Throwing Punches

The Red Knot.

“Nami-chan, are you wearing that?” Yumi asks running past me.

“Is it not good?”

She continues brushing her hair and fixing it into a bun. “You’ve got something yellow on the side.”

I turn and look into the mirror. “DanYi-YAH!” Everything that I do to get rid of the stain fails. “Unnie, you’re going to have to leave without me. I’ll have YongGuk come get me. I knew this wouldn’t work out well.”

“Seems like you planned this," she smirks.

“Honestly, I don’t know how DanYi’s chalk from yesterday got all over my dress.” I swipe through my phone looking for YongGuk.

“Yeboseo?”

“Ah! Guk-shi, do you think you can pick me up and take me to the gallery? I was going to go with Umma and Unnie, but it seems that I need to change.”

He coughs on the other end. “Do you think you could unlock the door then?”

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. “...Wait, you’re here?!” I slowly back out of my room which has been filled with two frantic girls with the occasional fiance and umma walking past.

“I seriously thought that I was picking you up,” YongGuk explains as I open the door for him.

“Three minutes!” Unnie yells in Japanese.

I hear Yukiko shriek and give a look to YongGuk. “Don’t even go back there. It’s a war zone.”

“Oh, what’s wrong with your dress?” he asks looking for the stain. I turn around and point at the yellow hand on my hip. “I assume DanYi-yah did this yesterday when she ran in for candy.”

“I told you we should just take them home after the park. Their parents came back yesterday anyways,” he laughs.

“Yah! Don’t laugh at me. I don’t have anything else to wear that’s clean. I’ll have to look through my closet.”

He rests hand at the stain and trails his fingers up my side. My breathing halts as our eyes connect.

“Ichi!!*
 

**This means one in Japanese


“We’re leaving now!” Umma yells out to the house. “The gallery owners can only stall so much. Leave as you are.”

The four of them filter out of the apartment and down to the car.

“Now I can look for something different,” I smile tugging YongGuk with me. “You should help me. I’m no good at formal occasions.”

He grabs my wrist spinning me into him. “You really think that I’m going to be any help?*” His breath is hot against my skin. I want to reply back but I can’t. Instead I let my hand fall to his chest and push him away gently.

**I wanted to add "I'd rather get you out of your clothes" here...ohhh geeze....


“Alright, but help me with the zipper.” I pull out a new dress, probably too formal for the occasion. Turning my back to him, he pulls the tongue of the zipper down and kisses the lowest part of my hairline softly. I pretend not to take notice. There’s no time for this.

Once I slip into the black formfitting dress I return for him to fix the back. He takes his time with each button, breathing slowly into my neck. “YongGuk, stop,” I beg. He finishes and folds his arms over me. For a moment I’m okay with being spoiled and then I remember the time crunch. “Ah! We’ve got to go!”

“Aish, okay...I get it.”

I have a bit of trouble with the directions but we make it to the gallery just in time.

“So, how did that stain get on your dress?” GeeNa asks when she finds YongGuk and me. Unni must have told her.

“I was at the park with YongGuk-shi and the girls yesterday. DanYi-yah begged to come back and see Umma. I guess my dress was sitting out and she got chalk all over it.”

GeeNa stifles a laugh. “You just got back two days ago and you’re running around with children.”

“Yah! I love those girls. But, really...I’m just lucky to have this spare.”

GeeNa looks at the dress and then to YongGuk. “You sure it isn’t too y? I don’t know if YongGuk-shi and hold himself back.”

I look down at the lace detail and remember the button incident. She’s right. “It’s all I have.”

She raises an eyebrow and begins to walk away.

“Yah!”

“Nami-yah..when is Yumi-shi coming out?” TaeHoon asks quickly.

“Should be soon. It’ll probably be a short introduction.”

He sighs. “Good. This guy keeps eyeing GeeNa-yah and I’m not sure how to shake him.”

I look around. “Where?”

“The guy in the blue. Normally I would just talk to him, but she made me promise not to act out anymore.”

I chuckle to myself. He’s whipped. He’s so whipped. “I’ll go talk to him.” TaeHoon smiles widely and thanks me. “YongGuk, you told HimChan the opening was tomorrow right?”

“Yeah, the twenty-fifth.”

I turn on my heel. “Today’s the twenty-fifth.”

“Oh, then I told him the twenty-sixth.” He brushes my bangs out of my face. “Don’t worry. I told him the opening was tomorrow. There's no way that I’d want my best friend to walk in on something like this.”

I sigh. “As long as you’re sure.”

I couldn't bare the thought of HimChan running into Unnie, especially when she’s about to announce her marriage proposal. “What are we doing right now?” YongGuk asks.

“TaeHoon says that this guy keeps eyeing GeeNa. I was going to tell him to try someone else. TaeHoon and GeeNa are finally making progress after all this time. I’m not going to let some guy mess it up.” We find the boy looking at one of Unni’s paintings.

“Excuse me~” I sing to him.

“Ah, yeh?”

I bite the inside of my cheek. I really don’t want to make a fool of myself or embarrass anyone, but I’m doing this for fate and love...right?

“I’m going to be completely frank. Have you been checking out my best-friend?”

He looks at me, dumbfounded.

“She is gorgeous, but if you’re not the guy that keeps looking at her...I might have to ask everyone here then come back to you.” I watch as he tries to speak.

YongGuk takes over. “She’s asking about the girl in the blue floral dress. Are you interested in her?”

The boy nods his head.

“Okay. We’ve found you,” he laughs. “Now on a serious note, that girl’s boyfriend has a terrible temper. We’re only over here asking that you step down because we don’t want anyone hurt.”

The boy just stares at YongGuk.

“Island-boy!”

We turn around to see the owner of the voice.

“Busanie~ What’s up?”

“Nothing much. I’m surprised to see you outside of school. That are you doing here? Art isn’t really your forte.”

My head is spinning. Did this brunette just call YongGuk Island Boy?

“I’m a friend of the artist. We’re kinda like family.”

I pinch his side. They are not that close.

“I’m just kidding. DaeHyun-ah, this is my girlfriend Lee NaMi...she’s the sister of the artist.”

DaeHyun looks at me and I can’t help but be struck by his good looks. He’s just so...

A warm sensation starts at my fingertips and ends at my cheek. It takes me half a second to come to my senses and see that YongGuk is kissing the side of my face.

“Busanie, what are you doing here?” he asks tightening his grip around my waist.

“Ah, I’m here with my best friend.” DaeHyun pulls the boy to his side. “Everyone this is Yoo YoungJae, YounJae-yah this is Bang YongGuk Hyung and his girlfriend Lee Nami.”

He bows and I bite my lip. “YoungJae-shi, please. I was more like trying to warn you. TaeHoon-ah and I are really close. He nearly gave YongGuk-shi trouble. I really don’t want any confrontation that’s all.”

YoungJae sighs. “Thanks, I guess.”

DaeHyun laughs awkwardly. “So I saw HimChan-Hyung wandering around somewhere. I should have known he was with you.”

Ice cold air runs down my back.

“ChinCha?!”



Yukiko's POV

I gaze at my favorite painting from Yumi and practically loose myself. The love and care that she’s put into this piece really speaks to me, though I don’t understand why. The boy looks somewhat sad, but happy. It’s like it emanates a feeling of warmth that I can’t decode.

People behind me mutter Korean and I only make out bits that I’ve learned from dramas.

Excuse me.”

I look up at the man who takes a step closer to the painting. I can’t see his face, but he keeps talking in Korean. His voice seems to wave and I can’t make out a word.

“I’m sorry, I speak Japanese,” I excuse in my native tongue.

“Ah, you must be a relative,” he sighs.

“You speak Japanese?!” I touch his shoulder and he turns to me.

“Only a little.”

His eyes are soft but piercing and his smile nearly kills me. It’s him, the boy from the painting, although he's older.

My heart leaps into my chest. Such a beautiful person does exist. He is real, he’s not dead and he's standing right in front of me.

“Yukiko-chan, why are you always by this painting?” Hikato looks up and sees the man nearly touching the painting. “Oi! Don’t touch it.”

The man looks back to excuse himself and that’s when Hikato catches the resemblance. “You! You’re the boy in the painting.” Hikato takes a step closer to him pushing him backwards. “You’re the freaking b-stard in the painting. You’re that son of a b-tch that she draws everyday. Why the hell are you alive?!”

The man blinks at Hikato.

Before anyone can say anything, and before I can tell Hikato that the man speaks Korean, he swings at him. The first punch misses, but the second makes contact with skin.

“Hikato, NO!” I grab him around the waist trying to stop him. “He's done nothing to you. Please, leave him alone.”

“Yukiko, you don’t understand. He’s alive. This changes everything.” He goes for another swing but I lean all my weight into him. “This changes everything.”

I can hear him crying. I want to do everything in my power to stop it, but beating up this man won't change anything.

“What’s going on?” Nami gasps picking up the man on the floor. She tends to him as YongGuk lifts him back to his feet.

“So you know him? Am I the only one that really thought he was dead? Was this all a joke?” Hikato yells. “Because I thought I was in love with Yumi-chan.”

A soft voice soothes over us. “What’s this?”

“Yumi-chan.” Hikato shakes his head. “All this time you were lying to me. I feel like a fool for believing you.”

“What are you talking about?” She sees the man held up my YongGuk. As she begins to take a step forward Hikato grabs her wrist.

“You love him don’t you? Don’t lie to me.” His fingers coil around her joint. “You’ve always loved him. You must have ran away, but you drew him everyday.” He releases her after clenching his jaw. “I’m sorry I wasted my time.”

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/alovelyfall/heart.jpg

HimChan's POV

The world was dark for sometime before I came to and now the sky seems to be a gray color, or is it the ceiling? Heck if I know, but I feel like I’ve been hit by a train. What was I doing last? I was getting dressed, but for what? It was formal...kinda...casual? No. A wedding? I don’t know anyone getting married.

I sit up and my whole body screams in pain. I think I did get hit by a train.

“You’re up?” a sweet voice asks and I look over into the darkness.

Wait, there was a girl speaking to me in Japanese. It must be her.

There was a guy too.

“HimChan-shi...how do you feel?”

A hand presses to my forehead but I can’t make out the face. Everything is too hazy, but I recognize her outline. “Nami-shi? Is that you?” There’s no reply so I start talking to her. “You’ve got to hold your relatives down or something. I think one of your family members attacked me.” I laugh but she doesn’t make a sound. “Nami-yah, I don’t hold a grudge. I bet it’s just some misunderstanding. Please talk to me. I’m dying here. I haven’t had a good conversation with you in over a week.”

Nothing.

“Yah! Lee Nami, I can see that you’re there...I just can’t see you. My vision hasn’t cleared yet.”

“You’ve always been such a pabo.”

I lean forward. The voice isn’t quite right. “Yumi-shi?”

“Why did you come today?”

It’s her. It has to be her. “Yumi-shi, please sit down with me.” I take her hands and hold them in mine. “You don’t get it do you? Do you not feel it?” She doesn’t say anything. “I can’t ignore it. I know that you can, but for me I can’t. There is this thing inside me that rings every time I think of you.” I swallow. “Nuna, I also wanted to tell you that I...I support you in anyway.”

Her fingers close around mine and I can hear her crying. “HimChan-ah, you pabo.”

The haze has almost gone and I can start to see her more clearly.

“Nuna, all I’ve wanted was to tell you that I support you. You’re dreams are my dreams. If you plan on leaving, I can be packed in half an hour. Promise.”

She leans into me, touching my face. “Please, don’t be like this. You know I want you to fulfill your dreams too. Life isn’t always about the other person.” Her fingers cross over an area that stings.

“Nuna, is waiting for you really that bad? Is it hard to believe?” I breathe in slowly and let my hand fall to her waist. “I’ve tried moving on, but that got me no where but closer to you.” I bite back a smile which actually smarts. “I tried finding someone that could mean just as much as you...I ended up dating your little sister.”

She chuckles at me smoothing out the collar of my shirt. “Really? She didn’t tell me.”

“Of course she wouldn’t. Once I found out you two were related, I realized that I was only dating her because she reminded me of you. It’s a poor reason to date someone, but I did it subconsciously.”

She stands up and begins to walk away.

“You know the man that hit you? We’re supposed to be getting married.”

I can’t tell what hurts more, my heart or my whole being. “It that so?” I smile. “Congratulations.” I try swallowing a bit of the pain. “He seems like the type that can really protect you, unlike me. Be sure to send me a picture of the wedding.”

She begins to inhale her tears causing slight gasping sounds. “You pabo.” Her hands fall on either side of my face but she doesn’t dare look at me. “You stupid boy. You love me right?”

My voice stops in my throat. I want to yell “YES, more than anything!” but I just sit there finding it difficult to breathe. She’s so close to me. She’s within reach, but she’s not happy. “I just want you to smile,” I mutter.

“You pabo.” Her arms wrap around my neck and her chest presses against mine as she pulls me closer. “You really think that way? What about you? What do you want?”

She’s making me upset. I can’t bare to hear her cry. “I want you to be the happiest Nuna you can be. I need you to be.”

“I’m so selfish,” she cries into my shoulder.

I palm circles into her back hoping to soothe her. “No, no...Yumi-shi, you know what you want. That’s worth fighting for.”

“And you?” She turns away from me. “Please don’t look, I’m a mess.”

I take the hand that she’s using to cover my eyes. Her fingers fit well between mine. “I’m going to fight myself. That way you can fight for your love. You don’t need me and I’m aware of that. It stings, but it’s true.”

“What if it’s not?”

“Come again?”

She lowers her lids and squeezes her fingers. “What if I need you? What if I need you like air?”

“But I’m like an allergen. Irritating and you'll push me away.”

“What if I need you more than you think?”

She looks right into my eyes and I can tell that she means every word. “What about your fiance?”

“He realized I’m not in love with him and called it off.” Her fingers graze my jaw. “There’s someone else.”

I can’t help this warm feeling inside of me. “So I have more competition?”

“He’s pretty perfect and crazy about me. He values my selfish attitude more than his own well-being.”

I lean forward letting her lips sweep across mine. “Maybe that’s how he wants it.”

“Or maybe he’s just stupid.”

“Maybe both.”

A/N:

...

TT_____________________________________________________________TT

I'm going to distract myself with the epilogues. I finished the one but I realized I should split it. It's too much  for one update (too heavy). /crying
I clicked the button and now my eyes sting. Seriously.
Seriously.
I've got the epilogues left, but the main story is over.
I'm just...
IT WASN'T EVEN MEANT TO BE THIS LONG! WHO ASKED ME TO WRITE MORE?! I WILL FIND YOUR COMMENT! I WILL DO IT RIGHT NOW!

/UGLYSOBBING

 

 

I've been working on the graphics form my new story, but Tumblr and photobucket are seriously p!ssing me off. -___-' I didn't even realize that my chapter was posted on Tumblr (I had it set to post automatically). 
Check it out if you guys want! but there's nothing there yet...>>The Kissing Effect<<

@ieatrice: sometimes a girl can't help herself

I'll get back to you on that last part. The story has ended...but life goes on.

@BabyShawol: /joinsyouincryfest
He wasn't even in this chapter...well...in the beginning...b-but...ugh. He's barely in the epilogues too. I'm sorry.
I'm sooooo sorry!

@toowhiteforkpop: I probably disappointed you. OTL
sorry.

 

For everyone who has been reading this from the very beginning, thank you for sticking around. For those who joined along the way, OTL thank you for spending you're time with this Pabo-Baby. I'm still working on the epilogues, but they are not exactly important to the main story.

sobbing

I just...I can't tank you guys enough for your support!
I really wasn't sure if I would end it all (in the beginning) and then I went on Hiatus...and then I did again.
Thank you, everyone of you for sticking it out with me!

If I could hug all of you, I surely would.

Thank you.

Xie xie.

Arigato.

Kamsahamnida.

 

-MeiMeng