Even the king!

The Red Knot.

Photobucket

“Nami-yah~” GeeNa sings.

It takes me a moment to come to my senses. I’m seriously distracted by what happened this past weekend, to the point that I’m walking home with GeeNa and TaeHoon and not studying for my final with YongGuk. Oh crap. I’m supposed to be studying with YongGuk. CRAP!

“Nami-shi!” TaeHoon bellows and I stare at him wide-eyed. He never uses this voice with me unless it’s about a guy. “What’s wrong with you?”

I blink. “Heh, personally wrong...nothing, no...haha I’m...fine?”

“TaeHoon go away,” GeeNa sighs and shoos him. “Girl talk, so buzz off.” He reluctantly leaves and then she turns to me. “Nami-yah, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I say too quickly. “I’m late for a study session with YongGuk. My Physics final is this Friday.”

“Yeah...that can wait a few minutes. What really up?” Her eyes burn holes into mine.

“Nothing’s up.”

“Oh, well then, how was your date with HimChan Saturday?”

My whole body goes numb. Am I really that transparent? “It was fine.”

She huffs getting annoyed with me. “Nami-yah, what is going on?”

I swallow before deciding my tactics for telling her. “When he broke with you, it wasn’t just out of the blue...was it?”

“Well actually I called it off because...wait, he broke up with you?”

I have no choice but to spill. “I look at it as more of a break since he said we rushed into it.”

“But you two didn’t even kiss!” I cover . That’s the kind of thing I don’t want everyone knowing about.

“GeeNa-ya, hush.”

She removes my hand and then motions for me to sit down at a bench with her. She looks upset but is holding herself together scarily well. “Back when I was dating HimChan, we had a lot of fun. He gave me a flower everyday and would write me a short note about our date. He said it was so that I could pin it up and remember our outing. After a while though, I was the only one having fun. He started to shut himself off from me and it frightened me.

“I used to hope that things would change, but they didn’t. After a while he would avoid me even though we were neighbors. He would see me around the block and start walking slower or pretend he left something back from wherever he came. We were still kinda together, but slowly he just left me. I was really upset.

“About a week after not talking to him, I knocked on his door and his umma yelled something like ‘You’re girlfriend is here!’ He ran around the corner and yelled ‘Nuna!’ When he saw me, I was in pure shock. He wasn’t seeing anyone else. I checked.

“We tried one more date, but then at dinner he called me Nuna again.” She looked at me with tears streaming down her face. “Nami-yah, don’t wait for him. He’s not coming back.”

“But GeeNa, he is. I know he is.” Why did I say it out loud? I can’t explain to her the red threads.

“Nami-yah!” she cries with tears so heavy she couldn’t see. “I loved him and waited. I even tried again and he still didn’t want to be with me.” She wipes her face. “I’ve been waiting this whole time,” she croaked. “He’s not coming back to me! And he’s not coming back to you! THERE’S SOMEONE ELSE!”

I can’t do this anymore, she’s making me want to cry with her.

“I’m not going to tell TaeHoon, and I’ll be there Saturday, but you need to not think about HimChan anymore. Don’t expect more than friendship.” Her words are really heavy and sting.

“I’ve got to go. YongGuk is waiting.” I pat her on the back. “Sarang, saranghaeyo~”

“Aishi, aieru yo.” she mumbles smiling up at me. “Promise me you won’t chase this heartache?”

Unfortunately, this is just something I can’t promise. I can’t give up in him. He’s my soul mate.

Photobucket

“What’s the answer to number six if you multiply the speed by half?” YongGuk questions.

“I dunno you-”

“Wrong answer. It’s standing still. What’s the answer to eight?”

“YongGuk-shi!” He gives me a b*tchface stare. “Why are you like this?”

“I dunno, maybe because the exam is four days away and you skipped out on studying yesterday...without telling me.”

I rest the side of my face onto my fist and turn away. I can’t exactly look at him. “Sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t going to help you pass.” He pulls my review sheet across the table and looks at my answers. “We’ll take a break in fifteen minutes, but then continue for another two hours. Call your umma if you need to.”

I drop all of my weight onto the table top. “Chincha?”

“Do I look like I’m laughing?” I turn to him and he just ignores me looking over my answers.

“I have other exams.”

He smirks. “No you don’t. I asked GeeNa and she said you already had them. Said you aced them to be exact.”

I clench my fist. She is so going down. “YongGuk-shi, why are you being like this?” I fake cry.

“Well, I could just leave and study more difficult material without you.” He gets up and I jump across the table and grab his wrist.

“Aniya! That was a joke. I’m kidding. YongGuk-shi, I need your help!”

He snorts out a single laugh. “Then do the equations.”

Photobucket

“Nami-shi!”

“What is it?” I groan. It’s day three of studying and I think I might kill someone that disturbs my peace. “What do you want from me?” I turn to see that it’s none other than Zelo. “What are you doing on campus?”

“I’m on my way to find Hyung. Why else?” he laughs.

“I mean, what about school?”

He looks at me and frowns. “You know that it’s break right? Started a few days ago.”

My eyes widen.  “Oh, I forgot you’re in middle school.”

“Hey, I’m a high schooler now.”

I chuckle at him and pull his hat down over his eyes. “Yeah right. Only when you return to school in a few weeks and have your entrance ceremony. Then you’ll be a high schooler. A freshman at that.”

He lunges forward to make a harmless attack. His arms wrap around my waist and he lifts me into the air over his shoulder. “Didn’t know a middle schooler could do that, did ya?”

“Zelo-shi, no matter how much I like looking at your back...please put me down.”

“Nuh-uh. Take it back.”

“Ze~lo-yah!”

“Hey! You there!” Oh no. “Put her down!”

I look up as Zelo turns to him. I’ve only caught a glimpse of him. “Zelo-shi!”

“Oh, Annyohaseyo...Zelo imnida...uh, you are?”

“So you’re the boy Nami-shi’s been seeing so much? Just who are you? Are you dating my Nami-shi?”

I get a bad taste in my mouth. His? “TaeHoon-ah! Who said I was your Nami? You’re not even my Oppa! I’m older than you too!” I can almost hear him roll his eyes.

“Well are you or are you not the boy Nami-shi is dating? You don’t look like a middle school student.”

“TAEHOON-AH! Leave him alone!”

“Answer me.”

Zelo’s fingers grip my ankles. “Ani, I’m not dating Nami-neh. She’s like a Nuna to me.”

“You still don’t look like a middle schooler.”

“TAEHOON-AH! Stop interrogating him! He’s graduating soon and he’s just crazy tall. That’s all. Leave him alone.”

“Nami-neh, who is this guy?”

My best friend’s fated, her soul mate, future love...THE GUY THAT WON’T LEAVE ME ALONE. “A childhood friend. Zelo-yah, meet my overbearing friend TaeHoon-ah. You can see why I’ve tried to keep you from him.”

“Uh huh, thank you for that.”

I hear heavy footsteps but my head really feels light. All the blood has rushed to it, but everything is cloudy and a bit fuzzy. Are those really footsteps? “Nami-shi?” A deep voice, belonging to the feet?, asks.

“Uh, dae?”

Hands enclose around my waist and lift me upwards and around until I’m resting against something not so soft, but at least it smells good. “Zelo-yah, what have I told you about hanging people upside down?”

“Oh, sorry. Nami-neh, sorry.”

“Ani, don’t worry,” I smile with my eyes closed. I press my face against the body, the fabric smells so nice.

“Hyung, let’s go for ice-cream. I think the sugar will help Nami-neh a bit.”

I’m carried half the way to the ice-cream parlor before I tell YongGuk I can walk on my own. “What’s that ajusshi’s problem?” Zelo asks as I link arms with him and rest the side of my head to his shoulder.

“TaeHoon thinks he’s in love with me. He always has.” I laugh to myself. “I bet he was making a stupid face when you two just walked away with me.”

Zelo confirms my derpy suspicions but demonstrating the face. “What do you mean thinks he’s in love?”

I sigh. “When you’re older you’ll understand the difference between loving someone because you care about them and loving someone because you’re in love. Eventually TaeHoon-ah will learn too.”

We order our ice-cream, but YongGuk takes longer deciding, so Zelo an I sit down without him. “Nami-neh, can I ask something?” Zelo asks leaning across the table. I nod. “Do you still like HimChan-Hyung?”

I purse my lips. Of course I do. He’s my soul mate. “Very much.”

He smiles. “Good. I think he just needs a break. Like a chance to breathe. I mean, we met you what...not even two months and you see one of the three of us everyday. I think, after being so far from dating for so long, he was just kinda shocked. Give him time. He’ll come back.”

I grin taking a bite of my ice-cream. “I think so too.” My pinky finger begins to tug. I look from Zelo to YongGuk and then the knot. It usually follows us when we’re in a group, but not today. Anyways, it really doesn’t feel like a pull, more like it’s relaxing a little.

The bell chimes and a girl with a pale pink dress walks in. “Oh, Oppa!” She runs up to YongGuk and taps her heels against the floor.

“This little snot?” Zelo sneers and I look back to her.

“I don’t think I get what’s going on.”

He drops his spoon into his cup. “This is a distant cousin of YongGuk. She always barges in on us. It’s so annoying. She’s only eleven too.”

“But you’re fifteen. There’s not that much of a difference.”

“But the maturity.”

It takes my all not to burst into laughter.

“All she does is follow him around and dote on him. Completely oblivious to anyone else around  him. She says stuff like ‘Oppa, will you go out with me?’ You can tell it’s a joke...but it’s kinda not.”

Sounds a little like someone I know.

“Anyway, back to HimChan. Don’t give up, YongGuk and I are really cheering for you. YongGuk even said that you too look like you belong together. No joke.”

I smile. “Chincha?”

“Yeah, but if you don’t want him back, you can always date me.”

I push his forehead away from me jokingly.

“Zelo-Oppa, annyo!” the little girl waves.

I notice the knot of thread behind her. So familiar.

“Danhae-yah, what’s up?” he replies.

“Who is this Unni?” she asks taking a seat next to me. “You’re not dating my Oppa, are you? That’s against the rules.”

“Anni, what rules?”

“You better not, and YongGuk-Oppa is my groom.” She scoops a bit of ice-cream and shovels it into . “Oppa is going to marry me.”

I chuckle at the girl. No matter how childish it is, she’s totally adorable with her pigtails. “Chincha? What kind of wedding are you doing to have?”

“Dae, a huge wedding with everyone from Korea. Even the king!”

I look to Zelo, the king?

He shrugs a don't-ask-me so I don’t.

YongGuk sits down across from me.

“Oppa?”

“Dae, Danhae-yah?

“Do you like Unni? You better not!”

He laughs at her and then looks at me. “Only a little. Nothing like I do my Danhae-yah.”

She giggles to herself and then stops, becoming serious again. “But Unni is pretty.”

“Dae, very pretty, but she’s meant to be with HimChan-yah.”

“HimChan-Oppa? He’s very handsome.”

YongGuk pokes her in the side. “Yah, what about me?”

“No one compares to my Oppa," she muses to herself.

I smile at the scene while I can. This is a side of YongGuk I’ve never seen before. Unfortunately in less than an hour he will be making me recite things I don’t understand. At least I can enjoy myself, and knowing that he and Zelo are cheering on me and HimChan...that makes everything sweeter.

Photobucket

I MISSPELLED HER NAME IN THE STORY FEED! /sobs

Anyways, hope you liked it and I'm sorry it took me so long to update ;_; it felt like forever for me (only 4 days). Anyways I'll update soon. (hope)

Thanks for reading/commenting/subbing/what-ever-you-Babyz-do! *hugs*

 

if you Babyz want to read a cute BAP gender-bender, here is one! By none other than our lovely-fox-shi! Show some love please for her first fic ^^

(image is a link ^^)

@laurenmeg10 : don't kill HIM-chan.../otl /lame-attempt-at-joke. I'm not sure if this matters but I was considering having Nami call him Hime-Chan because in Japanese it means Ms. Princess. XD but I couldn't make it fit o-o

 

@pyjamagirl : stubborn in her quest for LOVE! (> O▽O)> lol

 

@Snipesesness : Not wrong at all. And thank you so very much ^^ /extra-tight-hug