there’s always me.

The Red Knot.

Photobucket

I begin to daze off while walking off with TaeHoon and GeeNa. I know that I’m supposed to be meeting up with Zelo for ice-cream...but I can’t stop thinking about HimChan. He sent me another flower today, but this time there was a picture in the envelope. It was one that we took the other day. My cheek was pressed against his and I made a stupid face while he stole a caring glance.

“This may be my favorite picture...” was scribbled on the back with the date of our outing and “Day 5.”

I sandwiched it between the front cover of my planner and the first page. There is no way that I am going to lose this. It means a lot to me.

“Nami-yah~” GeeNa teases.

“Dae?”

“What’s up with you? You look rather dreamy.” She smacks the sides of her cheeks. “Did something happen with you and YongGuk-shi?!”

I stop and hold my hands up to her. “Ani, aniya! Why would you think that?”

She shrugs her shoulders and then gets really close to me. “Then what is it?”

I look at TaeHoon and then back to her. If he were gone, sure...I’d spill my guts. But then again, I think she might have dated HimChan. Maybe I shouldn’t tell her. I could never hurt my best friend.

“Nami-shi...I heard Auntie say something to Umma at the market. Are you seeing anyone?”

A warm feeling trickles down my back. It’s like a wave of anxiety and a splash of happiness. “D-dae.”

“Do I know him?”

I look at GeeNa who is smiling with delight. She knows as much as everyone else that I don’t really date. “If I tell you, you’re just going to trash talk him.”

“It’s that guy with the purple hair, isn’t it?!” His face starts to get red and once again I am waving open palms into someone’s face.

“Ani! Leave him alone!”

“Nami-shi! If it’s not him, then it has to be that boy you meet after school all the time!” He look s almost completely disgusted with me.

“It’s not him! Leave me alone. It’s none of your business!”

“Nami-shi, as one of your closest friends, I think I have your best interest.”

“TaeHoon, I am not your girlfriend. How many times do I have to remind you? I’m not going to tell you about him because you’re going to harass him.”

He looks at me and then throws his hands in the air. “Fine. Nami-shi, you win. But eventually, I will find out.” He stomps away gathering more attention than I wanted from other people.

“Nami-yah...you okay?”

I turn to GeeNa. Why can’t  she control her soul mate? “Yeah. That wasn’t too bad was it?”

“A bit worse than normal.” She bites her lip. “Sarang~ sarang-hae~yo.”

“Aishi~ aieru yo,” I sing back to her.

“Who is it, do I know him?”

Why did she have to ask? It’ll only hurt her. If I'm correct, I remember when they separated. She wasn’t her usual cheerful self. She never really talked about him either. There were all of these plans to show him off to both me and TaeHoon, but then...out of nowhere, they ended. She was really upset and said that her parents called it off. How could I be so selfish and not take this into account?

Wait. TaeHoon and her are fated. And I am with HimChan. Why am I drawing this out so much? If I tell her slowly she should understand...right? I mean she liked him too. Even if she did love him, he’s not going to be the love of her life, so eventually she’ll forgive me. ...Right?

“HimChan-shi.”

The color of her taupe eyes becomes completely grey and I wish I could take it back.

“Nami-yah.”

“Dae?”

She’s actually scaring me. Rarely do I ever see her this distraught.

“He gives you flowers right?” Her gaze falls off of me.

Everyday.

“He plays with you like little kids?”

Yes.

“He tries his hardest to note memories with you?”

The pictures.

“Nami-yah?”

“Dae?”

She furrows her brow and looks somewhere beyond me.

“Don’t forgive easily and if he ever makes you cry, tell TaeHoon.” I see something in her dim before she turns away. “But more than anything, enjoy each other’s company. You never know how long things last. Arasso?” She takes a step forward and walks off. “Live for happiness.”

Photobucket

“Nami-neh~” Zelo sings linking his arm with mine.

I want to smile back, but what GeeNa said really bothers me. Did she really like him that much? ...Possibly love?

“Nami-neh?”

I jerk my head to the side.

“Dae?”

“You don’t look so good. Let’s get some ice-cream in you stat!” He steers me to the shop and opens the door rushing me in. “You can sit down, I’ll order for you. The usual, right?”

“Actually, I want to try something,” I smile. I’ve gotta stop worrying. GeeNa is fated to TaeHoon anyways. I am fated to HimChan. We will both be happy!

We pay for our ice-cream and sit in the usual spot.

“So what’s got you all serious?”

I blink. “Huh?”

He folds his arms and pouts. “Don’t lie to me. I know you’re distracted by something. If you don’t tell me now...I dunno what I’m going to do, but it will be rash!”

My eyes fall on him and I burst into a fit of giggles. “Zelo, I’m fine. don’t be such a Debby-downer.”

His eyes narrow. “You say that...but I’m really concerned. I figured it was something about HimChan.”

I stick my spoon into my strawberry ice-cream and swirl it around. “Well, maybe.”

“Nami-neh, what’s wrong?”

I think about it. “Are you old enough to talk about this to?”

He laughs. “Psht. I’m almost a high school student. I know the ways of the heart.”

“But technically you’re still in middle school.”

He throws his head back and waves the air as if it will change the atmosphere. “Details. What is bothering you.”

I bite at my lip. Should I really trust a kid to help me out with this? “HimChan, he’s had girlfriends in the past before...right?”

Zelo holds back a outburst of laughter. “He’s had girls knocking on his door since forever.” He reads my look and then back-tracks. “Our parents are really close. Is there something in particular you want to know?”

Actually, what do I want to know? Going behind his back seems rather distrusting, but it’s killing me. “Why did they break up?”

Zelo leans back in his chair making himself comfortable. I guess it’s a long story. “Maybe I should start with the first one. Although, HimChan is always really discrete. I don’t know the names of any of his girl friends other than you.” He smiles shortly before continuing. “He was dating this girl when he was eighteen. I think she was older because he called her Nuna a lot. From what I could tell he really liked her, but then again, I was about twelve at the time. I think they ended on weird terms. Like she switched schools or something. I don’t think he ever fully got over her.” He notices my concern and quickly adds, “But that was before you.”

I laugh. “And the others?”

“For a while he didn’t have a really steady relationship. For the most part he just dated one girl for about a week and moved on. It was never anything exclusive. But, there was one girl, maybe a year ago. I never met her but he really seemed to like her, at least at first. He said she was really bubbly ‘happy-go-lucky.’”

GeeNa, that’s got to be her.

“To be honest, I don’t know why he broke up with her,” he frowns. “It seemed like they were really close at first, but then his excitement died out. Kinda like he was distracted or something. That’s really all I know.”

So basically, I’ve just been told a bunch of vague stuff by a kid. I guess that’s what I get for digging. “Thanks, I feel a little better.”

“Anything for Nami-neh. And just so you know, the first thing that he said after meeting you was they you looked really familiar. He was still kinda bashing on you at first but he would always say that you had this familiar beauty. That's how YongGuk-Hyung and I knew he was really interested in you,” he smiles. “Oh! Nami-neh, are you really good at cooking?”

I think about it. Am I? or do I just think I am? “I’m okay...I guess.”

“Know anyone that is?”

“GeeNa-yeh is amazing.”

“Well, can I borrow you two for a day or two then?”

My eyes narrow. Where is he going with this?

“You see...like I said before, HimChan’s parents and mine are really close. My parents got a deal at a couples’ resort where if you have two couples...you get some great deal. The thing is, Umma doesn’t trust me in the kitchen after the last fi--accident.” He smiles bashfully. “HimChan and YongGuk aren’t terribly awesome when it comes to cooking and I don’t think I would survive on instant ramyun for a week. So...if maybe you stayed for a day and night or two...my parents would pay you.” He looks a little pained. “Umma and Appa arranged for me to stay with HimChan and YongGuk while they are gone. Umma also said that we can’t eat junk food the entire time. And none of us can cook.”

I try really hard not to laugh. “When is this?”

He perks up. “Not for a while. Maybe a few weeks or something like that. I’ll get you details ASAP!”

HimChan and GeeNa under the same roof...hmmm. But she always talks about how she needs cash for books or whatever. “Can we just come and go?”

“Sure! We’ll be at HimChan’s place during that time so it’s not that hard to get to from school.”

“Let me talk it over with her. She may not feel too comfortable with it, then again...she thinks you are the most adorable boy ever.”

He smiles really big. “Thank you! Please talk to her. We’ll pay for supplies and labor. THANK YOU!”

I laugh at him. Too enthusiastic for me to take.

“By the way, the pink of your ice-cream really compliments you. You should wear that color on your next date. Also....” He leans across the table to be close to me. “If HimChan ever breaks up with you, there’s always me.”

I burst into belt busting laughter. Yeah, I don’t think we’ll be breaking up anytime soon boy, we’re kind of fated.

Photobucket

A/N: OTL sorry to be so...less happy? ...no, downy...ahno...serious. Yes. Serious. I had to get the plot rolling. Oddly enough, this was easy for me to write but I wanted there to be more (loss for words) up-beat moments? I feel really bad, so I'm going to work extra hard on making the next few chapters really cute since it seems that's what you guys want and I'm the same way. Until the next chapter, Thanks bunchies for reading, commenting, and subbing! You guys are awesome Babies and I'm glad to share this with you ^^

 

-Meng

@Snipesesness : D: I'm sorry!!! Sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry-naega-naega-naega-meonjeo-nege-nege-nege-ppajyeo-ppajyeo-ppajyeo-beoryeo-baby But only kinda sorta. ;)

@pyjamagirl : I think Snipesesness said somewhere that she (sorry for assuming ><) was cheering for him too.