Chapter 29 - Improvise

You Are My Target!

“What?!”

“You heard me. You are my target.” I declared, still pointing at his face.

He stared at me in disbelief, unsure of how to react.

“Just wait Kris. Soon, you’ll be begging for me to take you back.”

“Oh really?” His eyes narrowed. “I can’t wait to see you try!” He smirked and started walking back to the house, but then he stopped. I peered around him to look at the doorway.

Everyone was watching us.

“Run!” Chanyeol cried, dashing away as fast as he could.

“Yah, wait up!” Xiumin yelled, following him. Haemi grabbed Suho and dragged him away as well, which left Kyungsoo, Luhan and Chen.

Chen tapped Luhan on the shoulder. “Uh... Luhan? We should go as well.”

Luhan opened his mouth to speak, but then he looked at me and changed his mind. He pushed past Chen and ran off with the others. Chen frowned, looking at me briefly as well, but he didn’t say anything and followed Luhan.

Kyungsoo stayed where he was, smiling slightly. Kris ignored him and walked into the house.

When Kris was gone, Kyungsoo approached me.

“That was interesting.” he said mildly.

“Do you think I handled it well?" I asked, feeling slightly panicked. "The idea just randomly popped into my head... I just had no idea what else to do. What if I made things worse-”

“I think it’s alright." Kyungsoo placed his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. "But Ji Eun, how are you going to do it?”

“....Huh?”

“How are you going to make him beg to take you back?” he asked me.

“Uh....” Oops. Probably should have thought this through a bit more... “I’ll.... improvise?”

He sighed and shook his head. “You just outright challenged him. Kris, one of the most competitive people I’ve ever met. And you’re just going to improvise?”

“I know it’s not the most thought out plan, but I’ll manage. I can do this.”

“If you need help, I’m sure you’ll get it. Everyone is on your side for this. Except for Luhan...”

I still need to talk to Luhan about what I heard last night. I can’t just leave him hanging, I have to give him my answer. I have to tell him that I can’t date him after what he did...

But despite that, he’s my friend. I don’t want to hurt him. But if that’s what I have to do, then I’ll do it. I can’t afford to be indecisive now.

“Haemi said we’re all going swimming today. You should probably get ready.”

“Alright...” I followed Kyungsoo back into the house, brainstorming ways to get Kris.

If I’m going to be following his example, shouldn’t I be trying out some of the things he did when I was his target?


I thought back to all of the things he did. Flirting, acting nice....randomly attacking me and getting close... I started blushing as I remembered. I have to do those kinds of things? Kyungsoo's right... Maybe I should have thought this out a bit more...

I was just about to step into my room, but Haemi suddenly jumped out of nowhere, grabbing me and pushing me into her room instead.

“Haemi! What the hell?” She closed the door, and turned to me with a grin.

“If Kris is your target now, you’re going to have to seduce him properly, aren’t you?”

“S-Seduce?!” I sputtered. She giggled and started rummaging through her closet.

“Good thing I brought these along...” She pulled out a bag and put it into my hands. “You can have any one of them.”

I peered into the bag suspiciously. “Oh no. You have got to be kidding me. I can’t-”

“You can and you will.” she glared at me. “You’re the one who kept defending him. If he’s really worth it, you need to do everything you can to win him over. This will help, I promise.” She winked at me.

I looked back into the bag uneasily. It’s worth a shot, right?

~

“Hey! You girls hurry up! Everyone’s waiting for you!” Suho hollered.

“You guys can go ahead! We’ll catch up! We’re only like, one minute away from the beach anyways!” Haemi yelled back.

“Ok, we’ll see you there!”

Haemi knocked on the door to the bathroom. “Yah, get out here. You heard him. Everyone's already leaving.”

“But I’m not sure about this... It feels kind of weird to wear this.”

“Come on, let me see.”

I cracked the door open and poked my head out. Haemi rolled her eyes and opened the door completely.

“So... How is it?” I asked.

“It’s.... PERFECT!” she yelled. “Believe me, if he has no reaction to this, he’s insane.” she continued.

“Really?”

Haemi pushed me over to the mirror. “See? Take a good look. You look just fine.” Haemi rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom to change.

I inspected myself a bit more. I was wearing a red polka dot bikini. It was one of the less revealing swimsuits that Haemi's bag had contained, but it was still much more... uncomfortable... than the one I had originally planned to wear.

Although I have to admit, it does look nice.

I did a small twirl in front of the mirror, smiling slightly. I wonder how Kris will react when he sees this.

But what if he doesn’t react at all? If he just keeps ignoring me? I stopped smiling and sighed.

I have to be confident. Come on Ji Eun, you can do this!

Haemi stepped out of the bathroom, having changed into her swimsuit as well.

“Do you think Suho will like this?” she said, spinning around and showing off her new swimsuit.

“I think so. It looks really nice!”

“Yay!” She grabbed her towel and smiled. “Let’s go show the boys!”

The house was located right at the edge of the beach, so we didn’t have to walk far to catch up with everyone. I hid behind Haemi when we started to approach the group.

“Hey guys! Over here!” Haemi yelled. Chanyeol was the first one to see us.

He whistled. “Wow, you two went all out didn’t you?”

Suho looked up from setting up the umbrella. He nearly dropped it when he saw Haemi. Xiumin elbowed him in the ribs and whispered something into his ear, and Suho instantly turned red and looked away, focusing on the umbrella.

Kris was sitting in a chair, looking out at the water. He thinks he can ignore me?

Time to put my (hastily made) plan into action.

Haemi patted me on the back. “Hwaiting!” she whispered, before running off towards Suho.

I walked up behind Kris. He stayed where he was, looking out at the water as I came up behind him and leaned down towards his ear.

“You aren’t even going to talk to me?”

He jumped, startled, and turned to look at me with a scowl on his face. But that completely disappeared at soon as he looked at what I was wearing.

I didn’t even try to suppress my smile as his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

“Hm? Is something wrong?” I asked innocently. “Is there something wrong with my swimsuit?”

He swallowed harshly, his gaze constantly switching from my face to my body. “No... Nothing’s wrong.” he said slowly, as if he was unsure of himself.

“That’s good!” I said cheerfully. I spun around, just like I had done in front of the mirror. “What do you think? Does it look nice?” I looked at him expectantly.

“It’s-” He looked me over once again. I resisted the urge to blush. “It’s alright.” he muttered.

“Just alright?” I pouted and he immediately turned around, looking back at the ocean.

I walked around the chair and sat next to him. He looked at me again, and I tilted my head to the side cutely, continuing to pout.

“You don’t like it?” I asked. I may not be the best person at aegyo, but I was doing a fairly decent job (I guess I could thank Tao for that).

“I.... I do.” He quickly turned his head away once he said it.

I leaned over, getting a good look at his face. His cheeks were slighly red. Almost as if he was blushing- Wait a second.

I made him blush. Kris. The prideful, competative womanizer.

Totally worth it.

I grinned and gave him a small peck on the cheek. “Thank you.” I whispered. I stood up and looked down at him. “Want to go swim?”

He was even more red now. “N-No.” he said shakily.

I shrugged. “If you say so.” He frowned. Maybe he didn’t expect me to give up so easily. But I didn’t give him a chance to answer. I walked off towards Haemi and the others.

Haemi pulled me aside. “What did you do?”

I blushed. “I tried to flirt with him a bit. I think it worked...”

“Really? How did he react?”

I grinned. “He blushed.”

“Kris....Blushed?” I nodded. “Wow! See? I told you it would work!” She jumped around excitedly.

I smiled. “How did things go with Suho?”

Haemi sighed. “I don’t know why, but he didn’t even look at me. He kept avoiding me every time I tried to talk to him. He’s acting colder than usual today.” She pouted. “Does he hate me?”

“I don’t think he’s avoiding you because he hates you...” I looked over her shoulder. Suho kept glancing at us. “I think he’s just playing hard to get.” I said, laughing a bit.

“Really?” She looked behind her, and when Suho quickly looked away and tried to look like he was busy, she laughed as well.

“So cute.” she said, smiling at him. “What are you going to do now?”

“I’ll leave him alone for a bit. I wanted to take a swim anyways.”

“You have fun. You should probably stay away from the three kids.” She looked over at Chanyeol, Xiumin and Luhan, who were having another splash war in the water. “I’ll stay here for now. You can go swim.”

“Alright. Have fun with Suho.” I said with a wink. She blushed and smiled.

I walked down the beach towards the water, where the ‘three kids’ were playing happily. Chanyeol saw me approaching and waved.

“Ji Eun! Come join us! Help me defeat these two-” Xiumin attacked him while he was off guard, shooting him in the face with his water gun and then running off while laughing.

“You’ll pay for that!” Chanyeol yelled, running after his friend.

I watched them run around and sighed. I think I’ll stay out of this...

I yelped as someone shot me in the back with a jet of cold water. I turned around quickly. Luhan was smiling broadly at me, the water gun in his hand still aimed at me.

“We have an extra water gun if you want one!” he exclaimed, running towards me.

I swallowed nervously as he came closer. Despite what I had told myself in the morning, I still wasn’t ready to face him. It was almost if I still didn’t want to believe it. But there was no denying that he was the main reason why I was fighting with Kris. I couldn’t forgive him for that.

I’ll talk to him later. For now, I should be having fun. This is my summer vacation after all. And I don't want to talk to him while the others are around.

“No thanks, I think I’ll just swim around for a while. Go have fun with Chanyeol and Xiumin.” Luhan’s smile disappeared as he looked at me.

“Ji Eun," he said quietly. "Can we talk about-” A jet of water hit Luhan in the head. He whipped his head around to Chanyeol, who was laughing maniacally.

“One more point for me!” he yelled as he escaped.

“Oh no you don’t! Get back here!” Luhan cried as he chased after him.

I sighed with relief. I really wasn’t ready for this yet.

I looked back at Kris, who was sitting rather far away. I could still make out the fact that he was looking in my direction.

If I really want to make things right with him, I have no choice. Even if it means hurting Luhan.

__________________

so.....uh......hi.

it's been a while, eh? xD

.....

I AM SO SORRY that this update took ages to complete T_T school started, I got kind of busy, and of course I procrastinated a lot...

I'm truly really really really sorry that you guys had to wait for so long >_< I feel extra bad because this is the second time I've taken a long time to update D:

No more procrastination for me! Updating still might take some time, but I'll try my best to write whenever I'm not busy! :)

thank you so much for waiting for me <3 here's some y kris for you guys ;D