do you ever feel connected?

The Red Knot.

“So speed is distance multiplied by time?”

“Yes.”

“Then what is velocity?” I tap my pencil to my chin.

“Speed and direction.”

“But when will I use direction?”

“On the exam.”

I roll my eyes at his smart alec comment. “Geeze, show me something else. I get this already.”

“You have to know that basics clearly before you jump off a cliff.”

“What kinda-”

“Hush~” he covers my mouth. “This is a library.”

I try not to notice the hoard of people staring. I guess I would too if a girl was freaking out...and her tutor had purple hair. Actually it’s faded a lot...and it really suits him. Black bangs and roots with blondish-purple hair, it’s messy and a bit misleading, but it looks good on him.

“Read the prompt and write the correct equation.”

“Zelo rides his skate-”

“Do it in your head.”

I make a face and begin to write out the equation. I scratch at the bottom part and hear a grunt from YongGuk. “What? Wrong already?”

He takes his red pen and circles the top. “This part is correct, but down here.” He draws an arrow to the bottom portion. “And this...” he points out what I’ve written at the bottom and then marks at it. “It’s nonsense.”

“Whaaaah-t?!”

“Sh...you’re going to get us kicked out.”

I lower my voice. If he doesn’t show me the corrections and give me an explanation right now, I’ll round-house-kick him into the next semester.

Toward the end of our study session I look at my phone and stand straight into the air. I missed five messages from HimChan and a call. Just my luck.

“You can call him back in a minute. This is still important.”

I scrunched my nose to him and sit back down. “You’re no fun. Why can’t you be like HimChan?” I mutter the last part. If he were HimChan, he would let me get my phone for sure.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.”

“Never mind.” WHY CAN’T YOU GIVE ME A BREAK?!

“I’ll treat you to tea after this.”

I drop my pencil. “Chincha? No lying?”

“Finish this last one. You’re almost done.”

I hurry to scribble the answer.

“We’ll go over the last half tomorrow.”

I die. “Last half? Tomorrow? There’s more?!”

“You didn’t think this was all did you? I’ve only covered the first three weeks. There’s still a lot more and it gets even more complicated from here.”

I bang my head on the table. “Ugh.”



I order ice tea and sit down in my armchair. Just what I need after frying my brain.

“Snuggling in?” YongGuk teases and I pull my lips into a snarl. “Hey, I’m just readying you for the test. You do want that, right?”

I sigh. “I guess. You just seem to be getting too much amusement from this. Are you a sadist or something?”

He leans forward and motions for me to do the same. His fingers wrap around my chin and he jerks me around from side to side. “You have to keep this from HimChan-ah and Zelo-yah. Arraso?”

My eyes widen. “Chincha?!”

“Nami-shi...ani...it was a joke. Calm down.”

My cheeks flush and I try my best to steady my heart rate. “Yah! What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?”

He leans backwards into his chair. “You don’t like coffee, do you?”

“...I can’t drink it. It makes me sick. How did you...?”

“We’ve been to this coffee shop a few times and you always get tea. They’re known to have the best coffee in Seoul and you get tea diluted by ice.” He takes a sip of his tea. “How does it make you sick?”

“I think it’s the caffeine. I get really bad headaches that make me throw up.” I bit my lip. “TMI...I know. Sorry.”

“Ani, that’s fine. I was really curious. I wasn’t sure if you just didn’t like coffee or what.” He smiles so brightly that his eyes turn into slits. “I bet your favorite color is teal.”

Okay, now that is weird. Borderline stalker...creepy. “How do you know that?”

“You wear it everyday. It’s just a pattern.”

I look at my nails. I guess I wear this polish a lot, and my backpack is teal. When I first met them...I was wearing a teal dress. HOW DOES HE NOTICE THESE THINGS?! I glare at him. “Are you a mind reader?”

He shakes his head. “Ani, I just pay attention. That’s all.”

There’s an awkward silence and he turns in his chair. “Come on, I want to show you something.”

I start to get up but glance at my phone. I still haven’t messaged HimChan about the time this weekend. Maybe when I get home.... I follow YongGuk and squeeze through the opening he’s made by opening the door. “Where are we going?”

“It’s a secret.”

I roll my eyes. Is he trying to act cute now? It’s a bit late...three hours of Physics too late! He looks over my shoulder and points down the street. “It’s that way,” he directs, tickling my face.

“This way?” I ask pointing my arm to the right.

He takes my wrist and begins to drag me down the street. “Come on, you won’t want to miss it.”

I try my best to keep up without hitting things unnecessarily. Might as well strap a leash to me, it’d have the same effect. We get to a grassy space and he spins me around.

“Look at the buildings closely.” He pushes me lightly to the left and then pulls to the right so I can see more clearly. I watch as the glass windows of skyscrapers change colors with the clouds and sun.

“Omo, it’s beautiful.”

“It only works an hour before sunset.”

I feel the sun’s heat behind me as I gaze at its skyline painting. “YongGuk-shi, do you ever feel connected?”


A/N: It's short....more so than last time ;^; sorry! I'm feeling a bit under the weather this heat is getting to me. Sadly this will be my last update for a week or so...so.......OTL please forgive me. I'll try to write while I'm gone~ because I'm actually excited to write about her date with HimChan. I've got a few things in mind, but if anyone that knows BAP way better has suggestions or advice lemme know ^^~

Thank you for reading! chu~

Meng