Chapter 20 - Hiding

You Are My Target!

I walked into my home, exhausted. I had just gotten back from an interview at a bookstore that wasn’t too far from my home. I had gotten the job, and they did the training right after. I threw down my bag and lay down on the bed, about to take a small nap.

Then I heard someone knocking on the door.

I forced myself to get up. Who could it be? I walked over to the door and opened it.

“Kris? What are you doing here?”

“Surprised to see me?” he said, amused by my reaction. “I just wanted to visit. And in case you forgot, I live right below you. Why wouldn’t I come visit you?” He walked past me and entered my room. “I’ve never been here before. Wow, you’re a messier person than I thought.”

“Yah, just because you’re my boyfriend now doesn’t mean that you can intrude on my house whenever you want to!”

“Fine.” he walked out of my house, then knocked on the door again. “Ji Eun? May I please come in?” he said innocently.

I shook my head. “Of course you can.” I sighed. “Let me just clean up a bit.” I began to put away all of the books, magazines, and pieces of clothing that littered my home.

Kris sat on one of the armchairs. “You know, when it’s actually clean, you have a nice place.” He laughed as I glared at him. “Aww don’t be mad. Come here.” he said, holding out his arms. I walked over to him, and he pulled me next to him on the chair. Then he rested his head on my shoulder.

I giggled. “What?” he asked me.

“You’re acting so....cute.” I said, laughing out loud as soon as I said it. “It’s kind of weird.”

“Should I not act cute then?” He lifted his head up.

“That’s not what I meant!” I pushed his head back onto my shoulder. “Stay where you are.”

“Whatever you say.” He closed his eyes.

I closed my eyes as well and leaned against him. This is perfect. Cuddling with Kris after a long day at work. I wish we could stay like this forever...

And then there was another knock on the door.

Kris frowned. “Who is it?” he asked me quietly.

“I don’t know.” Kris let go of me and I walked over to the door. “Who is it?” I yelled.

“It’s Chanyeol! And Baekhyun and Suho are here too! Come on, open the door!”

“Crap!” I whispered, turning to Kris. “What do we do?”

Kris looked around. “Well it’s not like I can escape, we’re on the second floor!”

Ugh, this is the worst timing for them to visit! What do I do? They’re going to find out I’m dating Kris!

It’s not like Kris will be able to get out without being noticed. Maybe I should just tell them. Although I still feel like it’s way too soon...

“I give up. Let’s just tell them-” I was saying to Kris, when I noticed that he had disappeared. I looked around. Where the hell did he go?

“Ji Eun! Hurry up!” Chanyeol yelled from outside the door.

“Ji Eun!” I heard Kris whisper. I continued to look around, but I couldn’t find him. “Over here!” I went into my bedroom. Kris was poking his head out of my closet. “I’ll hide in here. Let them in, but try to get them out as soon as you can!”

I nodded, trying not to laugh at the sight of him. Of all places he could hide in...my closet.

I shut my bedroom door and ran to the front door to open it. ‘Sorry guys! I had to...uh...clean up a bit.” I told them.

“It’s alright. It’s not like it’s an emergency or anything, we were just really bored and we wanted to hang out.” Suho said. “Unless you’re busy of course.”

“Well I.....have an interview later.” I lied. “So I have to leave soon. But we can hang out some other time.”

“That’s too bad.” Chanyeol said. “But Ji Eun, I do have one question for you.” He narrowed his eyes and stared me down. “What’s going on with you and Kris?”

“W-What?” I squeaked nervously. I cleared my throat. “What do you mean?”

“Why have you guys been hanging out a lot recently?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well, I’m not his target anymore, so I decided to get to know him a little better. Just to see what kind of guy he is.” I said, trying to sound indifferent. They’re catching on already? We have been together a lot during the past week, ever since we started dating. Maybe we should have been a bit more inconspicuous...

“Are you going to date him?” Chanyeol asked bluntly.

“So much for trying to ask her discreetly...” Suho muttered.

“I....I don’t know...” I said. I’m so bad at lying!

“Well you shouldn’t.” Chanyeol said. “In fact you should be careful around him. He’s one scary guy. Remember what he’s done to girls in the past. You don’t want to end up like one of them.”

“But-” I said, about to protest.

“And why did you and Kyungsoo stop pretending to date?” Baekhyun asked. I froze. . Kris is probably listening to this whole conversation. Now he knows that Kyungsoo and I were never actually dating!

“Uh....” I tried to think of a response. I wish they would just leave already!

“Because the only reason you were dating him was to make Kris jealous and make him give up on you. So if you broke up with him, does that mean that you want Kris to flirt with you?”

I could feel my face slowly turning red. They’re going to figure it out eventually! I need to get them out of here!

….Or should i just tell them?

Screw this. I can’t keep secrets.

I walked over to my bedroom door and pulled it open. Kris was out of the closet and was standing in the doorway, probably so that he could listen better.

“KRIS?” Chanyeol yelled. “W-What the heck...What are you doing in here?!” Baekhyun and Suho stared at Kris as if they couldn’t believe he was real.

“Hey guys. What’s up?” Kris acted as if it was completely normal for him to be standing in my bedroom.

“Ji Eun, please explain why Kris is in your bedroom.” Baekhyun said weakly.

“There’s not much to explain.” Kris said. “We’re dating.” All three of them looked astonished.

Chanyeol opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, but no sound came out.

“So....you two....are dating?!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Did you guys start going out today?” Suho asked incredulously.

“Actually it was a week ago.” As serious as the situation was, I had to smile a bit at their expressions.

“You guys started dating and you never even told us?!” Chanyeol cried.

“Well I was going to eventually!” I argued. “But you guys didn’t like him so I wanted to wait!”

“And speaking of not liking me,” Kris interrupted. He recited Chanyeol’s previous statements, “‘You should be careful around him. He’s one scary guy.’” He glared at Chanyeol, who slowly shuffled behind Suho, which didn’t really help considering Chanyeol is a giant.

“I know you guys don’t like him, but can’t you just give him a chance?” I pleaded. “If he’s going to be dating me, I want you guys to be comfortable with him.”

Chanyeol eyed Kris suspiciously,  and then looked back at me. “Do you like him that much?”

I blushed. “Yes.” I said quietly. I saw Kris smiling broadly out of the corner of my eye. “I like him a lot, but I still want your approval.”

Chanyeol turned to Kris. “And you. How much do you like her?”

Kris grinned. “Probably more than she likes me.”

Does he really mean it? I blushed even more.

Chanyeol looked back and forth between the two of us, then sighed. “Well then I guess there’s nothing we can do.” He walked to the doorway, about to leave, but then turned around and glared at Kris. “You better treat her well you jerk!” he yelled, then he ran outside.

“Idiot...” Suho muttered. “But he’s right. Treat Ji Eun well or else.” He followed Chanyeol and left.

Baekhyun checked to make sure they were gone, then turned to us with a smile. “To be honest, I don’t mind you guys dating that much. I can tell you’re both serious about this, so I think it will be alright. But I still agree with Chanyeol and Suho. Treat her well. She’s our friend so if you hurt her, you’ll regret it.”

Kris nodded. “Don’t worry. I’ll take care of her. I promise.”

Well at least one of my friends is alright with this. Better than none!

“Thanks Baekhyun.” I said. “Tell Chanyeol and Suho not to worry too much. I can take care of myself.”

“I’m sure they’ll accept it eventually. Just give them some time.” he replied. “I should probably go catch up with them now. Bye!” He ran out, yelling at Chanyeol and Suho to wait for him.

I closed the door with a sigh. Well that was rather hectic. All I want to do now is go back to cuddling with Kris...

I turned to Kris, who was standing with his arms crossed over his chest. “So what’s this about you dating Kyungsoo to make me jealous?” he asked, a small evil smirk on his face.

I groaned. Oh right. He heard that.

Looks like I have some explaining to do.

 

_____________

hey everyone! ^^ I've been so distracted this week, so writing is taking longer than usual Dx

but I will always keep going! >:3

ps. I really want to hear some feedback on this story. what you like, dislike, what I can improve, stuff like that.

I would really appreciate it! (and please be honest! >_<)