Chapter 2 - Neighbours

You Are My Target!

No sooner did I knock on the door did it open, revealing my neighbour. My eyes slowly travelled up to his face, trying to hide my surprise as I got a good look at him. He is really good looking! As I stared at him in awe, he tilted his head slightly to the side.

“Um...can I help you?” he asked me in a soft, hesitant voice.

I blinked, my brain slowly catching up, and stammered, “I-I'm your new neighbour, Ji Eun. I just moved in upstairs.” Ugh why am I so nervous? I mentally kicked myself for acting this way, even though I couldn’t help it. I’ve never seen any guy who was this attractive before. He gave me a small smile.

“I'm Tao. Nice to meet you. I'd introduce you to my roommate, but he's not in right now...Sorry.”

I smiled back. “No, it's alright, I'll catch him another time. But thank you anyways!” Tao smiled kindly, then said goodbye and closed the door. I lingered in front of the door for a few seconds, enjoying the fact that my new neighbour was extremely attractive. It was enough to put me in a good mood, and I walked over to the next house with a smile on my face.

About to knock on the door, I paused instead and leaned my ear towards it. I could hear the sounds of laughter and someone yelling. I knocked and waited. No answer; they probably didn't hear me. So I knocked again, this time louder. Finally I heard the sound of someone fumbling with the lock, and the door swung open. I struggled to hide my joy as yet another attractive boy stood before me. This one had a face which was made for smiling, which he was currently doing as he greeted me.

“Hello!” he exclaimed happily. “May I help you?”

“Hi, I'm Ji Eun. I just moved into the building next door.” I answered. The boy smiled even more brightly. I felt like I would go blind from his smile alone.

“Really? Nice to meet you! I'm Baekhyun. Come on in and meet everyone!” he said, suddenly grabbing my arm and dragging me into the house. In the middle of the room was a couch, on which 3 other guys were sitting and laughing. They appeared to be playing Mario Kart. “Yah! Everyone quiet down!” Baekhyun shouted. One of the guys put the game on pause as they all turned to face us. Baekhyun continued, gesturing towards me, “This is Ji Eun. She's just moved into number 16.” he released my arm and turned to his friends. “Everyone greet her!” He urged them.

After a few awkward seconds of silence, one of them, a very tall and cute looking boy, cleared his throat and said in a surprisingly low voice, “I'm Chanyeol! Baekhyun's best friend. Age 17, blood type A, favourite food is sushi, favourite colour is-” he was cut off by the person next to him, a very handsome boy who elbowed Chanyeol in the ribs.

“All we needed was your name, not your whole biography.” he grumbled, turning to me with a beautiful smile. “I'm Suho. I live down the street. And this is Kyungsoo, our friend. He lives close by as well.” he said, pointing to the third boy, who was looking at his feet shyly. I smiled nervously. It was a little bit nerve-wracking to be around so many beautiful guys.

Chanyeol gave me a goofy smile and chuckled, “I was wondering when someone was going to move into that place. I thought Kris and Tao were going to eventually take over.” I nodded, barely registering what he said. How can such a cute face could have such a deep, manly voice? “Well anyways, want to play some Mario Kart with us?” he continued. I hesitated. I was a huge video game fan, but I didn't want to impose. And I still had to unpack my stuff.

I shook my head. “I should probably go.”

Chanyeol pouted. “She just got here today guys,” Baekhyun said, “You're probably tired, you should just go rest for today. We can always play games another time.” I smiled. Cute and considerate? There should be more guys like him in the world. After thanking them (and promising Chanyeol about 5 times that I would come back to play games with them), I left.

Once I was outside, I took a few deep breaths. Being around these boys had made me feel a bit flustered. Returning to my home, I flopped onto my bed and lay there for a few minutes, thinking about all of the new neighbours I had just met. They were all really attractive, and they were so kind as well! Handsome and quiet Tao; cheerful and smiling Baekhyun; tall, outgoing Chanyeol; kind and attractive Suho; shy and cute Kyungsoo. Out of all of the places in Seoul, I just happened to choose the place which seemed to be surrounded by attractive guys! I smiled and looked around my room again.

Is it just me, or is this place starting to look a lot better now?

 

____________

I wish exo were my neighbours ;_;