That sounds perfect.

The Red Knot.

Photobucket

“Nami-shi...I’m going to get some popsicles. Want one?”

I smile to HimChan and place my feet beneath my legs. “Dae. One please!”

He laughs at me before turning away. I take a moment to study the outline of his back and then look to the chalk drawings we’ve made. With the pink piece in hand, I scribble a line from my right pinky to his. That way were are connected.

“Unni, can I play with you?” a little girl asks planting her palms into the chalk dust.

“Sure,” I smile handing her the box of chalk.

“Is that Unni?” She points to HimChan’s drawing and I nod. “So that is Oppa?”

I look at my drawing of HimChan. “I guess so. It is Oppa.”

“Oppa?”

I turn to the voice with the girl. “You finally called me Oppa when I didn’t ask.” He bends down and hands me a red popsicle. “I think that means I can call you Nami-yah now,” he murmurs into my jaw. I try to push him away. I mean...there is a little girl right here. I don’t want to traumatize her. Instead he wiggles his nose back and forth across a small spot on my skin. “Nami-yah~”

“HimChin-shi...” I pout making eye movements to the girl.

“Yeppo...” He gets the little girls attention. “What do you think?” He presses his cheek next to mine and shows off to the girl. “Do Unni and Oppa look good together?”

I shove him lightly but he just rests his head on my shoulder.

The little girl blinks and then opens her arms as wide as she can. “This much.”

“I think so too,” he breathes into my ear before my earlobe with his nose.

My face goes red and cherry juice drips down my fingers. “Unni and Oppa have to leave...” I say so nervously that I choke on a stutter. “Take care of the chalk. Oppa bought it to be used with good feelings.” She jumps up with the most excited look I have ever seen on a child.

“Don’t worry! I’m an artist!” She picks up her feet and stomps around the concrete. HimChan takes her moment of excitement as a sign to leave.

“HimChan-shi?” He pulls me by my elbow to a quiet area. “Bwoh?”

“Will you say it again?”

“Say what? My popsicle is running down my hand.”

“Yah, if you actually eat it, maybe it wouldn’t melt,” he scolds.

I make a face and the sides. He’s just teasing me because it’s easy. His fingers slither around my cheeks and he moves closer to me. Oh no, is he’s making an attempt to kiss me again? I try to keep my cool but it’s a little difficult to do with something dripping down your hand. I continue the juice from my popsicle and watch as he brings his lip parallel to mine. He inches closer and then joins me on the opposite side. My cheeks pinken gradually as his fingertips shuffle through my hair.

He continues to kiss the frozen ice until I turn the same shade as it. “You taste really sweet,” he whispers before slurping up the sides.

“HimChan-shi...” I mutter and he looks back to me. He has a childish look on his face to match my dumbfounded one. I begin to speak again but the rest of the popsicle falls off the stick.

“Aish...what a waste. I was hoping to kiss you again.”

I drop the stick and wrap my clean arm around him. His hands slide down to my waist and press me closer to him. “Nami-yah?”

“Oppa...I’m really happy. Is that okay?”

Photobucket

“Nami~ There is something here for you!”

I stumble from my dresser to my door and then somehow manage to end up in the living room. Umma hands me a white envelope with a balloon tied at one end before I run back to my room. I open the flap and read the slip of paper. “Will you be my girlfriend...” I pull down the balloon and see that there is a gigantic question mark on one side.

My heart races as I look for my phone.

“Yes! A million times YES!”  I nearly shiek into my phone.

“Chincha? Really yes?”

I jump up and down though he can’t see. “Yeh...That would make me very happy.”

I can hear his smiles through his words. “Then take the flower from the envelope. It’s small, but it’s in there.”

Doings as he says, I take the bud from the corner.

“Do you remember our first date? We were walking under cherry blossom trees. This was stuck in my jacket until I got home. I pressed it hoping that I would be able to give it to you.”

I slowly descend to my knees. So sweet and perfect. I hold my phone, bud and balloon string in my hands. “Really, I love it.”

“Nami-yah...I’m sorry I couldn’t deliver it in person, I have to leave for school much earlier than you and I wanted you to sleep.” There’s a pause in his speech. “I have an exam today. Will you wish me luck?”

I bite my lip and begin to feel nervous, even if he’s only in the speaker of my phone. “Oppa~ah, do your best today. Hwaiting!”

“Ah...Nami-yah?” I hold my breath. “That was perfectly adorable. I’m sure I’ll ace it now.”

I bare all of my teeth like an idiot. I just can’t stop smiling.

“I’ve got to get back to class now. Call me about this time from now on. I’d like to hear you before my lectures.”

I can’t speak. It’s so difficult to.

“Nami-yah...I’ll see you soon.”

“Oppa, annyo! Do your best!” I hear him chuckle and burn a pale pink. The call ends and I realize I’m standing in my room with a note, flower and balloon from the boy I like. The feeling of happiness flows over me and I fall onto my bed letting the teal balloon fly up and lightly hit my ceiling.

It’s all kind of perfect.

Photobucket

My eyes shift from my left and right as I clench my fist, waiting for the results of last week’s exam. The professor hands them back painfully slow and when I get mine I leave it face down. I can’t jinx it. I won’t.

YongGuk looks up at me and motions for me to flip my paper over, but I won’t. Not until class is over.

“Nami-shi, how did you do?” he asks once the lecture ends.

I pinch the top corners of the packet and roll them back. I just...ugh.

“Nami-shi?”

With the little courage I have, I smack the paper over against my desk. 85. “I...I passed.” I look up to YongGuk and feel a sort of proud giddiness. Jumping up, I raise my arms into the air. “I PASSED!”

“Chincha?”

I wave my paper into YongGuk's face and continue jumping up and down. “I PASSED!” I feel his grip around my waist as I am raised high into the air. He spins me around and I feel that I am on the verge of tears. I seriously passed this exam!

“Get a room,” someone sneers and I look up to see what once was an empty room start to fill in.

YongGuk holds me still and looks up at my face. “Congrats!”

Looking down to him, I wrap my arms around his neck grinning way too big. “It’s all because of you! Thank you! Arigato!!”

He squeezes me tightly and I hear a cough. The room is now full and everyone is staring at us. “YongGuk-shi?” He mutters a yes and pulls me to look at him. His eyes are so deep and clear that I lose my train of thought. “Could....” I bite my lip. What was I asking again?

“You two aren’t in this class. Kah!”

He puts me down and grabs both of our bags. Bowing a sorry, he rushes me to the door with his hands still around my waist. “Nami-shi..?”

I turn around to him and grab both of his hands swinging them back and forth. “Today is amazing~” I swing. “HimChan asked me to be his girlfriend and now I’m not failing Physics! This is GREAT!” I laugh so hard that my eyes close and all I can do is bounce with excitement.

He spins me around until I fall against his chest. His hand covers the side of my face left exposed. “That sounds perfect.”

Photobucket

A/N: Was the kiss too........childish? It wasn't really a kiss, and I don't think it should count as Nami's first. A cheat if you will. ^^ Would you count it as your first kiss? Also...this chapter and the past ones have been lacking my favorite....Zelo! Don't worry, he's coming up soon ^o^

I started the next Chapter before proof-reading this one and it's so heavy that I can't wait to add Zelo. Don't be mad because it's not starting off so light hearted.

Thanks again for everything~ ^^

-Meng