The light shines off of her so clearly.

The Red Knot.

“Finally I get my coffee,” Geena smiles bringing the frothy cup to her lips and taking a sip. She drinks the warm liquid and hums sweetly. The thing I admire most about her is how playful she is. No matter what, she won’t take things too serious unless the situation truly demands it. “Nami-yah....thank you!”

I bite on my straw. “Welcome.”

“Where have you been lately? Hoonie has been annoying.”

“Annoying, as in...?”

“Do you have a new crowd of friends?” she pouts lowering her cup below her lips. “Are you trading me? Why? Why would you...it’s that guy with purple hair isn’t it?” She looks down at her cup. “I’m being left for a boy, but I’m prettier.”

I place my drink back onto the table. “Geena-shi...it’s not what you think.”

“But he takes you home every day.” She covers her face with her hands. “You’re leaving me aren’t you? What did I do wrong? Am I not good enough?”

“Geena-shi, calm down. You’re overreacting.”

A pair of arms wrap around my neck and I look up to see a cheesy grin from Zelo.

“Why? What did I do this time?” she cries. “I thought you knew how I felt. I was sure you were the same, but it’s come to this? What did I-” She peeks through her fingers and sees him.

“Just how many boys are you leaving me for?!” she wails into her arm.

I turn around and see YongGuk and HimChan ordering at the counter. HimChan catches a glimpse of me and waves. Suddenly YongGuk looks up and smiles. I have to stop myself from grinning like an idiot.

“Three? There are three?” she collapses onto the table and dry-cries.

“Nami-neh...is she okay?”

“We’re both acting majors,” I giggle as he takes half of my seat.

“Yah! Li Nami, I could have fooled him.” Geena pouts resting her chin on palm. “This kid is...?”

“Zelo-shi, this is my best friend Geena-ya.” I look back at her and her face is bright pink. “What is it?” I mouth and turn around to see what she is staring at. YongGuk and HimChan pull up chairs to our already cramped table. “Annyo! What are you guys doing here?” I ask rocking in my seat with Zelo.

“We were walking down the street and Zelo said he thought he saw you through the windows,” YongGuk admits taking a drink of his tea.

“Our intention was to show him that he was wrong,” HimChan sighs.

I poke him in the side.

“No, no, I’m glad he was right. Haven’t seen you in a few days,” he chuckles.

“Really?” Zelo pipes. “I saw her yesterday with Hyung. They picked me up from school.”

“What? While I was in class?! Bang, why didn’t you tell me?” Himchan freaks.

“You didn’t ask,” he says smoothly taking another sip of his tea.

“Yah, but...aish. Really?”

I look at HimChan with doe-eyes. “We go to school together actually.”

He glares at YongGuk. “And the thought that maybe I would want to know...it never crossed your mind?”

“It did just now.”

I guess I shouldn’t tell him we have Physics together. “Ah, Himchan-shi, this is my best friend Geena!”

“Nice to see you again,” he says bowing slightly in his chair. Again? “We’re neighbors,” he smiles to me.

“Really?” I look from him to her. Cherry red, Geena does her best to look at the table.

“Yes, he moved in about a year or two ago.” She plays with her nails and that’s when it hits me. She told me she was dating some guy a few months back but they broke it off because her dad found out. When I asked details she closed up and I forgot all about it.

I start to feel the tension in the air and struggle to speak.

“Thanks for stopping by guys,” I manage and begin to stand up. “But I need to be getting home. The last I saw of my umma, she had a bottle of sake on the countertop and said it was for later.”

The three boys look at me.

“She’s a bit of a light-weight,” I smile awkwardly. “No telling what she’s gonna do.”

“Do you need someone to walk you home?” Zelo asks blowing bubbles into his drink. I clench my jaw. I need to avoid the cute. I have to say no. Nami, say no. Don’t do it, it’s for Geena. Say...

“No need, I’m walking home with her. My boyfriend is meeting up with me later,” Geena says through gritted teeth.

I shift my eyes. Boyfriend?

“Oh, that guy from the other day?” YongGuk assumes.

“Yes, I bet he’s waiting for me now. Nami-ya, we should go. Hoonie’s waiting.” I look at her. Is she crazy? She’s not dating him yet.

I stand up but Zelo grabs my hand. “Nami-neh...make sure you come and pick me up tomorrow. Got it? I want you to see something.”

I nod to him and chase after Geena who is already at the door.




“I thought you said that you’re boyfriend was going to walk you home,” I hear someone say from down the hall.

“I never said that,” I sneer lowly. It’s really none of his business...right?

“Bang told me the guy looks nice enough. I’m happy for you,” he continues though I wish he’d stop. “It’s about time we both moved on right? Time waits for no one and tramples over those standing still.”

Just stop.

“You deserve to be happy.”

Just.

“After everything you can’t hate me. I can’t do anything but wish for happiness.”

“You better not hurt Nami,” I swallow. “She’s a better person than me.”

“I’m not going to hurt anyone anymore. Trust me.”

“I can’t.”

There’s a moment of silence but I still hear his soft breathing.

“The light shines off of her so clearly. If I truly hurt her, it’ll kill me. She’s too pure.”

I put a foot between my door and the frame. “If you hurt her, I’ll kill you. Don’t use her, treasure her. She’s a gift and more childlike than you’ll ever be. If I hear a word about you from her, I’ll make sure she’ll never see you again.”

I close the door behind me.

Why didn’t he treat me more kindly? Why couldn’t he love me?


A/N: Just a dash of drama left to be sewn up at another time. It's short....or it seems short to me. I'm not going to write in POVs other than Nami often.

Not to fear, the next chapter will be much more fun! I'm looking forward to writing it. So much so that I'm not going to sleep >.<

Thank you sublies and anyone who comments!

I hope not to let you down.

Meng.