Chapter 14 - A Date?

You Are My Target!

HELLO! long time no see eh? xD

things have been pretty hectic for me lately (exams and stuff...) so I haven't had an update in a while, and I'm sorry >.<

but to make it up to you, I worked a lot on this fic, and now I can give you a SUPER MEGA UPDATE! :D

just how super is this update? you'll see :P

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning to the sound of someone banging on my door and yelling. I jumped violently when they did, and ended up falling out of bed.

What the heck? It’s 9:30am on a saturday morning. Who could be here?

I slowly walked over to the door and opened it, ready to scream at whoever was there. To my surprise, it was Haemi, looking excited and completely awake.

“Good morning sleepyhead!” she exclaimed. Ugh, does she have to talk so loudly in the morning?

“What do you want?” I asked irritably.

She remained cheery despite my tone. “Hurry up and get ready! You’re going on a date today!”

Well that caught me by surprise. “I’m going on a date?”

“Yeah. Hurry up though! Kyungsoo is waiting for you!” she said, running down the stairs. I quickly stuck my head out the door and glanced at the street. She was right; Kyungsoo was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

“Couldn’t even give me a warning in advance...” I muttered. But even though I was tired, I tried my best to get ready quickly, so he wouldn’t be kept waiting for too long.

I rushed down the stairs to meet him. “Sorry I took so long!” I said to Kyungsoo. “But someone decided not to tell me about this earlier.” I glared at Haemi, who immediately took a few steps back.

“No it’s alright.” he said with a shy smile. Then he blushed a little and said, “You look nice today.”

“Oh, thank you.” I said, touched by the compliment. “So, where exactly are we going for this date?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I’m not sure. Haemi hasn’t told me yet...” We both turned to her.

“Well,” she said. “I was thinking that maybe you guys should go to the amusement park!”

Amusement park? That actually sounds pretty fun! Even Kyungsoo looked excited.

Haemi looked pleased by our reactions. She handed Kyungsoo two pieces of paper. “Here’s your tickets. You two have fun!”

“You’re not coming with us?” I asked. Not that I really wanted her to, but I just expected her to tag along.

“No, you guys deserve some privacy.” she said with a wink. “I should probably go now anyways. You two have fun!” she cried as she walked down the street.

As soon as she was out of sight, Kyungsoo turned to me with a smile. “Let’s go, shall we?” he said happily.

This is just what I needed after such a hectic day yesterday. I can just hang out with Kyungsoo, have fun at the park, and not have to worry about him...

We hadn’t even taken two steps when we heard the sound of a door opening. We both looked behind us. The door to Kris and Tao’s house had just opened.

Oh no. Please be Tao, please be Tao, please be Tao!

It was Kris.

He yawned and stretched in the doorway, then took a few steps outside. That’s when he noticed us. His eyes widened as he took in the sight of me and Kyungsoo together.

Just by looking at him, my heart started to beat faster again. His hair was messy, and he was wearing a baggy shirt and sweatpants, but he still managed to look good. I looked away from him, trying to calm down my heart. Kyungsoo looked at me worriedly, then at Kris, who continued to observe us.

“Can we help you?” he said coldly. I looked at him, startled by his tone. I didn’t even know Kyungsoo was capable of speaking like that, and to Kris of all people!

Kris narrowed his eyes. “Well if it isn’t the new couple. Where are you guys off to so early in the morning?”

Kyungsoo glared at him. “We’re going on a date, although I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” he said.

Even though I was scared that Kris was going to get angry, I was impressed by how Kyungsoo was acting. For someone who is shy around girls, he isn’t shy at all around other guys.

Kris glared at him, and then his eyes moved to me.

“A date huh?” he said spitefully. He gave us a mocking smile. “Have fun.” he turned back and walked into his house, slamming the door on the way in.

I let out a breath that I had unconsciously been holding in. I took a few deep breaths, waiting for my heart to return to normal.

If I’m in this condition just from seeing him for a few minutes, how am I going to survive at school, sitting next to him for hours and hours?

“Um...Ji Eun? Are you alright?” Kyungsoo asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. “You seem really...tense.”

“Oh...It’s just that...around him...I just get really nervous...” Great. I can’t even talk about him without getting nervous! What is wrong with me?

“No, it’s fine. I can understand why you would be so nervous around him. You are his target after all.”

If only that was the reason. But there’s no way I can tell Kyungsoo, or anybody else, about what happened yesterday.

“Let’s get going now. Before someone else comes along and delays us.” he said.