to keep me from slapping him.

The Red Knot.

“GeeNa, do you have the notes for Fridays' exam?”

“TaeHoon, you’ve already got them.”

“No way! You haven’t given me anything.”

“Yuh-huh! I need them back too! Didn’t you make copies yet?”

“So that’s what you gave me...”

“Tae-HOON!”

“Guys,” I say softly. They both look at me, the girl pushed to the side. “I need  a copy too,” I smile.

“Aigoo, I thought you were going to yell at me or something...” TaeHoon laughs jogging in front of me to the other side. “So what were you up to Saturday? I called your house but you’re umma said you were out.”

There he goes again. Can you hear the concern in his voice? Maybe not, but TaeHoon is one of my best friends and he also has a slight crush on me.

“Hoon, stop it. She doesn’t need an Oppa like you,” Geena teases.

Oh, and she is my other best friend. The two of them are tied, but she doesn’t think about him like that...at least not yet. Because these two are tied I have a minor problem.

TaeHoon laughs. “I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Nami-shi!”

They stop to turn around but I, obviously, don’t because I am too preoccupied with the red thread in my way. The one that TaeHoon so smoothly put in front of me when he jogged to the other side of me. The red thread that is connected to the girl beside me. ...The one that tripped me yet again!

“Uhf!” My books fall from my hands and my face plants itself into the ground. Nice and rough, just how I like my cement.

“Nami!” the two of them shriek.

“Not again,” I cough trying to help myself up. A hand wraps around mine lifting my weight for me. “Thanks,” I sigh trying to brush off the dirt. There are scrapes all over my knees and arms, but nothing that I haven’t dealt with before.

“I didn’t pin you as the clumsy type...are you okay?”

I look up at the owner of the deep voice. “YongGuk-shi! What are you doing here?”

“Nami-shi, you’ve got a--”

“YOU’RE BLEEDING!” GeeNa yells.

“I usually do.”

“N-no,” she stammers. “You’re face.”

I pout and feel for my cheeks.

“Don’t.” YongGuk grabs my hand and keeps it from my face. “You’ll get dirt in it and it could scar. I’ll take you to the infirmary.” He looks to TaeHoon. “Will you hold onto her stuff for now?” TaeHoon nods and bends down to gather my things.

YongGuk wraps an arm around my waist and pulls one of mine over his shoulders.

“Actually, the infirmary is that way,” I say pointing a little bit more left.

“So you’ve been there before?”

I kick the thread off of my ankle and continue walking. “Oh yes, they know me there too. I even have my own band-aids.”

He chuckles pulling my weight closer to him. “Sorry to call you out like that. What did you fall over?”

“Oh it’s totally invisible, pesky and only something that bothers me,” I say smuggly.

“Gravity?”

I suppress my fit of giggles. “Yes, gravity.”

We get to the infirmary and I sit on a bench.

“Nami, again?” The nurse sighs grabbing my box. Yes, my box of band-aids, alcohol pads, cotton swabs, anti-bacterial cream, etc.. I was here so often last semester that they made me buy this stuff. They told me that it was only fair.

“I’ll do it,” YongGuk says taking the box and sitting it next to me. I murmur a thanks and he pulls out a pad. “This is gonna sting,” he warned.

“Yeah, I know.”

He rubs the pad across my scratches as I clench my jaw. I grip the side of the bench to keep me from slapping him. He counts to ten and then stops and blows on the cuts. It kind of shocks me. He’s so gentle. “Do you have gauze?” I rummage through the box and hand it to him with some tape. “This is better than a band-aid,” he utters ripping the packaging and putting some cream onto the gauze. He tapes it to my skin and then moves to the next one.

“YongGuk-shi, do you go to school here?” I ask as he does my second arm.

“I do. You’re actually in my Physics class. When we ran into you this weekend, I thought you looked really familiar but I couldn’t place you.”

“Ah.” I watch him concentrate and then move to my face.

“Sorry if I ruin your makeup.”

I blink, “What makeup? You’re not rubbing that onto my eyelids are you?”

He grins really big. “If you’ve got no BB Cream or power on then I think you’re good.”

“I know what you’re thinking...Her skin could use BB Cream, TaeHoon tells me all the time but I’m lazy.”

“No no...You’re skin is so flawless I just assumed.”

I feel my cheeks start to burn.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to embarrass you,” he confessed looking down. “Aish, sorry. Let me get this cut before it gets infected.”

He presses a new pad to my cheek and I grab his wrist. “What?”

I glance at him with huge tears in my eyes. “Please continue.”

“AH! It burns that bad?!”

I use my other hand to wipe my eyes. “I’m not used to cuts on my face,” I admit. “But I don’t want it to get infected...Please finish.”

He gives me an apologetic expression and then cleans the cut. “Almost done,” he mutters and then holds my face to blow on the cut. I still grip his wrist grazing his skin with my nails. It didn’t hurt anymore, but he's kinda making me nervous.

“Done,” he cheers sticking a pink band-aid to my face.

I open my eyes and looked at him. “We are?”

“Yup and if you get any infections you can beat me up.”

I smile and just about then my phone chimes.



GeeNa: ‘Took your stuff to your house. Thank me later with coffee. chu~”




“What is it?” he asks.

I put my phone away. “My friend took my things to my house. So I owe her one.”

“Oh, well since you’re all taken care of, do you want to pick Zelo up from school? He should be getting done soon.”

I look at the clock. “It’s already that late?”

“Sorry, I wanted to make sure they didn’t get infected.”

“No, thank you. A hundred times, thank you.”

He takes the box and puts it back. “Then come and get Zelo with me. I’m sure he’d like that.”

“Who said I wasn’t going anyways~”



“This is it!” YongGuk announces once we get to the gate. “Zelo is in there, somewhere.”

I stand on my toes to look over the middle schoolers. I don’t see the blonde at all.

“There,” YongGuk points and I still don’t see. He presses his cheek to mine and takes my hand to point out the boy. “Right there. He’s wearing a beanie.” Something about this is too warm.

Arms begin to flail and I know it has to be Zelo. “Bang Hyung!!” The boy runs up to us with a skateboard knocking at his side. “Nami-neh!!! What are you doing here?!” He gives the both of us a big hug at the same time. I’m pressed into YongGuk and the kid towers over us.

“Ah, Zelo? I can’t exactly breathe anymore.” He releases us with a stupid grin on his face.

“Wow, it was kind of like seeing Umma and Appa waiting to pick me up,” he laughs.

Excuse me? Did he really just say that?

“Anyways, has Himchan Hyung messaged you yet?”

I look down at my phone. My fingers tremble slightly. Why do I feel like I’ve already cheated on him. I haven’t done anything wrong. Nothing. Nada. Zip! But still, something in my gut is making me feel bad.

“He actually asked you out?” YongGuk asks. He wears a smile and I bite my tongue. What am I getting so worked up about? I’ve done nothing wrong. YongGuk just helped me a little, that’s all. Nothing major.

I nod.

“That’s great!” he cheers.

I can’t say that I’m not disappointed, but I don’t have the right to be. I’m actually really excited for my date. It’s my first. So I’ve gotta look at this the best way I can. You only have one soul mate and how great would it be to share all my firsts with him?

A/N: updates will not be nearly this frequent *although author wishes they were....she should quit her job*

Thank you all for the support! ヽ(´▽`)ノ it's great after taking a break from writing for so looooooong.

Meng