again like a tsunami.

The Red Knot.

Photobucket

“NAMI!”

The scissors are knocked from my hands and something warm covers my face. “Nami-shi, what are you doing?”

I realize the extent that I am crying and sob even harder. For a moment, I don’t know what I am doing. I’m not sure why I am crying. I just know that I’m sad. Isn’t that enough?

“Nami-shi?”

I wrap my arms around him. I can’t stop crying long enough to understand the situation. I can’t make out the voice. I just can’t.

“Nami-shi,” the voice coos rubbing my back gently. “Everything is alright. Just breathe.”

I cough loudly into his shoulder, muffling the sounds that would awake the others.

“Nami-shi?” He pushes me away softly and wipes the tears from my eyes. “Nami-shi, what’s wrong?”

I swallow. “YongGuk-shi?”

“Dae, I heard you in the kitchen and decide to check up on you. What happened?” He continues to wipe my eyes with his sleeve. “Nami-shi, what’s wrong?” He holds my face in his hands and I look at him. For a brief moment, I sense a confusing emotion and then everything hits me again like a tsunami.

“I can’t keep my promise,” I sob holding on to his wrists. “I can’t. It’s not fair to everyone else.”

He rubs my cheeks with his thumbs. “Nami-shi, what promise? I’m sure it’s not that bad.”

“I can’t,” I hiccup looking away from him. “I can’t love HimChan the way you want me to. I can’t love him like GeeNa-yah. I just can’t.”

“Nami-shi-”

“I don’t think I was born to see the strings, but instead…fix them.” There is so many emotions raging in my head that I can’t keep it together. “It’s not a gift, it’s a curse! I’ve waited nineteen years to be in love and I can’t. I can’t love him if I can easily give him up!”

“Nami-shi what are you talking about?”

“YongGuk-shi, I can’t love him. I’m not capable of loving him. I can’t love him like GeeNa does. He broke up with me and all I could do was sigh and live with it. I practically didn’t care. That’s not love! I don’t want it to be love!”

“Didn’t care?” he breathes.

“It’s like Zelo-shi asking me to go out with him,” I gasp through tears calming down slowly. I even chuckle. “For a second I’m flattered, but I know he’s only attracted to me because we’re all knotted up together.”

“Wait, what do you mean by ‘knotted up’?”

“What does it matter? I need to fix this. If I manage to cut these threads I can ties them up so that all ends well.”

His fingers tighten around my jaw. “Nami-shi, you can’t change fate. What do you mean by ‘knotted up’?”

I feel tears rolling down my face but what is the point of them? They can’t change the fact that everything is wrong. “You, HimChan and Zelo have somehow created this huge knot. Your threads are all tangled together.”

“If there’s no direct way to know who you are connected to, then why do you chose HimChan?”

“Because, he’s the only one that tried.”

Something in YongGuks face softens. “Nami-shi, I’ll let you cut the strings if you do something first.”

By now I’ve stopped crying, I think I’ve cried all I can. “What is that?”

“Un-do the knot.”

“What’s the point?”

He smiles so simply that I want to join him. “Because, what if you do all of this…and you’re not even tied to him. What if you tie GeeNa-shi to Zelo-yah.”

“That’s foolish,” I scoff.

“It might be, but do you know for sure?”

He has a point I guess.

“Nami-shi, tell me what I need to do.”

We wake up the boys and sit them down at the table in chairs. “If everyone is up off the floor, the threads will just move through the chairs like they’re not even there,” I explain to YongGuk. Zelo and HimChan have already fallen back asleep resting their heads on the table top.

“You can go to sleep you know.”

YongGuk looks at me setting his chin on the table. “I will, once you’re done.”

I begin to unknot while his eyes follow me. Isn’t it boring to watch a girl struggle with invisible threads. …Wait, that might actually be entertaining. I pull a thread and it stretches as I try to loop it around Zelo. I continue for what seems like hours, looping and pulling as I try my best not to trip. I can’t let anything go or else it will knot back up, and nothing I use to keep that from happening will hold. The threads will just slip right through it.

“Nami-shi, is that tugging from you?” YongGuk asks propping his chin onto his fist.

“Dae, as long as it’s your pinkie, that’s me,” I smile. There is something strange and calming about undoing the knot.

It’s 4 AM. “I’m almost done,” I announce to YongGuk who I believe is asleep.

He doesn’t make a sound. I guess he really did fall asleep, and I can’t blame him. There’s literally nothing that he can do except stay there and wait.

My fingers slip through three threads and tug them apart. I bring one around HimChan and set it free from the knot. It’s Zelo and DanHae’s thread. There’s only the two left and I create an opening big enough for me to step into and pull around my head. The two threads snap away from each other and my breath stops.

“Yong…YongGuk-shi?” I ask bringing my hands closer to his.

He doesn’t answer. He’s asleep.

“YongGuk-shi.” I feel my voice croak.

I press my face to the table and cry.

His hands wrap around mine and I feel an incredible warmth. “Nami-shi, why do you keep crying?”

I can’t stop shaking. How can this be right? If it is, then I almost made a huge mistake.

He stands up groggily and holds me in his arms. “Did you feel that too…or was it just me?”

“Feel…” that almost sunny feeling?

“Don’t tell me you didn’t, because I know you’d be lying.” His hand falls to the small of my back and he bends his knees to grab the lower part of my legs.

“YongGuk-shi!” I gasp securing myself around his neck.

“You need to go to sleep now. Arasso? You’ve got to be exhausted.”

I can’t think of anything to say. Nothing seems to fit the circumstances. Sorry, I thought I was in love with your best friend sounds bad.

“Nami-shi, stop thinking,” he breathes into my hair. “We’ve got a life time to figure this out…but for now, sleep.”

He’s right.

I sigh deeply and take a breath of his sent. It’s overly calming. Slightly musky but also sweet. After all the times he’s carried me before, how did I not notice this smell?

He lays me down onto HimChan’s bed and situates himself beside me. “Nami-shi?”

I want to say something apologetic. I mean, I’ve put him through so much already and to find this out now?

“I don’t want to rush you.” I can see him perfectly with the moon behind him. “If you choose to leave me, I’ll wish for your happiness…so don’t be scared. We’ll figure this out together.” He presses his lips to the center of my brow. “Good night.”

Photobucket

A/N: I'm uploading this straight from my Tumblr which is where I've also posted chapter 19 I'm trying to wait for my last two chapters..but it's not looking like I'm getting them anytime soon and I'm already on chapter 24 on Google DOCs. :/ I'm glad I saved it, but I still miss my chats with you Babyz ><

Spoiler Alert: Nami is not the only one who sees the threads but it's not what you think. you can guess, but I'm sure you'll be wrong >:3 BWAHAHAhahaha~!

I'm trying to write a DaeHyunxOC oneshot. I'll let you know when it's up....but if you don't like ...or are too young *ahem* Mei Unni here is watching *ahem* then please don't read it TT_TT No more getting Jason in trouble...please. I always feel weird writing , but when I want to...I want to. sometimes its really apparent in my other stories that I'm wanting to write it....this oneshot will stop me from making this a M rated story. I REFUSE to add to this story. that's why I stopped writng my last.

There was a comment, I dunno if it got deleted or it's still there (I'm lazy and tired = =), but someone asked to have more TaeHoon and GeeNa...I actually have three other fated couples in addition to introduce...you know a good two thirds of the characters already. If not asked....I would have not done anything with them...and Nami wouldn't be going to Tokyo. In other words ....I caved.

School starts this Monday ;~; and I'm taking difficult courses...so I'm trying to write as much as I can so I can revise and edit...then upload. I was thinking I'd be done before school, but now I just want to finish before the BigBang concert...preferably earlier.

Anyways~ thanks for reading, subbing (new sublies?! hi!!! :DD) and commenting ^^ (if for what ever reason I never personally thanked you for subbing, I'm sorry ;-; I try to thank everyone that wastes their time on my stories XD)

Mei Meng out~ ^^

@pyjamagirl : I've been awol too >< I'm so used to updating several times a week, so this was weird for me. ...Chincha? touched? ;~; /hugs thank you, I dislike when female leads just get pushed around and do nothing.

@toowhiteforkpop : I wrote her a very fluffly two chapters for this ^^ it's a bit too-much...but I'm not going to cut any of it out >< Nami x ---- for life! (they're fated...so of course it's for life XD)

 

...

totally just realized that you know who Nami is fated to, and the whole time in the author's note...I was thinking and writing like you didn't /faceplam