Chapter 7 - Smile

You Are My Target!

The next day, I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock once again. As much as I wanted to stay in bed and sleep, I forced myself to get up and prepare for school. Maybe if I actually get ready in time, I won't see him again...

Wait a second. When I first met him, he was standing outside of the bottom floor, where Tao lives. Why was he here in the first place?

And then it hit me.

I quickly ran otuside and down the stairs, and looked at the sign outside Tao's door.

'KRIS, TAO.'

No way. You have got to be kidding me. Kris lives right below me?

I immediately ran back into my room. Why didn't I realize this sooner? Very slowly I unlocked and opened the door, and looked outside. There was nobody in sight. I grabbed my bag and flew down the stairs, and had almost gotten far enough when I heard someone call, “Hey!”

I turned around.

And of course, it was Kris.

“Wait up!” he said, walking quickly towards me.

Run! I screamed in my head, and yet I couldn't get my legs to move. I only stood there staring at him as he got closer and closer. He stood in front of me, and did the most unexpected thing.

He smiled.

It wasn't one of those condescending smirks, but a true, genuine smile. It made my heart beat faster just looking at him!

“Are you heading to school now?” he asked. I nodded slowly. He smiled even wider and said, “Good. Want to walk together?”

“Ye- No! Why would I want to walk with you?” I stammered. That was a close one! What is with Kris today? He's like a totally different person!

He pouted. “Aw, that's too bad. I wanted to get to know you better...” He said in a quiet voice. My heart broke just at the sound of it. Maybe I should walk with him. What's the harm? After all, he's being so nice.

Thankfully, the more sensible part of my brain kicked in.

What do you think you're doing Ji Eun? He's just putting up an act so he can win you over! This is exactly what Chanyeol said he would do! Don't fall for it!

I summoned up all of my willpower and said, “Don't play games with me. I know that this is all just an act because I'm your target, and I'm not falling for it. I will never fall for you!”

He seemed surprised. Then slowly, the happy, kind Kris faded and was replaced with the smirking, evil Kris. “So you figured out my plan that easily? What a shame. And here I was thinking I'd be able to get you in 2 days.” He laughed. “Looks like I'm going to have to get creative.”

I gulped. I do not like the sound of this. Time to escape!

I quickly turned around and walked down the street. When I was a few blocks away from the house, I looked around. Looks like he decided not to follow me. Good.

Just as I was about to walk to school, I stopped. Great, now I'm lost! I was too busy trying to run from him, so I didn't pay attention to where I was going. It's like all of my problems are because of him!

“Is something wrong babe?” A husky voice whispered in my ear. I jumped and turned around. Kris was standing right behind me.

I blushed and muttered, “I don't know how to get to school from here...”

He laughed. “You're going to have to speak a little louder.” he said playfully.

I blushed even more. “I got lost!” I yelled. Ugh, this is so embarrassing!

Kris laughed even harder. He started walking down the road. “Well I know the way, so feel free to follow me.” he said with a wink. I watched him, glaring at his back. Well, at this point I don't really have a choice do I?

Making sure to keep a good distance between us, I followed him to school.

 

__________

darn you Kris, for being so cute when you smile x.x