Chapter 4 - Classmates

You Are My Target!

“It's your first day and you're already late?” I lowered my head. I was in the Seoul High office, talking to the vice principal. She shook her head and sighed, “Well, there's no helping it now. You're new to the area, so I guess I can let it slide for today.” Then she continued to lecture me on the school rules.

Though I appeared calm on the outside, I was really annoyed. I absolutely hated being late. This wouldn't have happened if that guy hadn't distracted me! Well...I also got lost on the way here, but it's still partially his fault!

My annoyance turned into anxiety as I walked down the empty hallway, looking for my classroom. Eventually I reached it: classroom 2-B. I was nervous about walking in during the middle of class, but there was no point in waiting any longer.

I knocked on the door, and heard a man ask, “Who is it?” I slid the door open and stepped into the room. The teacher was a short, balding man with large glasses, who gave me a questioning look as I entered. “Are you the new kid?” he asked me. I nodded.

Then I heard someone yell, “Ji Eun? Yah, it really is her! Hey, over here Ji Eun!” I turned to look at the class, and in the corner of the room, I saw none other than Chanyeol, who was standing up and waving at me so I would notice him, even though we were only a few metres apart. I couldn't help but laugh a bit; he looked so dorky.

The teacher glared at him. “Chanyeol, sit down and be quiet.” he snapped. “Everyone, this is our new student Han Ji Eun. Everyone be nice to her.” then he turned to me and said, “Now I would let you choose where you sit, but there's aren't a lot of free seats in this classroom. The only free space is next to Kris. You can share textbooks with him until you get your own.” he pointed at the pair of desks near the other corner of the room, near the window. And sitting in one of the seats, was none other than-

“You!” I gasped. It was him! That weird (and handsome) guy from this morning!

He gave me an arrogant smirk and replied, “That's right. It's me.”

The teacher looked at me quizzically. “You've met before?”

“Oh yes, we're very good friends. I'm sure there will be no problems.” Kris said.

I opened my mouth, about to protest, but considering there were no other empty seats, I decided not to bother. I only walked over to my seat and sat down, trying not to look at him. As the teacher started his lesson on trigonometry (great, I have to sit next to him AND try to understand math...), Kris opened his textbook, and purposely slid it closer to his own desk, so I would have to almost lean over him to see. As I did (I was trying to find out what the hell Sine Law was), he leaned closer to me. I turned my head and was surprised when I realized how close he was. He was staring right at me too! Thinking of the incident from the morning, I blushed. Then he whispered, “Do you enjoy being this close to me?” My eyes widened as I rapidly moved back. He leaned back as well and laughed silently, his shoulders shaking. He clearly enjoyed teasing me. I took a deep breath, trying to fight the urge to punch him in the face. I glanced at the clock. One hour left until next period.

This is going to be a very long class.

 

__________

I hate math >3< but if I actually understood it I would like it better ;_;

big thanks to my editor who taught me how to spell sine law properly xD