Exhaustion.

The Red Knot.

thread-1.jpg

“Nami?” a voice coes into my neck. I take my time to reply. His lips press to my skin and I pull him closer.

“Is nap time up?” I question.

“We should go to get the girls soon. I said I’d be back for them around eight and it’s nearly nine.”

I jump up. “It’s that late?! I slept that much? I can’t believe I did that!”

YongGuk chuckles at me. “You slept like a baby.”

I roll into my side. “You didn’t watch me sleep the whole time. Did you?”

He takes my hands and presses them to each other. “Perhaps.” He kisses my knuckles and I blush a crimson color. I stumble to change the topic.  ”W…we should go get the girls.”

“You slept through our date, I think you, miss Lee Nami owe me something.”

I jump up and kick my feet over the side of the bed.  Wait, I slept in his bed?  You’re kidding me right?! I race to the nearest room and shut the door.  Damn, he always has a way of making me flustered. “Nami~you can come out.  I’m not actually going to do anything.”

I take a look around noticing that I’ve made my way to the bathroom. “I need to wash my face,” I call through the door.

“Yah! Then I’m coming in.” The door swings open and he leans against the frame. “I have an extra toothbrush if you want it.”

I splash a bit of cold water to my face.  ”Are you trying to say something?”

He leans over me taking a box from the cupboard next to me.  He totally could have just walked around me, but that’s not the point he’s trying to get across.  ”Here,” he puts a small amount of toothpaste on the new toothbrush and wets it.  ”Say ah~! ”

I do as I’m told and he brushes my teeth.

“This is a bit awkward on someone larger.”

I cough.  ”Excuse me?”

“Oh, I meant your not as small as DanYi.” He chuckles before letting me spit. When he isn’t looking I take what I assume to be his toothbrush and do the same to him. The both of us laugh while cleaning the other’s teeth. “I just knew you were going to do that,” he manages with a mouth full of paste.  

We rinse and when he stands up I punch his cheeks. “Look at you~” I joke. “Such a good boy!”

He wears a cheeky grin before grabbing my waist and kissing me. His mint tastes so much sweeter. I nearly melt in his hands.

“Sorry, you missed some toothpaste.”

I bite at my lips and he take notice.

“Were you not done?” he teases leaning into me. “Because I have no complaints.” He makes a pouty face and I hold my hand up to him.

“You wish.”

“You’re right. I do.” He wraps his arms around my body, lifting me effortlessly like a princess. “But I have some sort of self-control.”

My arms latch around his neck and he chuckles as I look down to the floor. “Now you’re as tall as me,” he whispers into my neck.

“Is this how I ended up in your bed?” I question.

“Neh. You fell asleep on the floor. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I just left you there?”

I peck the side of his cheek. “Arigato.”

“We should go get Zelo and the girls now,” he mumbles. My hand finds the opposing cheek and turns his face to look at mine before forcing him into one last kiss. His grip on me slips but I tighten around his neck. His tongue reaches mine and I situate myself better against him. “We really do need to go,” he sighs breaking away.

I groan a little hopping down from his arms. “If you say so.”

 

“Oppa!” a voice shouts as we open the door.

“Hyung, you’ve come back for me!” We both look to Zelo who is sitting in a pile of origami papers.  About half of the papers are folded while the others are just laying in him in a crumbled mess.

“Curly-oppa isn’t very good,” DanYi sighs playing with her firework. She turns the paper inside and out looking a bit disappointed and huffy.

“What happened?” I ask sitting my bag on the floor.

“DanYi-yah…” Zelo manages with a blank expression. “I can only try so many times before I have to give up. I’m just not able to make you flowers.”

She holds her hand up to him. “I don’t wanna hear it.”

I look to YongGuk and bust out laughing. “You mean to tell me that sweet DanYi-yah did that to you?!” His eyes droop downward and I can’t look at him any longer. I can’t believe that she is so terrorizing. “Hyung, I’m so glad this is your family and not mine.”

I fall to the floor.

“Nami, are you okay?” YongGuk’s hand rubs a small circle into my back.

I catch my breath and press my head to the ground. I just can’t suppress this. It’s too ironic. If the threads weave well, DanYi should be his sister-in-law. If he doesn’t do anything stupid defying fate, him and I will be family. Hopefully.

YongGuk tries to help me up but I just lean into giving him a hug. “I’ll explain later,” I giggle. “DanYi-ah, I think it’s time to say goodbye to Auntie. Oppa will take you home.”

“Awwww,” she pouts. “I didn’t get to see much of Unnie today though!”

I look around and point to myself. “Me?”

She nods. “You and quiet Unni too.”

I turn to YongGuk.

“You two can stay the night too if you’d like. There’s a guest room and couch for me.”

“I wanna stay too!” Zelo shouts.

“At DanHae and DanYi-yah’s house?” YongGuk adds.

We watch as the boy’s spirit drains from his body. “On second thought..I have homework.”

“YAY! SLEEPOVER!” DanYi yells and I clap my hands together. The both of us are too busy lost in excitement to notice that DanHae has yet to say a word. “Where is silent-Unnie?”

Surprisingly, the front door opens and three bodies pile into the doorway, collapsing against the floor. “I think I might die,” Yukiko mutters as YongGuk helps her up. “Kansanhamnida.” She begins to walk on her own but trips. I can’t tell if it was the threads or pure exhaustion.

“Watchout!” YongGuk lifts her effortlessly and cradles her in his arms. “Where is she sleeping tonight?”

I point to my room and the takes her there. Umma just shakes her head as the two small girls crane their necks trying to see better.

“Yumi-chan, give me your arm.”

“No, I’m fine. I’ll just sleep in the floor for now.”

I look at the couple that seems to be making a fuss. Hikato clenches his jaw looking really annoyed, but at what, I’m not sure. “Yumi-chan, you can’t sleep here. It’s bad for your health.”

“No, no…it’s fine. I’ve come home drunk enough to know a comfortable position in this hallway.” This is very true. Her first year of college was a bit messy, and then she started it up again right before she left for Japan. I guess it was because she wasn’t sure if leaving was the right thing to do, and HimChan.

“I don’t like when you drink,” Hikato says shortly.

“Hun, get used to it,” she laughs. “I’m known for getting drunk and passing out while in Seoul.”

He looks at her and rolls his eyes. “Common’ we’ve got a lot to do.”

YongGuk comes back from my room and helps Hikato with Unnie. I’m not quick enough to notice what the boy mutters in Japanese, but I can tell it’s not pretty. From the scowl to his tone, I can assume he’s p-ssed.

“Oppa, don’t forget about us!” DanYi says with the blankest expression. She looks completely confused, but very aware that something is going on.

“I’ll be right back. Nami, could you start getting them together?”

I kneel down to the table and ask what papers they are keeping and which are scraps. “Unni made me a firework!” DanYi smiles pushing the toy to my face.

“Omo, DanHae-yah…this is so great! Make me one next time please?”

She looks at me still upset.

“Oh stop being a brat and promise to make her one! Your dearly beloved Oppa is allowed to date. It’s not like he can marry his cousin.”

I want so badly to smack Zelo. He’s not helping the situation.

“Yah! JunHong, you can’t even make a simple lotus.” Umma hits him on the head with loose origami papers. “You don’t know the ways of a girl’s heart. Until you can make beautiful flowers, you shouldn’t talk about relationships.”

“Auunt——ieeee.”

The door to my room shuts and we all look up to see YongGuk with a exasperated expression. “I have GOT to get you three home. It’s nearly ten.”

I button up DanYi’s jacket and walk her towards the door.

“Is Unni staying the night?”

I bend down to her level and hold her face in my hands. “I’ve got to stay home and take care of Quiet-Unnie, Pretty-Unnie and her boyfriend. I’ll see you soon enough though.”

The small girl pouts but holds up a pinkie finger. “Promise?”

I take it with mine and seal it with our thumbs. “Promise.”

thread-1.jpg

A/N: /UGLYSOBBING
Next chapter I hit the "Mark Story Complete" button. And I'll be sobbing the whole time.

Forget that I've got two Epilogues I'm working on. Just forget them. Because I'm going to be crying so hard. I've been working on this for what seems like a lifetime, not five months.

I just.

I'm a creyingbaby. CREYING.

I think I'm going to upload chapter 31 Friday or Saturday (promise for one of those days...PROMISE). I think it's much longer than the amount I usually write. There are 3 POVs. Any guesses to the POVs?

Here's the link to my new story >>The Kissing Effect<<
I haven't started uploading anything yet, I want to wait and focus on The Red Knot, but I wanted to open a link for it if anyone was interested. I'll work on graphics this weekend. Too invested in the final chapter. It's crazy messy (because I decided to add the other members)........

@toowhiteforkpop: I'm not going to lie....I was tootttalllllllly thinking about making it , or making a ty oneshot to add/link to, but I couldn't make it fit. D:< like at alll......no mater how hard I tried...

It just didn't fit nor work. OTL
I also promised myself when I decided to write this...NO ...but sometimes I think you can see my ty tendencies.

@Gbbi15: /uglysobbing
You have no idea.
I don't think I've ever been so invested in one fic. ever.
BUT I'VE GOT THE TWO EPILOGUE CHAPTERS!! ...after the final chapter, 31.......

@ieatrice: a half YongGuk? I think I would have reacted much differently than telling him to put on a shirt.

Oh...this reply could get inappropriate FAST.