Chapter 1 - Home Sweet Home

You Are My Target!

“Are you sure this is what you want Ji Eun?” my aunt asked me for what I thought was the millionth time. I could feel her eyes following me as I ran around my room, packing up any last items I needed.

“You can stay here for as long as you want. We're both going to miss you so much when you leave. You're so young too, maybe you should stay for a while longer-”

I covered and sighed. “For the last time aunty, I'm going. I love you both and I like it here, but....this is just something I want to do, something I need to do.” I stepped away from her and gathered my bags. “I appreciate you guys taking care of me after my parents died, but I just need to get away from here. I want to live my own life. But I promise, I'll visit and call and everything.” I gave her a smile. “And you of all people should know that I can take care of myself.” She gave a small smile in response. I gave her a tight hug and made my way out of the house.

I threw my bags in the trunk and was about to get into the car, but I stopped and looked to the door, where aunty stood waving and calling “Keep in touch!” I smiled and waved back, then got into the car where my uncle was waiting to drive me to the station. As we set off down the road, I stared out of the car window at the house until it was no longer in view.

~8 HOURS LATER IN SEOUL~

I was standing in front of a 2 storey house. Despite its small size, the appearance wasn’t that bad. It was a simple building made of light grey stone. The doors on both the upper level (where I would be living) and the lower level (where someone else lived), were painted a bright red. There was even a small garden in the front.

This is my new home; a place where I would begin a new life.

I moved up the stairs to the second floor, unlocked the door and opened it, revealing my new home. It was a really small place, but it was clean enough at the very least. I dropped my bags in the bedroom and walked slowly around the rest of the room.

“Home sweet home...” I sighed.

I stood in the centre of the room, wondering what to do first. Maybe I should go greet the neighbours? May as well find out who I'm going to be seeing around here. Stepping out of the room, I went down the stairs to the lower level. I read the sign next to the door –

'KRIS, TAO.'

_____________

Waaah finally made a fanfic! I know that the first chap is kind of boring, but I wanted to provide a bit of backstory >.<

but I promise....it does get better! ;D

next chapter: prepare to meet her new neighbours~!