so simple and cute.

The Red Knot.



Zelo: Ice-cream now. The usual, neh?


I exit out of my messages and look at TaeHoon and GeeNa who are bickering over something new. I think it’s Calculus again, but I can never tell with them. “Guys.” They continue. “Guys.”

“It’s all your fault anyways,” GeeNa pouts.

“Nuh-huh, lemme see!”

“Guys....” I watch TaeHoon flip through her notes. “PABOS!” They look up at me and I finally have their attention. “As much as I would love to join in with your argument, I’m going to leave first.”

“Wae? I’m coming with you!” GeeNa whines.

“I’m meeting up with someone,” I say bluntly and she lets go of my arm.

“Is it that guy with the purple hair? He’s been hanging around you too much. It bothers me.” I roll my eyes at TaeHoon. “What guy in their right mind dyes his hair purple?”

I close my eyes and pretend that he didn’t just say that. “GeeNa, I’m seeing Zelo if you want to join.” Turning to TaeHoon I narrow my eyes. “You can’t. I don’t need you bullying anymore of my friends.”

“It’s another boy? What?!” I try my best to calm him down. “But I love you, isn’t that enough?”

“SHUT UP!” I sigh heavily. “I am not your girlfriend. You are not my boyfriend.” He gives me a weird look. “TaeHoon, I’m a big girl. I’m dating someone right now and I would like it if you wouldn’t stick your nose in my business.”

GeeNa turns to me. “On second thought, I need to go home. Tell Zelo I say hi.”

“Wait...she knows him too?”

We both turn around and smack him on either side of his head. “HE’S A KID!”


I get the same as usual and smile at Zelo who digs into his rocky-road. So simple and cute. I wish I was his age again. Boys are stupid.

“Nami-neh, what are you looking at?”

I blink a few times and sigh. “Oh nothing.”

“You look funny, are you okay?”

“Aish...I’m good. What’s new with you?”

“I saw you yesterday. Nami-neh...is everything okay?”

I sigh a weak smile. “I’ve got problems...but nothing that I can’t deal with.” I think about TaeHoon, the threads and my upcoming Physics exam. “Ugh.”

“Nami-neh?”

“NAMI!”

My eyes widen at the second voice. “Yumi? Yumi-neh?!”

“Imoto-chan*~ how are you?”

     **means little sister

I look at her in disbelief. “Why are you here?”

“Did Umma not tell you? I had to meet up with Appa for something. What’s wrong? You don’t look so good.” She touches my shoulder. “Is it TaeHoon again?”

“Zelo-shi, this is my Oneh*-chan...Yumi-shi.”

    **I’m adding ‘H’s to One/ne because it helps with the pronunciation. If you study the language or like Japanese media then this is my explanation to you. Sorry I didn’t keep with the traditional romanji ^^’

He gawks at her. “Woah, Nami-neh, your family’s genes are DAEBAK!”

She takes a seat and smiles. “You’re sweet. I hope Nami-yah isn’t giving you any trouble.”

“Ani, she’s the Nuna I never had.”

“That’s great,” Yumi smiles.

“How did you know I was here?” I question letting her have a bit of my ice-cream.

“Umma said that you would be here. It was really funny, she was concerned that you were upset...since you were eating ice-cream alone so often.” She takes another bite and gets ice-cream on her nose.

“Ani.” I hand her a napkin and she wipes herself. “I come here with Zelo. I’m sure it’s his favorite.”

“Did you not tell Umma?” she questions and I shake my head slightly.

“Bwoh?...Nami-neh didn’t tell her Umma about me?! Wae~?” the boy pouts.

“I don’t want her to think that I’m dating anyone,” I cringe.

“Zelo-shi, are you interested in Nami-chan?” Yumi asks leaning over the table.

I swat at her. “He’s in middle school,” I mutter and her face goes red.

“Zelo-shi, are you really that young?”

The boy smiles. “Dae, but Nami-neh is dating my Hyung.”

“She is now~?” She bites her bottom lip. “Interesting that you would leave that out.”

I do my best to avoid her. She knows how I am....She doesn’t know my secret, but she knows I’m waiting for my soul mate. I’ve always been overly cautious when it comes to things like this. Three years ago she and a younger boy were really close and I never asked anything. I didn’t want to know. Because I never asked, she thought it bothered me and tried not to talk about him. I was only sixteen and disinterested in anyone not tied to me, but she didn’t know this and kept him away. I never saw his face. Never even heard his name. She just called him Otouto-kun* around me.

     **means "little brother"

“Zelo-shi, how would you describe your Hyung?”

“He’s really good looking and determined. Once he has an idea or decides on something that he really wants, he does nothing until he gets it.” He smiles childishly.

“Then I approve.” She takes my cone from me and eats a few more bites.

“Nami-neh, Bang-Hyung was wondering about your tutoring...the exam is getting close, right?” I nod. “Hyung has been making notes for you. I think it would be a good idea to ask him about it.”

“The exam!” I throw my hands into the air. “I don’t even...”

“Huh?” Yumi mutters between bites.

“No.......Ani-ya~” I cry hitting my head on the table. “I can’t.”

“But Hyung was ready to help you...you need me to tell him you can’t make it?” Zelo offers.

“ANI! IIEH!*” I press the palms of my hands together. “I need YongGuk-shi’s help. I’ll never pass without it.”

    **Japanese for no. ‘iie’ means roughly no, as in → I don’t want.

“What class is this?”

I turn to Yumi. “Physics.”

She laughs uncontrollably. “It’s the math, isn’t it?”

Pouting, I push the cone and the rest of the ice-cream into her face.

“Imoto-ku-uhn!” She drones the last part into a deep moan. “I just got back and you’re already being mean to me? I have to leave soon.”

“Oh hush.” She knows I hate when she uses ‘kun’ for me.

“No really. My plane leaves in a few hours.”

“Bwoh?”

“Ew...actually, I should get going. I left my suitcase at Appa’s.”

“But you just got here! You haven’t been home in months.”

She smiles weakly. “I know. I needed Appa to sign papers. My tuition increased and I couldn’t wait for the mail. I also wanted to talk to HaeRi-shi about their wedding plans. She’s really excited.”

I sigh. “You really have to go?”

“Call me later. We can video chat too.” She pats my shoulder and then turns to Zelo. “It was nice to meet you. Sorry I can’t stay, but please take care of our Nami-chan.”

He nods and watches as Yumi waves like a fool walking backwards to the door.

“You never mentioned you have a sister,” he mutters.

“She lives abroad. She has for a while. Sometimes even I forget about her.” I hold onto the red thread she’s left around my shoulder. The thread that got stuck when she patted me a goodbye. “It’s always brief like this. Like she doesn’t exist, but she leaves me clues.”

“You really miss her, don’t you.”

I feel my eyes burn while repressing tears. “It’s a bit lonely without her. We have an of about four years. She’s 23 and lived abroad for most of college and middle school.” When she’s here, we’re attached at the hip. I follow her around constantly looking for her fated, hoping to help with her happiness.

“You said YongGuk was waiting on me?”

A/N: Sorry it's a bit short. AND THERE'S NO HIMCHAN OR BANG! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!!!

I really wanted to introduce Yumi. I don't think she'll play a big role, just a tiny one. There is one last character and she's going to be a really cute...cutie. I'll introduce her soon enough. (she's also minor.) Sorry to keep adding so many characters...and sorry it's so short. ;-; The next chapter will be better. OTL

Still thanks for reading this fail update.

 

Meng.

@lovely-fox  I'll update again before I leave. :) Just one more time and then I'm gone for a week. T_T I'll be without AFF and TUMBLR! *dies*

@Snipesesness there is nothing wrong with that. I always cheer for the underdog. Even when he doesn't stand a chance. There's something just too charming about an underdog that never gives up.

@KristineeVee bias? who's your bias? OuO? can't tell mine, at least not now. Bang