kiss?

The Red Knot.

Do you ever feel connected?

It was stupid of me to ask. Really stupid, but somehow I was able to play on the reflections and the sky and how they are equally as beautiful and connected. Thank Amaterasu...I was saved.

The blade of my knife hits the countertop as I cut the fruit for tomorrow. There is some sort of peace with the repetitive motion. I think part of it is that I am releasing the stress brought on by my Physics exam...which is also tomorrow. Speaking of which, my tutor should be here any moment.

“It’s open,” I yell. I know he’s standing on the other side of the door. I can feel it. My thread has been tugging for a while now.

The hinges creak and hear his feet kick off his shoes making his way into the house. “Nami-shi?”

“Dae, I’m here.”

He wanders into the kitchen and braces his arms onto the countertop. “That smells really sweet. Is there an occasion?” he asks looking over my shoulder.

“Oka-san always asks for one thing when she comes over, so I’m preparing it for her.” I smile to myself and offer him a piece. He leans over and eats it right from my fingers. “Yah!”

"Uck! That was full of seeds,” he coughs.

I hold up another piece, this time one that is bright pink and seedless. He turns to eat it in the same manner but it slides down my fingers. His lips press against my skin and his tongue softly flicks my fingertips. The heat rises in my cheeks and I clench my fingers into a loose fist. “Better than it smells,” he smiles and I feel his words on my neck. “So this is for your halmoni?”

I continue cutting. “Yeh...she loves watermelon.” I move the knife too quickly and feel a slight pinch in my index finger.

“Nami-shi!” He takes my hand and presses the closest fabric to the cut...his shirt.

“YongGuk-shi, I’m fine. It’s just a cut.”

He applies pressure. “Yah! You could have cut your finger off!”

I swat him away but he grabs my wrist to hold me down. “Aish, I’m helping Nami-shi.” I try to shake him but he sticks my finger to his mouth and kisses the cut. He my blood off of his lips and kisses it again. He repeats about twice more and then looks to me, the totally flushed girl before him. “Where are your band-aids?”

It takes me a moment to register exactly what he just said. He words are almost foreign to my fuzzy perception. "Dae?"

"Where's your first-aid kit?"

I swallow. "Un, I think…" His grip on my finger tightens slightly and I begin to understand. "It's in the bathroom, behind the mirror."

He guides me to the tiny space and sits me down at the toilet. Not once does he let go of my finger. "Nami-shi?"

I look up.

"You're pink in the face. Are you okay?"

Instinctively I press my palms to my cheeks. His hand meet the flushed skin and I blush even more. I bashfully extend my hand back to him. "I think I'm just not used to this kind of injury…that's all."

He smiles at me with a musing hum. "It seems that the cut is pretty clean so I'm just going to rinse it and stick a band-aid on it. Arasso?"

"That's fine."

He runs my finger under the water and blots the cut with gauze. "I'm sorry if I grossed you out. Saliva actually heals wounds faster." He rips the paper backing off of the bandage and wraps it around my finger. "It's something about the proteins." He gives me a cute grin before sticking out his tongue.

"I was scared you were a vampire or something," I joke.

"Han Yu-Rang-nim* makes better vampires," he chuckles. -Something Meng can not ;^;-

    *Famous Korean Manhwa artist. She is known for gender-benders like "Boy of the Female Wolf" and "My Boyfriend is a Vampire" (the last one being adapted and translated by the company Seven Seas). I was making a pun that I, MeiMeng, cannot write vampire stories. Mianhaeyo…duìbùqǐ! Sorry....forgive my outburst of stupidity! But seriously...you’ll love theses manhwas.



My calculator clanks against my desktop and I sigh deeply. Only time will tell what my grade on this exam was meaning: I can only wait and see.

"Nami-shi, how was it?" YongGuk asks following me into the hall.

"Well…I'm not dead am I?"

He chuckles softly, "That you are not." He walks me down the hall and out to the campus. "When are you seeing you're Halmoni?"

I blink. "Tonight!"

"You forgot?"

"No….My mind was just just full of formulas and variables that I kinda had no more room to think about anything else." My bag slides down my arms and hits the back of my legs. Do I tell Oka-san that I've found my soul mate, or do I wait it out? Any of these three boys could be the one…but I'm betting on HimChan. After all, he is the one that actually likes me enough to date me.

"You okay?" He pulls the middle strap up so that my bag falls over my shoulders. "You seem really distracted."

I look around. "Ani, it's just…." I wave my hands around, moving the air swiftly. I have to watch myself. I barely saved myself after yesterday's outburst. "You know that thing that I was talking about at sunset?"

Slip of the freaking tongue.

"Yeh, how beauty is directly connected to the angle of the viewer?"

Quick Nami! "Well I wanted to show her the buildings. I think she would love it."  Hew~ "Maybe I'll take her when she comes back into town."

"That sounds great, you should let me know what she thinks about it."

I in my bottom lip. "Just come with us ya dummy."

He stops mid step, frozen. "You mean it? I can meet your Oka-san?"

"Well it is your secret spot I'm showing her. I should be asking you if it's okay to show her." I try to reason with him, but he still looks awed that I would let him meet her.

"I'm just honored to meet her. Even if it's not in the near future."

I blush at his honesty. It's just really sweet.

"Aish. Pabo." I push open the door and fall right over someone's stupid thread.

"Nami-shi," YongGuk laughs bending down to lift me up. My eyes catch his and I realize just how thick his facial features are. His eye-lids are heavy, round nose, thick mouth…the total opposite of HimChan. Not a single purple pigment is left in his hair, but he doesn't need a dye job to stand out, the boy is just… "Are you okay?"

"Bwoh?"

He laughs. Thick lips thin out around his teeth, cheeks raise to cover his eyes.  "You are so clumsy sometimes." He lifts me upwards. "Let's clean up your knee."

I stagger into the infirmary and take a seat at the bench. The nurses are starting to recognize YongGuk as well. So far he's taken care of me three other times. "You look like you could use more gauze," he mutters putting my box next to me. "It's only your knee this time so don't worry."

I pout at him. "I never worry. You should know by just now how use to this I am." He makes a face at me and I kick my legs back and forth.

"Ho-ld stiiiill." He grabs my leg and pins it to the ground. "This is going to sting." Ripping the alcohol pad open, he scrubs the wipe into my cut. I dig my nails into my palms trying not to kick him. Dear Amaterasu, I want to hit him every time. "Ani, ani…you can push me over if it makes you feel better," he jokes.

I begin to shove his head to the side but he blows softly onto my cut to dry out the alcohol. The air is so soothing that my fingers curl into his hair. I realize the situation almost to late and snap my arm back, hitting him. His lips smash to my skin kissing this new cut.

Nami, you have problems. I HAVE PROBLEMS!

"Ah, I'm sorry…ya-you scared m-me," I stutter.

He presses his lips together and avoids my eyes. "Sorry, but I usually blow on your cuts. I'll stop if you want."

"NO!" I cover my mouth. "I mean, it doesn't hurt as long if you do that. Thank you."

He bandages the cut silently. "Let me see your finger."

I extend my arm still embarrassed by my outburst.

"It doesn't look too bad." He turns to me with a bright smile. "I guess my trick helped."

My heart feels like it just exploded. Too innocent…kinda like Zelo. "I guess so."

"I'll redo it with gauze so it gets more air, arasso?"

I nod. Boy, you are killing me.


A/N: I'm BACK! Woooh! I didn't get to write much while I was gone, but I'm, working on the next chapter which is her second date with HimChan. I'm hoping it'll be really cute. ^^ So nice to be back on AFF  \( ^o^ )/ (Sorry for the misleading title...or am I? *evil grin*)

Thanks for reading, subbing, commenting, questioning...whatever you do! I totally love you guys~! Again if anyone has any suggestions about HimChan dating...hit me up via comments/wall/PM. Thank you muchly~

-Meng

@lovely-fox : sorry I didn't answer your question exactly. That's actually something for later~

@toowhiteforkpop : this...this I am using. ^^ Xiexie <3