difficult time not shouting at him. “Remember that thing we talked about last week?”

He stared off into the darkness of the room as if it held all her thoughts. “You mean about me cutting my hours?”

She leaned forward and swatted at him. “No, not that.” Biting down on her tongue seemed to help her fight the giggles. “The other thing.”

He went blank. “The surprise party for GeeNa and TaeHoon?"

Her hands slid down his chin as she moved forward to kiss his lips. “Bigger.” He was lost for words but she just smiled planting lovely pecks on pouty mouth.

“Nami, I honestly can’t remember.” He kissed her back letting them share one deep embrace. Her arms wrapped around him hinting that he should lay down beside her. Once his jacket was off, he sprawled out alongside her and smiled stupidly. “You sure you’re remembering right and we talked about it last week? I don’t think we discussed anything ‘big.’”

She placed her head against his chest and listened to his heart for a moment. “I know we mentioned it. Not exactly a “discussion,” but we talked about it.”

The both of them stayed there. Fully clothed and undoubtedly waiting for the other to speak. “Nami, I don’t know. But are you okay? You’re home really early.”

Her shift ended around ten, so her waiting up for him was strange and only happened on her days off. “You can remember the exact amount of days we’ve know about being tied, but you can’t remember what we talked about five days ago?”

He held her threaded hand to his lips. “I’m sorry,” he muttered into her palm before lacing their fingers.

She rolled on top of him and tilted her head. “Think about the guest room."

“You said you wanted to paint it yellow.”

She sighed and pressed her ear to him again. “Now there are three heart beats.”

For a moment the world stopped. YongGuk lifted himself forward holding his wife in his arms. “You’re pregnant? I’m going to be...a father? We're going to be parents?!”

She giggled uncontrollably shaking her head yes as he held her face in his hands. “I got off work so I could tell you. I found out today.”

A wide smile stretched across his face and he felt down to her stomach. “I can’t believe it, we’re going to be parents! Is it a boy or a girl?”

“YongGuk! I’m not that far along.” Their lips met again but the two were laughing and smiling too much for an actual kiss. What they shared was much more than that. It was the silence and excitement that came with being too happy to speak. In a moment they could exchange expressions with more meaningful than a three hour conversation.

“Does anyone know yet?” He asked bending down to examine her stomach.

“Some people at work suspect. I had to give hints so that I could get off, but you’re the first to officially know. Other than me.”

He hugged her around the middle which made her burst into laughter. “Guk, it’s not but a few weeks along.” He pecked a spot of skin below her belly button and smiled. “Doesn’t matter.” He raised himself to catch her lips briefly. “This is the greatest anniversary gift, even if it’s a week early.”

The two exchanged sneaky grins before shouting:
“Let’s tell HimChan.”
“Let’s tell Yumi.”


Each took a phone in their hand and dialed the numbers of the other couple.

“Unni?”
“HimChan-ssi?”


“Do you know what time it is? We just put RiNa to sleep and now the baby’s whining.” The faint cry of an infant could be heard over the nagging of the older couple. “Mr. and Mrs. Bang, look what you’ve done!”

““We’re pregnant!””

“ABOUT TIME!” Yumi yelled into the ears of the others. Her husband looked at his phone in disbelief. “YongGuk-ssi, Yumi and Nami-ya are sisters...there are a few things I need to teach you about hormones.”

The Bang couple sat on their bed listening as HimChan squealed under the wrath of his wife. “Yeobo, I love you though! Honest. How about we have a third? Yumi? … Nuna?” a concerning muffled noise ruffled against the phone before the calls dropped.

“You think he’s okay?” YongGuk asked looking to his wife.

“Yumi is either going to let him have it, or they’re going to try for a third. You never know with them.”

YongGuk snickered wrapping himself around her. “Maybe we should try for a second.”

She reached for his chin as he began lifting above her. Her thumb rolled over his bottom lip teasing him, disallowing him to kiss her. “You know, we can’t try for a second baby if I’m pregnant with the first right?”

He ran his lips along the outline of simply breathing in her scent. As his nose bumped into her, she began to feel more and more warm. Her fingertips drew circles into his jaw and she chucked against his mouth. “Happy early anniversary.”

A/N:

Seriously guys, if you like this story line...stay subscribbed. I'm not sure about the furture, but I had no idea that I was going to write this. I was just sitting in my room and all of a sudden, BAM -more like Bang keke- Gukkie feels hit me in the face like metro's doors, except this time it was much more pleasant. /sigh/ I wrote this fairly quickly and get the feeling that maybe...maybe it'll happen again. I'm unsure, but I do miss this story and I feel that they're is still material to work with.

Guuuuuuuuuys (ladies included), if you enjoy this story half as much as I enjoy writting it, not to say that I'm an awesome writer...but damn this YongGuk feels...don't be like the five or six people that un-subscribbed. OH-HOOOO yes, I did notice...and no...I have no idea who you are, but that was your choice.

Hopefully I'll do something like this again.

image

Because I think everyone knows how much I love Bang and the folk tale of the red threads is by far the sweetest thing I've ever found.

-not to brag...omg...I'm not trying to brag...don't hate me OTL i'm just crazy excited-
BUT IS ANY ONE GOING TO SEE B.A.P?! YOU NEED TO MESSAGE ME! BECAUSE THIS BABY IS GOING.... ^O^

 

-Meng