Chapter 23 - A Date!

You Are My Target!

I woke up and blinked sleepily, squinting slightly due to the sunlight streaming through my window. I checked the time: 11:00am.

Huh, I got up pretty early. Good for me.

I yawned and was about to get up, when I heard a knock on the door. I frowned. Who is it this time?

I got up and walked over to the door sleepily, opening it and trying to hold back another yawn.

Kris stood in my doorway. “Good morning.”

“Morning.” I mumbled, still half asleep.

Kris laughed at my tiredness. “Did you just get up?”

I nodded sleepily, rubbing my eyes. “What do you want anyways?” I asked grumpily.

I felt my legs being swept out from under me. “What the-”

Kris picked me up and carried me back to my bed. "You look pretty tired still. Go back to sleep.” He gently lowered me down into my bed. “I’ll come back later, alright?”

He’s leaving already?

“No!” I exclaimed. He raised an eyebrow questioningly. I blushed.

“I just....Don’t leave alright? Stay with me.”

He smiled. “If you say so.” He sat down next to me on the bed. “What do you want me to do?”

I tapped my chin thoughtfully. “Cuddle with me?” I asked with a smile.

Kris didn’t even hesitate. In a second he was lying next to me, one arm wrapped around me. The other he used to hold my hand. I giggled happily.

“You like it that much?” Kris asked, amused.

I nodded and snuggled in closer to him. “Why did you come here in the first place?” I asked him.

“Well I wanted to go on a date with you. But if you’re too tired, we can wait...”

“A date?!” I exclaimed excitedly. “Why didn’t you tell me that sooner? Of course I want to go now!”

“But I just got comfortable!” he protested. “Can’t we cuddle a bit more first?”

As tempting as that sounds right now, I just really want to go on a date!

Time to use my secret weapon...

I tried to imitate Tao’s expression from yesterday, pouting as cutely as I could. “Oh, ok. I just really want to go on a date with you.” I said sadly. I twiddled my thumbs and sighed, “But I guess it’s alright.”

Kris’ eyes widened. “No! Let’s go now. If you really want to go then-” he stopped. “Ugh, Tao told you, didn’t he?”

I grinned evilly. “He certainly did.”

Kris groaned. “So much for keeping secrets between friends...” He got up from the bed. “Well we can go whenever you’re ready. I would suggest changing out of the pj’s first.”

“Good idea. Wait out here.” I said, pushing him out of my room and closing the door. As I started searching through my closet for something to wear, I asked loudly, “Where are we going for our date?”

“It’s a secret!” he yelled through the door.

“How helpful...” I muttered. How am I supposed to pick an outfit when I have no idea where we’re going?

After I managed to find something to wear, I finished getting ready and stepped out of my room.

“Alright, I’m all ready. Now can you please tell me where we’re going?”

“You’ll find out when we get there.”

~

After a really long bus ride, we finally reached the destination for our first date.

“No way.” I stared in awe at the sign in front of the entrance.

“Yes way.” Kris said.

We stood in front of the Seoul Zoo.

“Woah....”

“Is it alright? I wasn’t sure about choosing this place, but I just thought that you’d like it. But if you don’t I can understand-”

“No! It’s awesome! I’ve never been to a zoo before!” I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him towards the entrance. “Let’s go!”

He chuckled. “I guess I made the right choice. You don’t have to run you know; the animals aren’t going to disappear.”

Even though he told me that, I still ended up dragging him in my excitement.

After we bought our tickets, we walked over to one of the maps. “What do you want to see?” Kris asked me.

I looked over the map. “I want to see everything!” I told him.

He laughed. “Let me be more specific: what do you want to see first?”

“Hmm...Let’s go see the giraffes!” I suggested.

“The giraffes it is.” He reached out and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers as we set off down the path.

~

After quite a few of hours of walking, we made it around the entire park.

“I can’t believe we actually managed to see everything!” I said happily. “Thanks for doing this.”

“Don’t thank me yet: there’s still one more thing we have to do.” he told me.

I frowned. “Really? But we’ve already seen all of the animals.”

He grinned. “Follow me.”

He led me over to the area near the entrance of the park. We walked up to a building with the words “Sky Lift” on the front.

“A sky lift?” I said, confused. Then I looked at the stream of chairs being lifted into the air and over the park. “Wait, we’re going to go on that?” I squeaked.

“Yeah. My friend says it’s really fun. I’ve always wanted to try it.” Kris said enthusiastically.

“We’re going up there?!” I mean, the height isn’t that scary, but it doesn’t look that safe. There isn’t even a footrest!

“Are you scared?” he asked.

“No! Of course not.” Well, I am a bit scared, but I don’t want to admit it...

“Then what are we waiting for?” He grabbed my hand and led me into the building. “Good, there’s no line.”

We got onto one of the benches. Very slowly, we lifted off the ground and started moving across the park.

“Wow! The view is awesome up here!” Kris was really excited about this.

“Y-yeah, it is.” Gosh, this is so much scarier than I thought it was going to be!

“Ji Eun? Are you alright?”

“I’m perfectly fine.” I said, trying not to let my voice waver.

“Really? Because I think you’re starting to cut off the circulation in my hand.” I looked at him, and then down at our hands. I had been unconsciously squeezing his hand because I was so scared.

Oops.

“Ah! Sorry...” I let go of his hand, instantly regretted it, and grabbed his hand again. “Ok, maybe I am a little scared.”

“If you’re scared, then why didn’t you say so?”

“Because you said you really wanted to go on it!” He sighed and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

“You didn’t have to do this if you were scared.” he told me.

I looked down. We were above a lake now. I clung to him tightly, burying my face into his shoulder. “It’s a bit too late to say that now!”

He pulled me in even more. “Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall. Look around a bit, just don’t look down.”

I looked up slowly, fighting the urge to move my gaze downwards. From our position, we got a beautiful view of the entire park. “Wow...it’s nice.” I said, slightly surprised.

“See? It’s not that bad.” he said. I nodded and snuggled closer to him. I wasn’t as scared anymore, but that didn’t mean that I was ready to let him go just yet.

We finally made it to the last stop on the sky lift. As soon as it stopped I almost jumped off. “Solid ground at last.” I said happily.

Kris laughed at how happy I was to get off of the sky lift. “So I’m guessing that you want to walk now?”

“Yeah. No more sky lifts for me. I’ve had enough of that for one day.” I paused. “But I wouldn’t mind going on it again some day, as long as it’s with you.”

Kris looked extremely happy. “Then we’ll come back one day.” He checked the time. “It’s getting pretty late. We should start heading back home.” We began to walk down the path which led back to the entrance.

“Kris?”

“Hm?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

I gave him a light kiss on the cheek. “For taking me out. I had a lot of fun.”

He chuckled. “You call that a kiss?”

That was the only warning I got before his lips were on mine. I was a bit surprised at first, but I still kissed him back with equal enthusiasm. After our lips parted, I felt a bit dizzy.

A lot of other people on the path were shooting glances at us. “Great, now everyone is staring at us.”

“They’re just jealous.” Kris told me.

“Jealous?”

“Of the fact that I have the best girlfriend in the world.”

I elbowed him lightly, but he just laughed and gave me another kiss. “What? It’s true.”

“If you’re done flirting, we should probably head back now.” I said, taking his hand and pulling him down the path.

_______________

aww so cute >_< but enough fluffiness, next chapter a new arc is starting. It may or may not involve two people who haven't appeared in the story yet....;D

and more news! I've started a new fanfic! It's a bit different from this, but hopefully you'll enjoy it

check it out HERE

thank you all for being awesome <3