Chapter 10 - Fake Boyfriend

You Are My Target!

After school, Chanyeol, Haemi and I were hanging out at Baekhyun's house. To Haemi's joy, Suho had decided to come and hang out with us as well. Together we started brainstorming a list of potential guys that would be willing to date me. As we were talking, there was a light knock on the door. Chanyeol ran over and opened it.

“Oh, Kyungsoo it's you! Come on in, Suho's here as well.” Chanyeol walked in, Kyungsoo following closely behind him.

“Thanks. I was having trouble with this english homework, and Suho wasn't home so I came over here to ask-” he suddenly stopped talking when he saw me and Haemi sitting on the couch. Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo, then at me and Haemi, and sighed.

“Aish, Kyungsoo you're going to have to get over this sooner or later.” he said exasperatedly. “Kyungsoo gets really shy around girls.” he explained to us.

I looked at Kyungsoo, who immediately directed his gaze to the floorl. Now that I think about it, he didn't talk at all when I first saw him. “Should we leave?” I asked quietly. I felt like if I talked too loudly he would run away or something.

Chanyeol waved his hand. “He needs to learn to act normally around girls. In fact,” he dragged Kyungsoo over to the couch and made him sit next to me. “Let's work on it right now, since we have two girls here.”

Kyungsoo sat completely still, avoiding my gaze. “You don't have to be scared of me you know, I'm not going to hurt you or anything.” I said, trying my best to sound calm and friendly. He quickly glanced at me and nodded before looking away again. Then I heard someone giggling. I turned to see Haemi, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Suho staring at us and smiling.

“What's so funny.” I asked.

Haemi giggled again. “It's just that...you guys look so cute together!” she said, bursting out laughing. I stared at her in disbelief. Me and Kyungsoo? I looked over at him. He was still staring at the floor, only now he was blushing too. He looked absolutely adorable.

“Why not have Kyungsoo be your fake boyfriend?” Suho suggested.

“W-what?” I stuttered.

“Me?” Kyungsoo squeaked.

Haemi looked excited. “It's perfect! You get a boyfriend to make Kris jealous, and Kyungsoo gets to practice being around girls!” she smiled brightly. “It's like you two were made for each other!”

“I-I...What d-do you mean we're m-made for each other?” Kyungsoo stammered. So he can actually talk when he wants to!

“But I hardly know him! And we can barely even talk to each other!” I protested. “Don't you think Kris will see right through us?”

Haemi flapped her hand. “Don't worry about it. We'll help you guys turn into the greatest couple ever! Just wait, we'll organize a bunch of dates, get you some couple shirts, and maybe even go on a double date sometime!” she added slyly. “I personally think that me and Suho should go with you guys on one, just to make it convincing-”

Suho cleared his throat, cutting her off. “Well I'm not sure about the double date,” Haemi sighed unhappily. “But she's right. We'll help you guys out.”

“Yah, considering I'm going to be dating this guy, don't you think I should have a say in this?” I asked angrily.

“Why? It's not like he's a bad guy or anything.” said Baekhyun. “He's really nice, and I think things will work out fine once you get comfortable around each other.”

“I agree. And it's about time our Kyungie got a girlfriend anyways.” Chanyeol said.

Me and Kyungsoo looked at each other. “Well, I guess I don't have any complaints, but I'll only agree if you're comfortable with this.” I assured him.

He examined me for a few seconds, then he looked back down at the floor. “I guess I don't mind that much...” he muttered.

Baekhyun smiled. “Then it's settled! Let's all congratulate the new couple!” Chanyeol and Haemi cheered. We stayed for a few more minutes, then Baekhyun's mother came home and kicked us out.

Suho, Haemi and Chanyeol walked off by themselves, leaving me and Kyungsoo outside of the house. Well this is slightly awkward! What the heck do I say in this situation...

“Um...” Kyungsoo said softly, interrupting my thoughts. I hadn't expected him to speak first. “Well, uh, I'm not sure if I can be a good boyfriend, but I'll try my best...” then he walked away promptly.

I smiled. Even though he's not comfortable around me, he's still going to try to help me. He seems like such a nice guy (not to mention he's cute!). Maybe having a fake boyfriend isn't as bad as I thought it would be. And if it makes Kris jealous, then it's even better!

 

___________

it was D.O. (aka Kyungsoo)! lol I bet none of you were expecting that xD