No...I love sushi!

The Red Knot.

“So if you’re not following us, then what are you doing?” the dark haired boy questions.

“Well, I’m on my way home. But now that I see you guys up close, you kinda look familiar...did you attend North High?” I ask trying to redeem myself.

The blonde with curly hair shakes his head. “I’m still in middle school.”

No. Freaking. Way. Dear Amaterasu*, do not tell me I am fated to be a e.

     *Shinto goddess of gods.

The dark haired boy backs off. “Our Zelo maybe tall, but he’s a baby.” He ruffles the boy’s hair. “Yah, Hyung...get off!”

The boy with purplish colored hair knocks the other off Zelo. “None of us attended that school, sorry.” He leads the others away and I scramble for an excuse.

“If that’s so..then...” They look back at me. “Can you walk me home anyways? It’s getting dark.”

The one with dark hair makes a ‘does-this-girl-really-have-the-gall-to-say-that-again’ face, but the other two motion for me to join. “Sorry to bother you. I don’t live that far.”

“Nuna, dunworrehabetit,” Zelo laughs. “You’re too pretty to walk alone anyways.”

The dark haired boy jabs him in the side.

“HimChan-shi, cut it out! You know that hurts!” He merongs the boy and then smiles to me. “Oh, this is HimChan Hyung and YongGuk Hyung...you are?”

“Nami,” I smile. I could totally get used to this bright and sunny kid.

“Nami~,” he repeats chewing on the sound. “It’s really cute. Nami-Nuna...no, that won’t work.”

“Nami-chan.”

I look over at YongGuk who just addressed me.

“It sounds a little Japanese.”

My cheeks start to burn. I shouldn’t really go around telling people I’m mixed...but I do like the name. “Nami-chan it is!” I’m startled by the boy.

“Oh! Onee is big sister in Japanese...what about Nami-neh?”

I look at him. Aigoo~ he’s so cute! I just want to pinch his cheeks.

“You’re getting too comfortable Zelo," Himchan tches.

Zelo points at him. “You’re just jealous because I have a name for Nami-neh that only I can use...you’re too old.” Again, he merong-ed.

“Whatever, we’re just taking her home.”

“Jealous.”

“Am not.”

“Jea-LOUS!”

“AM NOT!”

“JEALOUS!”

“AM-”

“Excuse me, this is my stop.” I seriously can’t take it anymore.

“Really?” Zelo awes.

“Yup.” I begin the steps to the apartment complex. “Bye~!” I wave with both hands like a fool and watch as Zelo attempts to wave only to be pushed by Himchan. In the background, YongGuk gives a simple flick of the hand. I smile and run up to my floor and shut the door behind me.

Just who is my soul mate?



My pin twirls in my hand as I struggle to think of words to write. Seriously, why do I need to write an essay for my calculus class? Math is numbers and symbols, not really hangul.

“Nami! You’re friend is here~” Umma sings down the hall.

Friend? Why didn’t she just yell GeeNa or TaeHoon? That’s weird. And the both of them are so behind on with class work it isn't funny. Well, it is to me because I’ve been done for weeks. This essay isn’t due till-

“LI NAMI!”

I close my book. “Hai!” Maybe it’s GeeNa.. if that’s the case, then I guess I have to sing it, right? I mean we ARE best friends. “Sarang~ sarang-hae~yo! Aishi~ aieru yo!” I sing jumping into the doorway with my arms making a huge heart.

“...You do?”

My expression sours. It’s not GeeNa nor TaeHoon. “I-I...”

“Nami, is he your boyfriend?” Umma asks pointing to the boy.

I wave my hands. “Ani! We’re...” What are we? Soul mates? “We just met the other day.” I hid behind my sleeve. We better not be soul mates...he’s so young!

“Well...I’ll leave you two be.” Umma picks up her magazine and goes to her room.

Aish! What did I do? What can I do now?! For all I know, he could be my soul mate. Who am I to go against fate? “Um...so why did you come?” I ask lowly.

“I want ice-cream and my Hyungs don’t want to go. I have no one else to ask and I kinda like Nami-neh.” He glances at me and me and tries to read my expression before I can speak. “It’s totally MY treat!”

I guess I can’t argue with free ice-cream.



“Zelo, what is that?” I motion to the mess of ice-cream.

“It was a scoop of mint, chocolate, and something blue...but I think it melted.” He sticks his spoon into the tie-dye goop and takes a bite. “Not too bad.”

I laugh and sit comfortably with my chocolate chip ice-cream. “So, what’s new with you?”

“Nothing much, it’s only been about two days.”

“True.”

“Two days of HimChan’s non stop blabbering. Seriously, that guy keeps talking about you.”

I lean forward in my seat. “Really?”

He bites his spoon. “Yeah! Won sop alking bou how you were blo.” (Won’t stop talking about how you were bold.)

Somehow...I manage to understand.

“Is that bad? He didn't seem to like me all the much before.”

He takes the spoon and points it at me, waving it side to side. “Not at all. I think what he really means to say is, ‘Wow, did you see that beautiful girl stop me? She’s gorgeous and she came right to me.’ ...Hyung is stupid.”

I bite at my bottom lip. Maybe...Himchan is the one. But he’s so.... “Really? He doesn’t look like he means that.”

“Nami, my Hyung is a pabo. ...I’m sure he really likes you. Like crazily and deeply is interested. Boys always tease the girls they really like.”

“That’s a really stupid thing to say,” a voice says over our heads.

I look up and see him, HimChan.

He catches my eyes and turns away. “I thought you said you were coming here with a classmate.”

“I guess I lied,” the kid grins.

Himchan doesn’t dare look back at me. He takes a seat next to Zelo, taking the time to turn it backwards and avoids me. “Bang and I were worried.”

“Yah, I said I was going to be here. You guys didn’t want to come, so I’m here with Nami-neh!”

The older boy rests his chin on the back of the seat. “Anyways, what are you two doing?”

“EATING ICE-CREAM!”

I stare at Zelo. Is he possessed or something?

“Hyung, just ask her out already. There is no denying it.” Zelo takes my hand and holds it up as if I’m about to take an oath. “There is no other reason for you to be here. You’re stalling. If you don’t ask her out right now, I will.”

My eyes widen. I am WAY too old to be dating someone in middle school.

“HYUNG!”

“What?!”

“Stop being a pansy!”

HimChan glares at Zelo. “Nami-shi.”

It’s the first time that he’s addressed me by my name so it scares me.

“Maybe we should go for some ice-cream later. Together.”

My heart jumps clear across the room.

“Hyung, try again. Nami-neh and I are going to do the whole ice-cream thing together. Think of something else.”

I feel the urge to stand up, an urge I repress, but really? Zelo, come on...is he being territorial or what? I could eat ice-cream everyday if given the chance.

“Hyung, Nami-neh is waiting~” the younger taunts.

“Then we should get sushi.”

Zelo gawks at him. “Really Hyung? That’s the best you can do?”

I wave my hand. “No...I love sushi.”

The both of them look up at me.

“Really?”

I nod. A wave of embarrassment flows over me. Was I too energetic?

A smile creeps across Himchan’s face. “That’s great. Let me give you my number so you can text me when you’re free.”

I pass my phone and Zelo hands me his. “Nami-neh, I want your number too. We need to get ice-cream once a week.”

“Sounds good to me,” I sing happily typing in my phone number.

Himchan’s hand covers the screen and pushes the phone down. “Hey, you’re cheating on me already? I’m right in front of you too.”

Zelo nudges him with his shoulder. “Hyung, you’re jealous already?”

Himchan makes an attempt to slap him but Zelo ducks. “Hyung, you’re always so mean. *Merong!*”

The two start to push each other playfully and I can’t help but laugh. They are so cute. Maybe Himchan is my soul mate after all.

A/N: Question...do Koreans like sushi? I've never seen any (in Dramas, movies...etc) eat it. OTL *fail-asian*

Promise to have more Bang in the next chapter. :)