Love you....bunches!

The Red Knot.

Photobucket

We continue walking down the street and occasionally HimChan will stop a random stranger and ask, “Do you know this girl?” They look at me and shake their head.

“Oppa, not again,” I pout.

“This is my beautiful girlfriend of three weeks!” He twirls me around once again as the stranger wishes us luck.

“HimChan-shi...You don’t need to tell eh-vah-ree-one,” I whine.

“I just want to tell the world, sorry.” He puts his face close to mine bumping my nose with his. “...can’t you tell I’m excited? Aren’t you?”

Of course I am. How could I not be?! I’m not just dating some guy, I’m dating my soul mate. The boy I’m going to marry and spend my life with. I’m not just excited, I’m ECSTATIC!

He stares at me, eyes boring into mine and I can’t say a word...just grin like a fool.

“You still didn’t answer me.” He wraps an arm around my waist and grabs my hand with the other.

“Bwoh?”

He spins me in his arms making me dance on the street corner with him. “I love this song.” I hear electronic beats leak from the music store across the street. It’s so loud that I’m surprised I didn’t notice it.

“But this isn’t really a slow song.”

He laughs resting his forehead to mine. “Slow enough.”

Actually, no. But I like the feeling of being next to him. It’s so warm. I nestle my face to his chest until the song ends. When it ends, I take a step back and realize that I’ve been twirled into a knot. I step to the side trying to gain balance and fall to the ground.

“Nami-yah!”

I look up at HimChan. “I’m okay, just a little scratched.” I kick our threads from my ankle and stand up.

“Nami-ya, you’re bleeding.”

I take the little box that YongGuk gave me and look for something to wipe the blood.

“Ani, I’ll do it. Sit down on the bus bench.”

I sit at the edge and let him access the damage.

He stops the bleeding with a q-tip and then grabs an alcohol pad. He rips it open and then looks at me. “This is gonna sting.” I nod and he rubs it against the cut harshly. I bite back my lip. How can he be so rough?! When he looks back to me, I have to face away from him so that he doesn’t see my teary eyes. “You okay?”

“Dae,” I squeak. I guess I’ve been so pampered by YongGuk that I’m disappointed not to have him blow on the cut. "While I'm thinking of it," I begin to distract myself. "Is it really okay that GeeNa-yah and I come to your house this Saturday? I know the two of you used to date."

"It is, and I think that her and I are on somewhat good terms, but it's still up to her." He presses a band-aid to it and then rubs down the sides. “Nami-yah, are you hungry?” He asks. I nod and he decides to take me to a little cafe down the street. “Is that your phone?”

“Omo, I didn’t even hear it.” I look at the screen and ready my aegyo. “...HimChan-shi, can I take this call? It’s my halmoni.”

He gives me a back hug and rests his chin on my shoulder. “One condition.”

“Oppa please~?”

“Dae.”

“Moshi-moshi? This is Yee Nami.”

“Ah, Nami-chan. How are you?”

I smile at HimChan’s breath on my neck. “I’m fine, you?”

“I’m well, I’m well. I have some exciting news though.”

I giggle at HimChan trying to distract me while I converse in Japanese. “Yeh, and what would that be?”

“Oka-san, let me tell her...” a muffled voice says.

“Moshi-moshi?”

“Nami-yah!”

“Unni?”

“Nami-yah, you won’t believe it! I’m being featured in a huge gallery in Tokyo!”

“BWOH?!” HimChan’s grip tightens now understanding the language. “Chincha? You did?!!”

“You know how I was experimenting when I left?”

I nod. “Yeh, you were using deconstructing Korean instruments to create Japanese inspired artwork. Block printing...painting....”

“Nami-yah, someone here heard what I was doing and has commissioned me to make an installation of my work. I’m the front runner for an exhibition and am taking it to Seoul!”

“UNNI!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

“DAE!” she squeals. Coughing lightly she excuses herself. “I’ve got to go though. Oka-san has the details and other information.”

“Other information?”

“Nami-chan?”

“Yeh Oka-san?”

“I’m buying you a plane ticket to visit Tokyo with us for the week of the re-opening/closing.”

I bounce on my feet. “When is that? I still have final exams this week.”

“I’ve already talked with Yuri-chan*, it’s the week after. Your plane will leave Monday.

     *Nami's mother. I felt it'd be more appropriate to call her by name and not "my daughter." I think it would be considered rude.

“Next Monday?! Oka-san Arigato!” I hold the phone away from my mouth. “ARIGAT~OH!!!!”

I hear her chuckling on the other end. “Tell Yumi-chan good luck. She’s nearly finished with the installation.”

She passes the phone once again and Unni answers. “YEE YUMI HWAITING!”

“Hwaiting! See you soon!”

“HIA! Love you and Oka-san bunches!”

I hang up and look at HimChan who is not only shaken up by the yelling but completely pale.

“Sorry about that. My Unni told me great news. I’m going to see her in Tokyo soon.” I smile brightly but he looks sick.

“Nami, you’re a fourth Japanese because of your halmoni on your umma’s side...right?”

I furrow my eyebrows. “I am, but I never told you the specifics. How did you-?”

“Your parents separated about three years ago?”

His expressionless demeanor is scaring me. “Nami-shi.” Shi? “I don’t think I can see you anymore. I rushed this too fast. You can still come over on Saturday, but as a friend. YoungGuk-ah and Zelo-yah would really like that. But I can’t be your boyfriend.”

My voice gets caught in my throat. “I don’t understand.”

“Nami-shi, I’d like it more if we could just be friends. I’m sorry, but it’d be better that way.” He his lips. “I’d rather we stay friends because I love your company, but I can’t date you anymore.”

What? Can’t date me? Why the hell not?! He’s my soul mate! We have to end up together. It’s all I’ve ever dreamt of.

“If that’s how you feel,” I smile weakly.

Love is funny, no matter what...it’ll bring me back to him, so all I can do is stay by his side as a friend in the meantime.

“You’re really not mad?”

Mad? No. Angry? No. Upset? Yes.

“If it’s what you want,” I swallow. “I’d like not to lose you, as a friend.”

His arms close around me and hands press against the back of my head. “Thank you for understanding.”

Actually, I don’t, but my selfishness won’t allow me to let go. GeeNa and YongGuk told me to be happy, so if I can’t be I’ll make my own happiness...anyway that I can.

Photobucket

BANG BANG! I finally shot her down. I've been anticipating writing this for a while now. While outlining the plot in my head, I was thinking "How will I feel when writing this?" and I seriously felt nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I guess I'm just a cold-hearted Baby. D:<

I'll be introducing another minor character soon and you won't really see her much until the very end.

If you think you know why he called it off/any other spoilers…I'll have a blog post Here where you can type all your feels/spoiling comment. ^^ It'll be more for anyone who has a prediction or whatever. I won't confirm anything…maybe. But since AFF doesn't have a spoiler guard button (like some other places do) for the comments, I'd like to separate them. aslkdjkIknowI'mlamefdjas

Anyways~ thanks for reading-commenting-subscribing-or-what-ever-you-do!

-Meng ^^

@KristineeVee : I feel that I need to apologize though I'm not sure why. ;_; maybe because I had him call off their relationship.

@pyjamagirl : thank you so much! I take that as a compliment bwahaha! and YongGuk cheers would be daebak~