earning moans from the two older boys.

The Red Knot.

Photobucket

I breathe slowly. Nami, it’s only a test. Only a final exam. Only the exam that could fail me.

I haven’t talked to HimChan in about a week, but I’m going to see him tomorrow. More than just that, I’m going to his house. So is GeeNa. But all will be well. It must be.

“Nami-shi.” My eyes wander upwards and I spot YongGuk holding his thumbs up. “Hwaiting!”

I smile and repeat the same to him.

We studied every last second until the exam. He even came up with a rhyme for me. It’s more like a short rap...but it works. For that pesky formula I always mix up, he wrote me a sentence to remember it.

“Alright, you may start!”

Photobucket

“Nami-neh, Nami-neh! How’d you do?!”

Zelo jumps onto my shoulders causing me to fall forward. “I texted you last night when you asked me the thirteenth time.”

“No, you just said that your eyes were bleeding.”

I chuckle at him. I did say that. “I did great thanks to YongGuk-shi.”

“Ah, chincha? That’s awesome!”

“Speaking of which, where is he? I thought he was coming with us.”

Zelo takes my overnight bag and throws it over his shoulder. “He’s already with HimChan-Hyung. I came to get you and we’ll get GeeNa-shi as well.”

“Ah, I see.” When we get to her house I knock at the door and wait with Zelo at my side.

“Sarang~ sarang-hae~yo!”

“Aishi~ aieru yo!” both Zelo and I sing. I’m thinking he spends too much time with me now.

“Annyo Zelo-shi,” GeeNa smiles and then looks at me. “So you did survive. I’m so proud!” She pinches my cheeks and gives me a peck on the forehead.

“Aish, GeeNa-yah~ enough.” I link arms with the both of them and we stroll the whole way to the neighboring apartment.

“Hyung, open up!” Zelo shouts ringing the doorbell furiously.

“Is this how you act when we’re not around?” an older woman nags from behind the door. It swings inward and she appears crossing her arms. “Such a rude child!” She shakes her head and a man appears behind her.

“Yeobo, we’ve got to leave. The bus leaves soon.” He pushes the woman through the door. “Hyung has our bags in his trunk so all we have to do is go.”

“Umma, why are you still here?” Zelo asks the woman. “I would think HimChan’s parents would still be here...not you and Appa.”

“Good reasoning. This is their home, but I wanted to meet the two girls coming over. To make sure they’re real.” She smiles at both GeeNa and me before greeting us formally. “Please take care of our JunHong.”

I look at Zelo. It never dawned on me that that can not be his real name.

“We will, enjoy your trip.” GeeNa and I bow and let her leave. She squeezes her son tightly and then chases after her husband.

“Your parents are nice,” I say softly.

“Huh, never thought of it like that,” he sighs. “Kaja! Hyungs are waiting, and we haven’t eaten yet.”

I turn to GeeNa. “What I said earlier still applies.”

She nods her head. I messaged her yesterday that if she can’t stay for whatever reason, she can leave and I’ll take care of everything. I hope that it won’t happen, but I can’t be sure about she’s gonna do.

I take a step inside and there’s a pop with streamers falling into my face. “Omo! What’s this?”

“Congrats on your final exam!” HimChan shouts.

I smile uncontrollably. It’s almost like nothing happened between us. “But I haven’t gotten the results back yet.”

“The point is that you finished it,” he laughs giving me a hug. “Ah, GeeNa-shi. How are you?”

“Annyo, it’s been awhile again,” she smiles weakly.

“But you two are neighbors,” Zelo says lowly. I jab him in the stomach.

“Who’s hungry?” I smile.

While waiting for GeeNa to fix dinner, Zelo and I build forts in the living room with what ever we can find. Soon, there are two tent like structures in the den. Zelo takes a step back to look at our work and I use the moment to sneak something into my back pocket.

“Hyung look! It’s just like the ones they use in the army!” he yells, to HimChan or YongGuk?

“Wha-ow! Looks good,” YongGuk awes. “I bet we could have a battle.”

“Why not?” HimChan smiles tossing two balls of rubber bands to us. “I thought I might need them eventually.”

I take cover with Zelo beneath a fort and shoot a band at HimChan’s knee and then one at YongGuk’s stomach.

“Nami-shi! You’re going to bruise me!” HimChan shrieks ducking behind the other fort.

I aim again with Zelo at my side.

“Shoot!” We release them and let the rubber fly across the room until we’ve used them all. “Ah! there’s none left!”

“While wasting your ammo, we’ve been collecting it,” YongGuk chuckles. He raises both hands as finger guns alongside HimChan and takes aim.

“Nami-yah, I brought you water like you as-”

Zelo grabs GeeNa around the waist and pulls her to our fort just in time.  “Yah! I’m not even playing!” she pouts like a child.

“Too late,” HimChan chuckles.

“You’re involved. You chose the wrong side,” YongGuk finishes.

They attack again and I take the water from GeeNa. “Water now?”

“Just wait.” I take a sip and pull the plastic gun from my back pocket. Using my mouth I transfer the water to the small hole. I know it’s gross...but HimChan and YongGuk have left me no choice.

“My water gun,” Zelo awes. “BRILLIANT!”

“What is it?” HimChan asks across the battlefield.

“Ah nothing!” I say between sips. Zelo and GeeNa gather the rubber bands and position themselves to shoot. “Time to get soaked!”

I spray them both through the thin fabric and they stand straight up. Zelo and GeeNa take this moment to shoot the bands earning moans from the two older boys.

*ding!*

“Looks like we won!” Zelo shouts jumping up. “We beat you! Merong!”

“Who said you could use that?!” the two boy sulk pointing to my water gun.

“No one. But who said I couldn’t?”

They roll their eyes.

“Dinner’s ready!”

“Nunah...” Zelo awes. “You can make pizza?”

GeeNa cuts it into eighths. “My specialty is foreign foods. Nami’s is rice.”

I make a face. “Yah! My dukkbokki is dae~bak!”

“Ah Nami-neh?”

I turn to Zelo. “Dae?”

“That’s still rice.”

I hear snorts from both HimChan and YongGuk. “Yah! You’ll be lucky to have any.” Actually...dukkbokki isn’t that difficult to make. I guess I’m just creating unnecessary hype.

“Chincha? Make it tomorrow please,” HimChan smiles.

It’s not even a meal, it’s more like an appetizer, but he asks sweetly that I melt. “Sure. I will.” I only see GeeNa by chance and notice the blank look on her face. “What’s wrong?”

“Nami-yah, I’m not feeling well. I think I’ve got a migraine.” Her brows furrow into a concerning look. “I need to go back home.” She keeps her eyes down and bows to the table. “Jweisung hamnida...I wasn’t much help.”

HimChan stands up to help but I shake my head no. That would make things worse. I lift her up slowly and walk her to her apartment. We get to her room and I sit her onto the bed. “Just lay down,” I command covering her eyes with a cloth.

“Miyanae...I thought I’d be okay....But I can’t do it.”

I close the shutters and look at her.

“I want to be able to see you happy and I’m glad that you’re reacting so well, but it’s making me feel weird. He broke up with you but he still acts like friends. I don’t understand.” Her voice is shaking too much. “Why?! Why does he have to be so kind?” Her hands close over her face but not before tears slide from the corners of her eyes. “He’s always so warm. Why? Why can’t I hate him.” Her voice cracks and she rolls to her side. “He was so cold to me but my heart still flutters when I see him. It’s not fair!”

I comb my fingers through her hair hoping to calm her.

“Nami-ya, how do you stand it?” Her voice muffles into a raspy cough. “I have to...” she mutters and then leans over the bed to throw up into her trash can. “Nami-yah, I’m too pathetic. Just leave me.”

I wipe with the cloth and prop her up against pillows. “Yah!” She looks at me with her grey eyes. Everything I was going to say slips from my mind. I don’t care about wanting to make things better with HimChan. I just need to help my best friend.

“This love is a sickness,” she utters before closing her eyes.

Maybe the threads aren’t always right. Maybe people like me are born to fix what is wrong. I’m fated to this boy and my feelings don't measure to even an inch of hers.

Photobucket

A/N: Did you see what i did with the chapter title? laughs like a teenage boy then cries at her actual age

ieatrice already told me her thoughts (still dunno if I should spoil...). I'm happy to know what you Babyz think ^^ I made that spoiler blog for anyone who wants to tell me what they predict but no one has even looked at it yet. I'm really interested to know what everyone's thinking...or if they're thinking about it lol XD but I think everything unravels (PUN TOTALLY INTENDED) in the next update or two.

Everyone has heard "No Mercy"...right? I've been informed by XSophophobiaX that it's up on iTunes. :DD Give it some love! But I do hope that JongUp and HimChan have more parts in the future.

Thank you muchly not a real word for reading/commenting/subbing/or whatever you do. This Unni is going to go watch Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and cry now.

-Meng <3

 

Another BAP story by a subblie of mine ^^

Please read it too! Babyz share the love with XSophophobiaX! :)

Since when~?

Not being bribed....to do these! I wanna share what's been shared with me ^^ but you can pay me with seal-claps for 'No Mercy' XD

@pyjamagirl : OTL really? *suffocating hug* thank you ;_; I feel really bad because I haven't given much thought to TaeHoon. I modeled him off of one of my overbearing friends so I try not to think about him much. I will work hard on him too! I was going to finish up the story in the next few chapters, but I think I want to write more now. It'll just come a bit slower

@Snipesesness : GO Gukie GO! haha even if he wasn't in this much. :{

@laurenmeg10 : It's even better with that husky voice of his ;) too ironic

@KristineeVee : GO HimChanie GO! go, Go, GO!!!