Epilogue One: Finially married.

The Red Knot.

thread-1.jpg

The bride's room was relatively silent with the faint hum of a piano playing in the background. She took her time examining herself in the mirror,  this was it. Her last moments before married life,  and it was genuinely bittersweet. She couldn't wait to see the face of her fiancé when she walked down the aisle, but she was also terrified.  She couldn't understand why. She loved him and only him. Without him happiness would drain from her and the same of him. So there she stood, wondering what this uneasy feeling was.

"Cheogiyo?*"
 

**Means something like “look” or “excuse me” but it’s more so to get someone’s attention.


She looked up at the familiar face in her mirror and smiled. The uneasy feeling was slowly fading. "Junhong-ah.”

“If you start that again I’m going to have to call you Nuna. I don’t think anyone wants that,” he chuckled. He pushed his chocolate brown hair from his face.

“Aw, I wish you would bleach your hair again. I miss the blonde.”

“Nami-neh, it was like that for so long. I’m twenty now. I think it’s about time I act like and adult.”

Nami giggled beneath her veil and covered with a hand. “So what brings you here?”

He smiled brightly taking a seat next to her full length mirror. “ChaeHee-shi isn’t coming.”

Nami turned to the boy lifting the skirt of her dress so that she could step closer. “What happened?”

Zelo sighed deeply taking Nami’s hand. “I’m sorry to bother you on the day of your wedding, I just thought that I should tell you.” His arm swung hers side to side and he gazed at their touch. “I don’t have anyone else to tell, you know? It’s always been you I talked to about these kind of things. Bang Hyung and Kim Hyung never really listened.”

She bit the inside of her cheek. “Pabo, what’s bothering you so. And don’t say its nothing! You would have waited if it wasn’t bothering you so much.”

He let out an exhausted groan, but smiled. Nami was always one to catch on. “She said that I was too interested in other girls.”

“How so?”

“You know DanHae-shi’s new boyfriend?”

She blinked. “You mean JongUp-ah?”

“I think he’s a player, if not a gigolo.”

To this Nami burst into laughter. “Why on Earth would you say that? I think the boy is sweet. He may be a little old for her, but she’s nearly and adult and he acts young for his age. If you didn’t have classes with him, I would have thought he was eighteen.” She grabbed her stomach from laughter and looked to Zelo. “Did you tell this to ChaeHee?”

“She told me I was more invested in other relationships than my own.” His left foot stomped onto the floor. “Like hell! ChaeHee’s my Hyung’s cousin. I need to watch out for her.”

Nami raised an eyebrow and gripped his hand tighter. Knowing the way of the threads, she had long been aware that he and DanHae were tied. “If you say so, but I can see why she got upset.”

“She got mad at me telling me that I’ve never said I love her. We’ve only been dating a few months now.”

Nami tried desperately to hide her giggles into her hand. “Zelo-yah, I’m sorry it happened this way.”

His thumb ran over her knuckles and he stood up swiftly. “She kept saying stupid things like I loved DanHae more than her. Nami-neh, I’ve only ever loved one person.” He tucked her veil back and leaned down to kiss her softly. Before she could refuse he ended the kiss and wrapped his arms around her. “It’s not to late to change your mind.”

“No, it’s only ten minute past the scheduled time for your wedding,” a third voice called into the room.

The two of them looked up to see the best man struggling to fix his hair. “HimChan-shi?”

“Nami-shi, you’re not cheating again are you?”

The girl collapsed her upper body onto the much taller boy. “You would bring that up, wouldn’t you? First off, this is nothing...and secondly, YoungJae-shi kept chasing. I never consented to anything.”

“Funny how things work,” the best man laughed fixing her veil. “You just tried to get him to stop bugging your best friend and he takes interest in you. Next thing you know, his best friend is chasing yours, so you end up with two problems instead of one.”

Nami smacks the sides of her face. “The both of them are ridiculous. I love Jung DaeHyun and Yoo YoungJae, but they’re troublemakers. All I wanted was for YoungJae-yah to leave GeeNa-yah alone and then DaeHyun-ah is all over her. Poor TaeHoon-ah.”

“Poor YongGuk-shi. He’s still friends with the both of them. How he managed that, I’ll never understand.” He perfected her hair and veil before taking one final look. “You know, Yumi-yah is still upset so don’t draw attention to it.”

Nami let out a deep sigh and gripped her forehead. “She knows that she was supposed to be my maid of honor. It’s not my fault that the two of you decided to get pregnant. She’s about to pop. There’s no way I’m making her waddle down the aisle.” Nami looked at her brother-in-law and covered a smile. “She’s really giving you that much trouble?”

He let out a sigh. “It’s different this time. With RiNa-yah she was so calm, but there’s no talking to her right now. I tried to explain that you and YongGuk-shi planned this date over a year ago but...” he sighed again. “Nami, I think I’m falling apart trying to keep her together.”

Nami wrapped herself around her brother-in-law, friend, and soon to be father of her second niece. “Don’t worry. She’ll be bitter for a while, but she’ll get over it. I’m saving a bottle of wine for you two by the way. Since she can’t drink now, I’m sure you two can enjoy it later. Her due date is next week right?”

HimChan ran his hand through his hair, almost as if he couldn’t believe it. “I’m going to be a father again.”

“You’re wife is going to stop breathing fire,” the younger boy laughed behind him. As his hand clamped down on his Hyung’s shoulder a fourth voice joined them.

“This isn’t because I play an important part in the wedding or anything, but everyone's getting antsy. What’s going on?”

The three of them looked up at the wedding singer. “Sh*t DaeHyun, I thought you were YongGuk.”

The Busan boy laughed before taking a step in. “I would be a pretty lucky man if I were YongGuk-shi. Then I would have someone that I knew was actually devoted to me.” He gave a great smile but all of them could hear the annoyance in his voice.  For the past five years GeeNa had gone back and forth between him and TaeHoon...seven times. At that moment she was with TaeHoon and was showing no signs of leaving.

"DaeHyun-shi, you should let me fix you up,” Nami winked. “I did pretty well with HimChan and Yumi.”

“You have another sister?” he joked letting his eyes thin into lines.

“No, just a baby brother...Omo KiHung is soo cute! But I think I know someone good for you.”

Daehyun took her hand and led her to the door. “For another day. Today you leave this life of Lee Nami.” He pushed her veil to the side and kissed the side of her cheek softly. “Thank you for being a great friend. I wish you and YongGuk happiness. I apologize for being a pain over the years.”

Nami couldn’t help the grin that grew across her face. “You’re happiness is coming. Just have a little bit of faith.” He extended her pinkie finger and linked it with his.

As she walked down the aisle, Nami caught a glimpse of everyone. Her very pregnant unni was sitting next to their mother and Mr. Pak with baby RiNa playing with her shoes. On the other side her cousin Yukiko, her fiancé Hikato and the twin grandmothers were watching proudly as another “Thread Seer” was about to be wed. Next to them was YonGuk’s family: his parents and oldest cousin DanHae accompanied by her newest boyfriend Moon JongUp. The younger of the two sisters was the flower girl, thus she was already at the alter.

When Nami let the arm of her father go to join his new wife and son, she captured the eyes of her anticipating fiancé and before she knew it, she had tripped over DanHae and Zelo’s thread. YongGuk and the rest of the thread seers hid a smile behind their worried expressions. Of course, Nami was wondering why in the world Amaterasu would tease these two lovers, DanHae and Zelo.

“You okay?” YongGuk hummed once she got to his side.

“You know I’ve been through worse.” She linked her pinkie finger with his and waited for those long awaited words of I do.

“You may now kiss the bride,” the officiant smiled.

Nami looked and YongGuk with a you-know-what-we-talked-about expression. His hands slid around his cheek and waist before he leaned in to meet her lips. They had discussed what kind of kiss would be appropriate for the ceremony but YongGuk tilted his head deepening the bond. When his lips parted for a breath she took her chance to the side of his face signaling “enough.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Bang YongGuk.”

The turned to their family and friends who cheered and shouted “About time!”

Their five year relationship had become legally bound. With a silver ring to match their red ones.

“Oppa! Oppa dance with me~!” DanYi sang pulling at the arms of her cousin.

YongGuk looked to his wife who encouraged the dance. “Go!”

He smiled and picked up the girl placing her onto the dance floor. Grabbing her hands, he helped the flower-girl onto his feet and pivoted back and forth. The two relatives laughed as she struggled to keep her feet on his.

“May I cut in?” Zelo asked taking DanYi’s hand. Oddly enough the two of them had grown close over the past few years. Zelo was still not any good at origami and DanYi was quick to point it out, but the two of them were similar and childish.

“Can I have this dance?” YongGuk asked extending an arm to Nami.

“You’re so cheesy,” she grinned happily taking his offer. “Why did I agree to marry you?”

The corners of his mouth pulled back into his cheeks as he pressed her to his body. “Maybe it’s because of my dashing looks or crazy charms.”

Nami giggled taking his chin in her hand. “Nah, must be something else.”

His mouth met hers and he pulled away resting his nose against hers. “Or maybe you’re just addicted to me. You know no other touch.”

Nami bit at her bottom lip. She had planned on telling him later, but seeming as he brought it up...she had no choice, she couldn’t hide anything from her fated. “Actually...”

“What? You’re not cheating on me with YoungJae are you?”

“Ani.” Her lips moved above his ear and she whispered. “Another kissed me.”

“Bwoh?! Who? I’ll kill him!"

She wrapped her arms snuggly around him kissing the corner of his mouth. “Zelo, but it’s nothing to worry about. He was just upset. It was just a ppoppo.*
 

**In Korean this is like a peck or “innocent” kiss.


“But-” he looked at his friend dancing with his cousin.

Nami fidgeted into his vision locking in on his eyes. “He was upset. So don’t worry about it.” Her lips fell on his and she pulled him closer into the embrace. "He was okay for a kid."

YongGuk looked at her confused by the statement them took it as a compliment. "So you're saying I'm a better kisser?"

Nami placed her lips to his ear and smiled. "Your jealousy might be one of the more attractive sides of you."

About then, baby RiNa wandered up to Nami and pulled on the skirt of her dress. YongGuk bent down to the girl and scooped her up. At the age of two, RiNa didn’t talk much but she loved giving and receiving hugs. She looked up at her aunt and uncle and squeezed them together. "Rina-ya would you like to dance with me?" YongGuk asked the toddler.

She looked at him knowingly and wrapped her arms around his neck. Not long after that, Nami’s much younger half brother walked up to them looking a bit left out. “KiHung-ah, will you dance with me?”

The boy looked up at his sister. They only shared a father, but the two looked much alike. “Come here!” she took him in her arms and swayed with the music. “Say annyo to RiNa-yah!”

The toddler looked to YongGuk and then RiNa. “Annyo,” he waved. It was odd to think that he was her uncle, but his mother was much younger. In the beginning Nami and her sister had a hard time approving of their father and stepmother having a baby, but she was young and deserved at least that much.

“Ah! YongGuk-shi, do you have the letters?” Nami asked twirling her brother in a circle.

“They’re in my pocket, why?”

Nami kissed her baby brother and but him back on the ground. “I don’t want to forget.”

After taking the letters from him, she chased down Zelo and handed him one. “Here, take this and don’t open it until the date on it.”

He flipped it over in his hands. “This is like four years from now.”

“I know,” she smiled. “But it’s important that you leave it alone till then. Arraso?”

He nodded his head and she left on her mission to find DanHae. Finding DanHae was not the difficult part, waiting to get her white she was alone was. Nami looked at DanHae with her boyfriend JongUp and played with the letter. Maybe YongGuk could get through to her. Nami couldn't exactly “cut-in.”

“Yeobo, leave this to me,” a voice sang kissing the lob of her ear. YongGuk took the envelope and hid it in his pocket before walking to his cousin. “Excuse me, but...can I have this dance?”

JongUp gave a wide smile saying “Of course” and took a step back.

“Oppa, congratulations!” DanHae laughed as he put his hands at her waist, allowing her to rest her own at his shoulders.

He leaned in closer jokingly. “What’s that? I can’t hear you. I think I heard something contradicting to the first four years I spent with my wife.” He laughed as her face twisted into disgust. “Oppa, I’m an adult now. I’m seventeen*. You don’t have to treat me like a baby anymore.”

“Arraso, arraso. I guess that’s reserved for DanYi.” He smiled sweetly and then asked the big question. “So...How’s JongUp?”

A weird sort of half-smile crept along her lips. “Energetic, but sweet.”

“Ah,” her cousin sighed. “Well, I’ve got a gift for you, but you have to promise to wait off on opening it. You can’t tell anyone about it either.”

DanHae bit her lip. “Oppa, what is it?”

“Aish...It’s a surprise. I can’t tell you until you open it. Even still you have to wait. Just wait.” He reached into his suit and gave her the white envelope. “You have to wait for the date on the outside to open it. Arraso? ...and you can’t go telling people about it. Don’t lose it. Whatever you do-”

“Yes Mom,” DanHae sighed. “Seriously, sometimes I think you remember me as the little brat who thought that kissing caused death.”

YongGuk chuckled and pressed his lips to her forehead. “Yeah, that year you were twelve* was a big year.”

She looked at the date and shrieked. "Oppa! This is the day I turn 21!*"
 

**I'm still using the Korean aging system. In western years at the first * she's sixteen, at the second eleven and at the last she's going to be twenty in western years.


Across the way, YoungJae and DaeHyun were chatting with Nami. She gripped both of their shoulders in order to keep herself from doubling over in laughter.

“Yoo YoungJae, you’re too much. But really, you should ask that woman from work out to eat. I get the feeling that she’d be special.”

YoungJae looked at the older woman and sighed. “Nuna, she’s not as pretty as you.”

“Aw, you’re sweet, but no one looks good in those surgical masks. I’m sure she’d be good for you.” Nami looked at him and patted his shoulder. “You never know until you try.”

“But-”

“YoungJae-yah! No buts!” She turned to DaeHyun who was standing at her other side. The wedding singer looked at her intently and she nearly fainted from his gaze. “Promise me that you’ll make sure that he goes out with that intern?”

DaeHyun nodded slightly.

“As for you, do you see that girl over there?” She watched him as he looked across the room. “Her name is Choi YooHee. I had a few classes with her last year and I think that you two might look good together.”

He chuckled. “You’re not saying this to get me away from your best friend are you?”

Nami tried to stifle a laugh. She was, but he and YooHee were connected by the threads. “It’s more like I get this feeling you two will be good together.” She gives him a hug and whispers into his ear. “You’re up on stage soon. Try and catch her attention...don’t mess this up.”

He gives her a light squeeze back and smiles. “Thank you.”

“Nami!”

She looks over DaeHyun’s shoulder to find a somewhat annoyed YongGuk. “Busanie....Can I have my wife back?” His voice was low like a growl and he wore an almost smirk.

“Good luck!” she cheered as he excused himself and went back to work. “Why are you always like that?” She said addressing YongGuk.

“Why do you always flirt with him?”

She rolled her eyes and took her husband’s hands pulling him back out to the dance floor. “I dunno, maybe he just has that effect on me.” The side of curled into a smile.

YongGuk looked at her even more irritated than before. “You have got to be kidding me.”

She leaned forward pressing a kiss to his lips as they danced slowly to DaeHyun’s voice. YongGuk lowered himself slightly and tilted his head deepening the kiss.

“Get a room!” The best man yelled from across the dancefloor. His wife and mother-in-law gave him disapproving looks while the newlywed couple simply laughed at him.

To YongGuk, he was the best man, a best friend and now legally a brother.

thread-1.jpg

A/N:


"So my hyungs are happy and you've written me into a sad corner?! MeiMeng...I'm disappointed in you."

*creying*

Zelo, this is why I promised to write a second epilogue! Don't get mad at me TT~TT I've been planning to give you a happy ending from the beginning. Why do you think DanHae exists?!

 

My new story~
I'll start updating soon! It's going to be free, but I think there are going to be kind of mature topics but in a funny way. I've never really aimed for writting a comedy before, but I think this is going to be somewhere along the lines of "romantic comedy."

@Gbbi15: this is about all I have left to give /OTL

@toowhiteforkpop: chincha? yay! thank you so much ^^

@ieatrice: ...does this answer your question from before? They did get married! :D
Sorry for my continuous sobbing. It feels like I'm saying goodbye to friends (both in the story and my readers). T^T
Thank you for the song! I've never heard it before >< listens to WAAAAY too much kpop (you can never listen to 'to much kpop')